[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My old Sony 30" just bit the big one

Big Score 1

GOTTA have my Sunday NFL fix for my Fantasy Football players.

Have to be able to watch my guys takin' names & kickin' butt this weekend and for the foreseeable future.

Is the Maxtent HDTV 42" Plasma the right replacement for my trusty, but now defunct 30" Sony?

Anybody got one please fill me in. Or offer suggestions for alternates. I've got like 30 minutes before I head out to Best Buys and get one

Just purchased the JVC 52" HD-ila yesterday. Was better than the Toshiba DLP hands down. After about 3 months of research, I couldn't find any better bang for the buck. I'm personally still not sold on plasma because of the "burn-in" potential.

Don't know about the TV you're looking at, but BB has the JVC's on sale. Purchased ours at HH Gregg because I could negotiate a MUCH better deal than at BB.

One of my friends suffered the burn in pretty quickly w/in 6 months i think. they live in manhattan and for those of you familiar w/manhattan cable, they kept NY1 on for business reasons and the logo burned in the screen. and to top it off, they bought the waranty for like $1000 and that is not covered. that's enough to keep me from going plasma

One of my friends suffered the burn in pretty quickly w/in 6 months i think.  they live in manhattan and for those of you familiar w/manhattan cable, they kept NY1 on for business reasons and the logo burned in the screen.  and to top it off, they bought the waranty for like $1000 and that is not covered.  that's enough to keep me from going plasma

1000248[/snapback]

Avoid burn-in, get a DLP. 56", just about to be switched on for the day. :D:D

Plasma's have a better picture, but much can go wrong. Burn in, as mentioned above and I've heard when the bulbs go out they're very expensive to replace.

I have a 52" HDTV by Panasonic. Rear projection LCD. I can play video games the screen is plastic so it's more damage proof than other expensive TVs. So if you have kids, wild friends or pets, I recommend taking this route.