[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Johnson

Bombs Away

:D

all those fourth round and fifth round picks I wasted taking Johnson from the Holmes owner...

1002128[/snapback]

I am very jealous of your Larry Johnson pick in 32 More Homers. I was seriously considering taking him with my first pick in that draft, but chickened out. I'd drafted him in every other league I'm in, and decided not to risk it. Went with Chris Brown. :doah:

Who got the rock with the game on the line?   :D

1002168[/snapback]

That's meaningless at this point in time. Vermeil is of course going to be loyal to Holmes. It's what coaches do with great players in their waning years.

LJ will get more looks as the season progresses. I'm concerned with what he's doing while I am in the playoffs.

To keep this from being a complete group hug, I do not agree with this. From what I saw last night, I think the Raiders keyed more on Holmes than on Johnson, but I could be wrong. I still saw Holmes flash his greatness and get his touchdown against a defense that clearly was geared to stop Priest Holmes.

I am impressed with Johnson, I just don't think his time will exceed the 2-1 ratio designed to keep Holmes as fresh as possible. The comment above about who gets the rock in crunch time does have a bearing on the season, IMO. I think in the big time close games, Vermeil will turn to Holmes when it matters, and that time will result in continued and possibly increased TD's for Holmes later in the season.

I can't remember...what is the contract status of these two players?