[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Better than expected - the positive version of..

Spartans91

Keeping in mind there are still two games to go, but...

- Rod Smith still has some juice: 13th most productive WR in PPR leagues; 23rd best without. And he hasn't even scored his first TD yet.

- Mason is wildly outpeforming pre-draft expectations: 9th best WR with PPR; 12th best without.

- Trent Dilfer: No one loved him in preseason. Hardly anyone paid attention to him after Week 1. But he's currently a top 5 fantasy QB.

- Bengals' DEF: yeah, they've had some weak matchups. But they are scoring about the same as the Bills and Colts for fantasy, which is noteworthy.

- Tynes: most FG opportunities and third most extra point opportunites. Surprise!

- Droughns: impressed with how active he is in the passing game. In PPR leagues, he's the 15th most productive RB. Crazy.

- Larry Johnson: okay, okay. I'll say Uncle. He's not just a handcuff.

- S. Davis: short yardage TDs inflate his value, but his value is nevertheless MUCH higher than the vast majority of people gave him credit for in drafts.

Edited by yo mama

Yeah, what about the positive side of fantasy life.

Of players who could might actually continue fantasy relevance:

Dilfer - I've seen both Cleveland games so far this year and I have to say the passing game ain't bad at all. Dilfer is no Peyton, but the vet has weapons to work with there.

Stephen Davis - everyone was looking at Foster and that rookie we've all but forget about by now. Who knew the old guy still had it?

Willie Parker - The Huddle posters' favorite sleeper 2 weeks before the season now has the starting gig on a team that's scored 60+ points in 2 games. Nobody thought he would be this good did they? If I only had the balls to start him ahead of Dillon this last week. :D

Fitzgerald - looking nice. He and Boldin could be Holt and Bruce in the desert.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

How could I have forgetton Stephen Davis. What a story he has been (not that anyone is covering it!)

Good to see some Kickers and Defenses making this list!

I would add Mushin Muhammad as well. Nobody expected anything from the NFL's leading WR in 2004 but he has been getting a ton of balls thrown to him and looks to be a solid FF player (still)