[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT....whats the deal?

Wolv

Hasn't come close to a 100 yard game yet. SD is now 0-2. A direct result of underutilizing the best player in the game? He didn't see the ball in the final drive vs the Cowboys, and he only carried 19 times vs Denver, and didn't catch a pass. Both games were close, so having to rely on the passing game can't be an excuse.

Marty is a hard-headed SOB. I think he wants to depend on his new-found passing game to keep LT fresh going into the playoffs. :D I don't know - that's really all I can think of. If I were SDs coach, I'd run the wheels off that team. LT, Turner and Neal make a heck of a combo. :D

Wisen up Marty!

Marty is a hard-headed SOB.  I think he wants to depend on his new-found passing game to keep LT fresh going into the playoffs.  :D  I don't know - that's really all I can think of.  If I were SDs coach, I'd run the wheels off that team.  LT, Turner and Neal make a heck of a combo.  :D

Wisen up Marty!

1002138[/snapback]

Exactly.

At this rate, there will be no playoffs for LT to be fresh for....

Marty is a hard-headed SOB.  I think he wants to depend on his new-found passing game to keep LT fresh going into the playoffs.  :D  I don't know - that's really all I can think of.  If I were SDs coach, I'd run the wheels off that team.  LT, Turner and Neal make a heck of a combo.  :D

Wisen up Marty!

1002138[/snapback]

Playoffs? (said in my best Jim Mora Sr. impersonation). This team ain't going to the playoffs at its current pace, that's for sure. They're under-utilizing the best RB in football and dang it, he's on my team - doesn't Marty know this?

They're under-utilizing the best RB in football and dang it, he's on my team - doesn't Marty know this?

1002152[/snapback]

I agree. The most surprising stat so far is NO THROWS TO LT. Even if the O line can't open holes for the best RB in football, where are the tosses to LT when he's open in the secondary? Where are the screen passes?? I mean, COME ON!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

I think the biggest factor for LT's struggles has been the play of the Offensive Line. I saw both the Cowboy game and the Denver game and the holes just aren't there. Teams are getting good penetration and this is a cause for Brees's struggles as well.

I hope its not the case but the Chargers may regret not having paid Hudson Houck.

I agree. The most surprising stat so far is NO THROWS TO LT. Even if the O line can't open holes for the best RB in football, where are the tosses to LT when he's open in the secondary? Where are the screen passes?? I mean, COME ON!!!!!!!!!!  :D  :D

1003079[/snapback]

Not giving LT the rock 25 times a game is nuts. Not giving him the ball in the passing game is :D:D:D

I think the biggest factor for LT's struggles has been the play of the Offensive Line.  I saw both the Cowboy game and the Denver game and the holes just aren't there.  Teams are getting good penetration and this is a cause for Brees's struggles as well. 

I hope its not the case but the Chargers may regret not having paid Hudson Houck.

1003417[/snapback]

Several offensive linemen had quotes in the SD paper today acknowledging the obvious.....that they're just not getting the job done. I'm sure Haulk's absence is a factor, but Fonoti has a broken hand and some of the rest are dinged up. O line play will have to improve or it's gonna be a LONG year!!!

Not giving LT the rock 25 times a game is nuts.  Not giving him the ball in the passing game is :D

1003553[/snapback]

19 carries in each of the past 2 games - that's on pace for 300+.

Can't speak to the passing game.