[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cadillac Williams the next Ladanian?

rawbwilsh

This thread is pointless right now.  It is too early in the season to be talking about Cadillac being the next LT2 and whether or not Vet is an idiot or a fantasy football genius.  Give it time people.  I could say Im a genius and told everyone that Stephen Davis would lead the league in rushing TDs.  But then again, its only Week 3.

1008256[/snapback]

I just want everyone to know that I am a fantasy mastermind. No, but seriously, I was just thinking that this rookie reminds me of when L. Tomlinson had a great rookie year or E. James his rookie year (Monster) thats all I was saying. Just like last year with J. Jones.

There were 4-5 rookie running backs that were drafted in the first round and you knew that only 1 or 2 of them would pan out. Who's going to be the next one?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want everyone to know that I am a fantasy mastermind.  No, but seriously, I was just thinking that this rookie reminds me of when L. Tomlinson had a great rookie year or E. James his rookie year (Monster) thats all I was saying.  Just like last year with J. Jones.

There were 4-5 rookie running backs that were drafted in the first round and you knew that only 1 or 2 of them would pan out.  Who's going to be the next one?

1008933[/snapback]

exclude JJ from that list and I think you're right on point

• 1 month later...
If you were smart, or at least paid attention, he was a first round draft pick this year.

1003689[/snapback]

Sorry.....I was so shocked when I read this months ago, now I have to bring it back to life. This guy trying to belittle people who didn't draft Cadillac in the FIRST ROUND????? Wow.

Sorry.....I was so shocked when  I read this months ago, now I have to bring it back to life.  This guy trying to belittle people who didn't draft Cadillac in the FIRST ROUND?????  Wow.

1120152[/snapback]

Hola. Como estas?

• 1 month later...

Final stats for Caddy were 1250 total yds and 6 tds in 14 games; coulda been more tds but Alstott become td vulture extraorindaire this season - 6 tds on 33 carries.

Overall, nice #2 back numbers; but LT's WORST season is still better than Caddy was this year by a long shot.

Final stats for Caddy were 1250 total yds and 6 tds in 14 games; coulda been more tds but Alstott become td vulture extraorindaire this season - 6 tds on 33 carries.

Overall, nice #2 back numbers; but LT's WORST season is still better than Caddy was this year by a long shot.

1244198[/snapback]

Cadillac may still go in the first round next year. If he can stay healthy he is better than some 1st rounders.

1244198[/snapback]

But Vet said that anyone who was smart and was paying attention would have drafted Cadillac in the first round this year. And Vet's really smart because he has lots of posts...so I don't get it.

But Vet said that anyone who was smart and was paying attention would have drafted Cadillac in the first round this year.  And Vet's really smart because he has lots of posts...so I don't get it.

1244278[/snapback]

IIRC, Vet already had LT as a keeper.

But Vet said that anyone who was smart and was paying attention would have drafted Cadillac in the first round this year.  And Vet's really smart because he has lots of posts...so I don't get it.

1244278[/snapback]

Vet also told me a couple weeks ago that the Bucs were crap and would not make the playoffs. 11-5 and division champs!

Unless Alstott retires and there is no goaline back in Tampa next year, anyone taking Caddy seems like a pretty tenuous first rounder next year.

Lets take a look at the first round (other than Caddy) next year:

Definites:

LT

LJ

Shaun Alexander

Tiki!!!

Edge

Clinton Portis

Rudi Johnson

Maybe:

Chad Johnson

Priest Holmes

Lamont Jordan

Peyton

Carson Palmer

I would rather have just about any of those guys over Caddy. The only two that I think he might have more upside than are Lamont Jordan (who has to prove that he is not a 1 year wonder) and Priest Holmes (who has to prove that he is healthy and that he ends up in a place where he can get a lot of touches).

I have to take Carson Palmer and his "Colts lite" offense over Caddy. I have to take Peyton Manning and ability to get it done on a fantasy basis while never missing a game over Caddy. I have to take Chad Johnson over Caddy because he is probably the most reliable fantasy WR out there right now (Moss has to prove he can get it done in Oakland, the Colts O is diversifying away from a somewhat aging Marvin Harrison, TO is a potential no-show for personality reasons, Steve Smith and Larry Fitzgerald have to establish consistency).

So from my standpoint, there are at least 10 guys in front of Caddy. There are more that I might consider in front of him, like Antonio Gates for example, who is a potential game-breaker if you are in a league that requires a TE, as mine does.

No surprise, amigo.

Should we start posting in espanol?  Will you get it then?

1244284[/snapback]

Wow...thats great material Vet. Sorry, I do happen to speak another language other than English....two to be exact. I guess I'll play the part of the 'worldly' one and you can play the part of the 'ignorant American with shi**y material'. Good luck with that, and let me know who your preliminary top 10 players are for the next draft are so I can avoid them all please.