[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Only Week 2, but the most overhyped

msaint

...IMHO:

K.Jones

N. Burleson

JJ Arrington

Yikes. :D

20-20 hindsight, of course. And I'm not saying all won't come around -- though Arrington's situation is the most disturbing -- but Jones was pimped as a mid-first-rounder in some cases, and has been nonexistent. Burleson was heralded as a legit low-level #1/high-level #2 WR. As for JJ, I guess that YPC in pre-season did mean something. Blecch.

Well Culpepper and KJ were often 1st rounders and 2nd rounders at the latest ... I'd say these guys are put the hurt on more teams than any.

Manning will be fine.

Gonzo is a bit disappointing so far.

The Holmes/LJ split is making Holmes look more like a 2nd rounder.

Burleson = vastly over-rated.

Walker is putting a hurt on some ... due to his injury.

Favre was apparently taken too high as was Ahman Green.

i was going to do a similar post last night when i made the "who's to first to get axed" post. lots of disappointments out there. how about jamal lewis. manning and culp.....at least right now. kevin jones. two wr's that i stayed away from in all my leagues was colbert and lee evans. i'm glad of that. benson has to be on the list for where he was drafted.....at least in most leagues. i don't own burlington in any leagues either. glad i didn't buy into that hype.

Favre was apparently taken too high as was Ahman Green.

1002285[/snapback]

Favre is the #6 fantasy QB right now and it appears that he will be throwing a ton this year. I would not write him off fantasy wise, just "let's win this game for the Packers" wise.

Kevin Curtis

Andre Johnson

Jamal Lewis

But it has only been two games. Too early to throw away anyone. But long enough to cast a suspicious eye now.

1002293[/snapback]

Agree, short sample size, but cause for concern. And I ignored guys who didn't really need any pre-season hype -- e.g. Peyton, Daunte -- and concentrated on guys who hadn't really "been there/done that" on a consistent basis, like Arrington, Burleson and Jones, the latter two being drafted wayyyyy high based on only one year/half a year of solid production.

That said, I was buying into the K.Jones hype and was pissed when he was taken one spot ahead of me in the 2nd, where I got T.Holt. Thank God. :D

K.Jones

N. Burleson

JJ Arrington

1002268[/snapback]

kevin jones.  two wr's that i stayed away from in all my leagues was colbert and lee evans.    benson has to be on the list for where he was drafted.....at least in most leagues. 

1002287[/snapback]

Andre Johnson

1002293[/snapback]

Great. In various leagues I own all the above mentioned disasters. :D

That said, I was buying into the K.Jones hype and was pissed when he was taken one spot ahead of me in the 2nd, where I got T.Holt. Thank God. :D

1002306[/snapback]

I drank a big glass of the KJ kool-aid and took him 2-1 (I will forever say Moss was my 1-12 pick). He will be planted on the bench for a while.

I drank a big glass of the KJ kool-aid and took him 2-1 (I will forever say Moss was my 1-12 pick).  He will be planted on the bench for a while.

1002328[/snapback]

Only a glass? I drank th e whole darn pitcher. KJ in two leagues. And now he will be on the bench in 2 leagues until he (and the lions) shows some consistent offense.

just think of walking out of draft day with this lineup:

Culpepper

K Jones

J Lewis

J Walker

R Wayne

N Burleson

J Witten

J Hanson

Baltimore

it would have been one to happy about wouldn't it?

thank goodness it's not my lineup!

tony

1002359[/snapback]

Well thats darn close to mine

Manning "sorry guys I throw all my TDs last year, no more left"

Lewis "prison *itch got slow (maybe to many sausages)"

Jones "maybe if I can have a O-line, a QB, and the ball more than 10 times"

SJax "mike a-hole martz"

Walker "well I can't now"

Burlesson " a pure lession not to listen to hype"

Bruce "see SJax"

LJ smith

McMicheal

Wilkins

Bills

Came out of draft thinking "money in the Bank" , Now I see it just wont be my bank.

Edited by TJOLIRPH