[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

packer fans

crispirons

I took a little beating against the man today. i would kick my dog if i had one, since i don't, the packers will have to do.

honestly though, this team is probably not going to be very good for a long time. horrible drafting the last few yrs and a very shoddy defense. now the offense looks putrid too. maybe some people will finally give up there season tickets...... :D j/k......those darn cheeseheads don't give em up for nothing.

The only thing that soothes the sting of a Lions drubbing at the hands of the lowly Bears is the warm feeling I get inside whenever the Packers lose. Given the way they've looked the last two weeks, I may not need a parka for a good portion of the winter.

The only thing that soothes the sting of a Lions drubbing at the hands of the lowly Bears is the warm feeling I get inside whenever the Packers lose.  Given the way they've looked the last two weeks, I may not need a parka for a good portion of the winter.

1001503[/snapback]

:D:D

I'm an eternal optimist, so 0-2 in this division doesn't look that bad to me. I mean, at least the offense did SOMETHING today. Unfortunately, Joey Thomas and Mark Roman played like ass and made Dilfer look like a gunslinger.

I believe if Roman had made the tackle on Heiden (instead of whiffing and letting him run for a TD), Favre would have marched down the field and Longwell would have kicked the winning field goal. Unfortunately, Roman would get juked out of his jock by a snail.

On the flip side, our O-line looked like it made some nice strides in this game. Favre frequently had a TON of time to throw and we were finally able to get some success with pulling guards throwing blocks on outside runs.

As for the future, I can't see how it's that bad. We're starting out with a very good 2005 draft featuring a very talented QB, a 2nd-round safety who forced his way into the starting lineup, a 7th-round guard who did the same, a stud WR, and a couple of solid contributors at DL and LB. I believe we have 11 rookies on the roster, which says something about this year's draft.

Thompson will continue to manage the cap well and, hopefully, continue his success evaluating talent. Sherman will at least run the offense for a while, which is good, and Bates will either be DC or HC down the road. Doesn't sound like doomsday to me.

I havn't seen Favre that stressed out since...ever actually.

I saw him fake a run and throw to Ferguson and went incomplete. He started yelling at him....IMO wasn't Fergs fault, he thought he was going to run and he was going to go block and plus he is not a #2 until now.

Poor Favre, poor GB =(

As for the future, I can't see how it's that bad. We're starting out with a very good 2005 draft featuring a very talented QB, a 2nd-round safety who forced his way into the starting lineup, a 7th-round guard who did the same, a stud WR, and a couple of solid contributors at DL and LB. I believe we have 11 rookies on the roster, which says something about this year's draft.

Thompson will continue to manage the cap well and, hopefully, continue his success evaluating talent. Sherman will at least run the offense for a while, which is good, and Bates will either be DC or HC down the road. Doesn't sound like doomsday to me.

1001803[/snapback]

this last draft wasn't too bad for them. what about the preceeding yrs? how many of there top 4 rounds of draft picks are still on the team? how many are starters? i'm not sure of the numbers thats why i'm asking, not being sarcastic like i usually am.

the offense, and farve in particular, look old and rusty. that was the strong point of the packers and now it looks like they are mediocre. being a homer, you have to be an optimist, but surely this team will not be good for the next 3 yrs. at the minimum.

Lose at Lambeau to the lowly Browns, incomparably quarterbacked by Trent Dilfer? This is the season we have been waiting for Bears Fans.

Lions, Vikes, Pack NOTSOGOOD................................................................

Lose at Lambeau to the lowly Browns, incomparably quarterbacked by Trent Dilfer?  This is the season we have been waiting for Bears Fans.

Lions, Vikes, Pack NOTSOGOOD................................................................

1002619[/snapback]

hard to argue. they have all looked sloppily bad. orton has showed some nice composure. they will give him a game plan each week that he can work with. doesn't have to be anything great, just adequate. good defense wins games, the bears have the best in the division. i don't see in any way shape or form how they could compete with the best teams in the conference though. the eagles would shelllack them. they do have a chance to win this very weak division though.

The biggest problems I see is Sherman relying on the passing game way too much and then when he does go to the running game, he likes to get a little too cute with it.

Too much specialization if you ask me.

Tony Fisher is his designated pass catching back and when he comes in, I know if I was the D, I would be keying on him.

Davenport as his special short yardage guy. Again it's tipping the hand of the play that is going to be called.

Then you've got Ahman Green, the most talented back of the three, who got a whopping 12 carries in game 1 and yesterday a whole 16 carries.

When you're only get 12 or 16 carries for an entire game, you know those carries are not in series, they're too interspersed for a RB to get in the flow. Now if the game is out of hand, I can understand not as many carries, but even then, don't pull Ahman to put Fisher in. Dead give away that the next play is going to be a pass play.

Sherman's use of his RB's is just too darn predictable now and why on earth take out your best RB anyway? :D

First things first - Get Kevin Barry on the OL for Klemm or Whitticker; last I saw they weren't starting Barry because of the dominance of the "U-71" package. Screw that, I say - it's about getting your 5 best OLs on the field as much as possible. He certainly can't be worse.

Then dedicate to the run - in two fairly close games (GB was down by a td most of week 1, and didn't go down by double digits until there was about 2 1/2 minutes left in the 3rd this week), they did NOT run, despite having 3 very good backs on the roster. Given the way Favre has looked, I think you go in and pound, pound, pound, and then when they adjust to stop the run, you pound it a little more just to be safe. Should take pressure off the passing game and maybe calm Favre the f*ck down.

On defense, the lone bright spot has been that GB is reasonably tough against the run - they shut down a terrific back in K Jones and a solid back in Droughns. Unfortunately, they are getting NO pass rush and not forcing turnovers. I think with the D we're stuck with what we have - you don't find shutdown corners or stud DLs on the waiver wire. Just have Bates keep coachin' 'em up and hope for the best.

First things first - Get Kevin Barry on the OL for Klemm or Whitticker; last I saw they weren't starting Barry because of the dominance of the "U-71" package. Screw that, I say - it's about getting your 5 best OLs on the field as much as possible. He certainly can't be worse.

1003772[/snapback]

I agree with the concept, but from where I sat, the O-line played WAY better in the second half against Cleveland. There were several times when Favre had 5+ seconds to throw. Also, Klemm had at least a couple of good pulling blocks that I saw. That's supposed to be his strength, so I'm not ready to hand him a medal. However, the O-line has looked serviceable to me.

If Barry is better than Klemm or Whitticker, then he should be in all the time. The U-71 hasn't exactly been "dominant" this year, anyway.

If Barry is better than Klemm or Whitticker, then he should be in all the time. The U-71 hasn't exactly been "dominant" this year, anyway.

1003963[/snapback]

Seriously, there was an article in the Journal-Sentinel prior to the season that at the very least indicated the coaches were "hesitant" to put Barry in as a starter SPECIFICALLY because of how effective the U-71 package had been.

Which makes no f'in sense to me - if he's not good enough to start, just say so; otherwise figure out another option for your gimmick/exotic package and get the 5 best guys out there.

I'd love to comment on the 2nd half, but I was sorta passed out by then. :doah: