[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's talk about the Metal

Chavez

Who posted in: Let's talk about the Metal

Poster Posts

Chavez 12

Bonehand 11

bushwacked 9

Ursa Majoris 7

loaf 6

slambo 4

CeleryJello 3

Flypaste 3

General Itals 3

BLAH! 3

Swiss Cheezhead 2

Clubfoothead 2

Perchoutofwater 2

Skilly 2

Miner 2

Azazello1313 1

SeductiveNun 1

Front Row 1

Redfish 1

Thews40 1

Hydrovibe

They have some good material done on MySpace.com.

If they get their stuff together and finish their album, I think they could go places.

1022668[/snapback]

Thanks for the link, I checked it out and liked it. You fans of female lead singers should give it a listen.

Edited by slambo

• 4 months later...

For all of you metalheads out there, Celtic Frost is returning with a new album called Monotheist.

Since Frost have only managed one notable misstep in their career (Cold Lake, which on reflection isn't quite as bad as it seemed at the time), I hope I'm not the only one looking forward to getting my greasy mitts on this Cd.

JUDAS PRIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is the best true metal band of all-time. They just released a new album (Angel Of Retribution) and a new DVD (Rising in the East) this past year and after a two year world tour are back in the studio recording another album. I saw them with Queensryche this past year and though I like QR Judas Priest blew them away.

They swept the Asian Grammy's as well which is just crazy.

I'm with GI on the chick from Lacuna Coil.  The voice gives me chills.

1002714[/snapback]

Lacuna Coil is going to be in town April 14th. I'm planning on asking Cristina to marry me. :D Wish me luck.

I've been digging on Dream Theatre and catching up on all the old Fates Warning.  Solid stuff.  Still, nothing has forced me to take the Tool out of the 6-CD changer

1002714[/snapback]

Love Fates Warning. I like Dream Theatre, but not nearly as much as Queensryche. Liquid Tension Experiment is an interesting side project band that a few guys from DT are in.

I like heavy Alternative. It is closer to what I consider a "classic metal" sound. If you ever have the chance check out the Dropkick Murphys.

Also something really cool is ska metal. I like Skyndred and Big D and the Kid's Table.

AND AND AND you HAVE to check out Betty Blowtorch if you get the chance...you just gotta. :D

In other metal news.....

It's official, Rick Rubin will be producing the next Metallica album.

......enter, the Metallica haters......

1332737[/snapback]

Are you kiddin'? Rubin resurrected Johnny Cash AND Neil Diamond - one hopes he can get Metallica back on track. They might be too far gone to help, though....

Forget the name of the abnd but they had an album titled "into the mirror black"

1333879[/snapback]

I'm thinking Sanctuary, but you probably want to double-check that one.

I'm thinking Sanctuary, but you probably want to double-check that one.

1333894[/snapback]

that is it, they were local and rocked all places around here, went a bit further than Metalchurch did, less issues better musicians

Also used to likea band called "Culprit" a lot

Saw C of C on the Motorhead bill earlier this year.  They weren't half bad.  I do find most recent metal tedious, just bands trying to outdo each other on what loyal Satan slaves they are.  ::D

1000252[/snapback]

If you havent already, check out Down. The NOLA cd is better than Down II IMHO