[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cadillac Williams the next Ladanian?

rawbwilsh

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year he'll be a first round draft pick.

1003663[/snapback]

With than line any prductive back could be. He could blow out a knee next week though. Many felt he wasn't big enough t last the season. Bring this up again later.

Domiick David started the way Willie did this year. Wilile could be the same kind of back but with a better O line.

If you were smart, or at least paid attention, he was a first round draft pick this year.

1003689[/snapback]

Assuming you're talking about fantasy drafts--smart owners who pay attention would never have drafted Caddy in the first round. They would have waited until the late 2nd or early 3rd (or even later) and gotten much better value.

Edited by Big Talker

Assuming you're talking about fantasy drafts--smart owners who pay attention would never have drafted Caddy in the first round.  They would have waited until the late 2nd or early 3rd (or even later) and gotten much better value.

1003706[/snapback]

He went at 3.9 in my league...to me, thank God. :D

while i agree if a 12 team draft was held today, he would be in the top 10 RBs taken (minor injuries aside). i saw in most mocks he was going in the third round on because Gruden (to his credit) didn't showcase him in the preseason, and he sprung him on the league once the games counted. When I saw him at 5.04, I had to take him.

I haven't seen enough of his pass catching ability to equate him with DD, but I do like his ability to pick up yardage after getting hit, he attitude, and a nose for the end zone. Couple that with a team with a very good DEF, a smart (enough) QB, good WRs, and a coach who has won at this level, Cadillac can be a star in the NFL and FF.

I think that cheap bust out td run in week 1 was the best thing that could have happened to him.  :D  He is running with a lot of confidence!

1003740[/snapback]

And anger I think. He is showing he is better than the other 2 RB's taken before him. Ronnie Brown was the back up at Auburn.

Assuming you're talking about fantasy drafts--smart owners who pay attention would never have drafted Caddy in the first round.  They would have waited until the late 2nd or early 3rd (or even later) and gotten much better value.

1003706[/snapback]

And who would these smart owners have drafted ahead of him?

1003775[/snapback]

Manning

Alexander

LT

Moss

TO

Mcgahee

Duece

Edge

Priest

Jamal Lewis

Julius Jones

Rudi

Dillon

Hindsight is 20/20 in week 2 but before the first snap of the season I see these guys taken ahead of Caddy

Edited by whomper

Julius Jones is the only one on that list that I would have taken ahead of Carnell Williams.

1003795[/snapback]

Oh OK. I thought we were being serious..My bad.

:D unless ahead means picked after

Edited by whomper

1003775[/snapback]

Players that were valued higher on average and required a first round pick to acquire.

Don't get me wrong, I was targeting Cadillac in my draft, but was able to get him at 4.03 in a 12 team league because I know that the other owners take a wait and see attitude with rookies. I never pick a guy where I have him ranked if I am fairly confident he'll slide to me in a later round.

I drafted him 1.01.

Of course, it was a dynasty league, but I still drafted him 1.01.

1003801[/snapback]

Julius Jones was avalable in your rookie Dynasty draft ? :D

Edited by whomper

Oh OK. I thought we were being serious..My bad.

:D unless ahead means picked after

1003797[/snapback]

I am serious.

I don't subscribe to the commonly used cheat sheets and web site rankings that are based off last year's statistics. I draft the players who are going to put up the best numbers in the upcoming season.

If you do a search, you'll find numerous posts from me in June, July and August in which I said Julius Jones would put up the best fantasy numbers of any RB this season and that Carnell Williams should be a top 10 overall pick.

It's tough being right all the time. Believe me, if I could turn it off, I would. :D

I am serious.

I don't subscribe to the commonly used cheat sheets and web site rankings that are based off last year's statistics.  I draft the players who are going to put up the best numbers in the upcoming season.

If you do a search, you'll find numerous posts from me in June, July and August in which I said Julius Jones would put up the best fantasy numbers of any RB this season and that Carnell Williams should be a top 10 overall pick.

It's tough being right all the time.  Believe me, if I could turn it off, I would.  :D

1003814[/snapback]

I'd be a genius too if Julius Jones were available in my dynasty leagues.

I am serious.

I don't subscribe to the commonly used cheat sheets and web site rankings that are based off last year's statistics.  I draft the players who are going to put up the best numbers in the upcoming season.

It's tough being right all the time.  Believe me, if I could turn it off, I would.  :D

1003814[/snapback]

:D

I  was able to get him at 4.03 in a 12 team league because I know that the other owners take a wait and see attitude with rookies.  I never pick a guy where I have him ranked if I am fairly confident he'll slide to me in a later round.

1003800[/snapback]

Right. I got him 6.05 in my 8 team redraft - after Fred Taylor, ahead of Chris Brown.

I mean, let's look at this - Tampa hasn't been above 22nd in ANY rushing category (att, yds, apc, tds) since Gruden got there, there were (and still are) durability concerns, and competent back Pittman was there as well. Going into the season, Cadillac was far from a sure thing.