[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julius or Parker?

Cowboyz1

I am going against my fantasy rule book here. Julius is my starter. Julius is my starter. Did i mention that Julius is my starter. However, Parker just looks so good and against the Texans! It just seems so hard to pass up. I would love to pull for Jones on Monday night but then again, is's a rivalry game where anything can happen. Pile on top of that I am a boys homer. Help me out here to think clearly. Is this a tossup. Personally, I would like to believe that Brunell throws at least 3 picks and this one is out of control by the third. But there it is will Julius run all over and all night or will Bill rest him with A-train. Parker is the only guy.

EEEEEERRRRRRR. Decision time. :D

Fellow 'boys homer here, and I'd start Parker. The way I see it, Parker has the most going for him. He's the only healthy back on that roster. He's going against an absolute SEIVE of a defense in Houston. Because the Steelers are likely to roll, he's going to get plenty of carries. Even if it's close, he'll get plenty of carries. He's also active in the passing game.

Jones, while he'll get the carries, isn't as active in the passing game (though Parcells is working to change that). The 'skins D is tough, tough and tough, and Jules isn't likey to break off a long one against them. His yards will be tough, and if the game is close, you can never tell when he might come out for a blow and let A-train vulture a score. If the 'boys do get a big lead, then Jones is likely to give way to the A-train.

Like TS says, Jones is probably the better bet for a multi-TD game. I think Parker though, because of injuries to the other backs, stands the best chance of playing all game, and being more productive with his carries. I look for 150+ total yards from him and one TD (with a decent shot for a second). And barring injury, I can't see him coming out of this game with less than 70 and a TD. I'll take the 13 points I can bank over the "maybe 20, maybe 7" outta Julius. The only way I'd play Jones is if I KNEW I needed every point possible (like you're playing a guy with LT, Peyton, Moss and Gonzo on his team).

If you think Parker will do it again this week, start em. I realize it's a tough call to sit someone you actually drafted high for some waiver wire pick up, but... If Parker had a tough match up, I'd definitely go with Jones, but his match up appears good enough to at least flip the coin.

Fellow 'boys homer here, and I'd start Parker.  The way I see it, Parker has the most going for him.  He's the only healthy back on that roster.  He's going against an absolute SEIVE of a defense in Houston.  Because the Steelers are likely to roll, he's going to get plenty of carries.  Even if it's close, he'll get plenty of carries.  He's also active in the passing game.

Jones, while he'll get the carries, isn't as active in the passing game (though Parcells is working to change that).  The 'skins D is tough, tough and tough, and Jules isn't likey to break off a long one against them.  His yards will be tough, and if the game is close, you can never tell when he might come out for a blow and let A-train vulture a score.  If the 'boys do get a big lead, then Jones is likely to give way to the A-train.

Like TS says, Jones is probably the better bet for a multi-TD game.  I think Parker though, because of injuries to the other backs, stands the best chance of playing all game, and being more productive with his carries.  I look for 150+ total yards from him and one TD (with a decent shot for a second).  And barring injury, I can't see him coming out of this game with less than 70 and a TD.  I'll take the 13 points I can bank over the "maybe 20, maybe 7" outta Julius.  The only way I'd play Jones is if I KNEW I needed every point possible (like you're playing a guy with LT, Peyton, Moss and Gonzo on his team).

996702[/snapback]

I agree WV. I just worry about the rivalry. Parker to me is going to be on the field where as Bill said he wanted to lighten the load on Jules after last week getting a little winded. I have Parker in the lineup now and I am still sweating the decision. I am also starting Bledsoe so that worries me a little. I need a shot at a big game from Parker and because I am going against Manning. I have Jamal Lewis starting also.

Lineup

Bledsoe, Drew

Lewis, Jamal

Parker, Willie

Harrison, Marvin

McCardell, Keenan

Gonzalez, Tony

Nugent, Mike

Cowboys, DST

Reserves

Harrington, Joey

Brown, Ronnie

Jones, Julius

Taylor, Fred

Edwards, Braylon

Jets, DST

I dunno, you are contemplating sitting likely your first or second round draft pick for some guy you likely picked up off of waivers or drafted late and had one good week?

And you are a boys homer?

JJ is the way, my man.

996682[/snapback]

What difference does it make where a player is drafted? Things change through out the season. Draft position is not a criteria for who to start.

All last week I advocated starting Parker over Edge, and McAllister and DD. I have him in 4 of 6 leagues and I like his matchup this week against Houston.

Having said that I'd start Julius. Last week the Cowboys played San Diego who have a tough run defense and a soft pass defense. Enter Bledsoe. This week they play the Skins who overall have a better defense then San Diego but are more balanced. Bledsoe is not going to be able to go off on the Skins. I think the Boys are going to grind it out with Jones all night.

Jones by a nose over Parker. Both are good plays regardless.