[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dropping Harrington ...

Grits and Shins

I liked Cincy's defense BEFORE this weekend but after this weekend I don't believe I can leave them on the waiver wire any longer. I have NE and they have under performed so far while Cincy has over-performed.

There is nobody on my roster I really want to drop. Standard 12 team performance league start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DF, 1 Flex (RB/WR). Lost Javon Walker.

With a healthy Bulger, Harrington will never start for me and I would go without a backup QB until I figure out which WR can be dropped next week. Then I'd drop that WR (either Curtis or Calico or Parker obviously) and pick up a TE to cover McMichael's off week.

Too risky?

Bulger

Harrington

------------

DDavis

KJones

WParker

JJArrington

KBarlow

-------------

SSmith

TJHoush

EParker

KCurtis

TCalico

-------------

McMichael

-------------

Reed

-------------

NE

I don't think I see a down side on this. Holding onto Harrington for another 7 weeks to cover the Bulger bye in week 9 makes little sense. While Detroit does go against MN in week 9, I doubt that anyone is going to jump on that guy.

I liked Cincy's defense BEFORE this weekend but after this weekend I don't believe I can leave them on the waiver wire any longer.  I have NE and they have under performed so far while Cincy has over-performed.

There is nobody on my roster I really want to drop.  Standard 12 team performance league start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DF, 1 Flex (RB/WR).  Lost Javon Walker.

1004018[/snapback]

Been going without a backup myself with Brady. Sure, it is risky, but neither have injury history. Do you feel lucky?

I may PU Dilfer or Frerotte this week. I like them both better than Joey.

Edited by Randall

Not sure what QB will be available later ... but right now the guys that are available include

Dilfer

Frerotte

Pennington

Orton

Eli Manning

I'm thinking any of those are comparable with Harrington at this point

And cutting Harrington now lets me pick up a back up (or perhaps starting defense ... assuming I can get them as I will be near the end of waivers) and lets me have one more week to evaluate which WR to cut so I can cover my TE off week.

Not sure what QB will be available later ... but right now the guys that are available include

Dilfer

Frerotte

Pennington

Orton

Eli Manning

I'm thinking any of those are comparable with Harrington at this point

And cutting Harrington now lets me pick up a back up (or perhaps starting defense ... assuming I can get them as I will be near the end of waivers) and lets me have one more week to evaluate which WR to cut so I can cover my TE off week.

1004073[/snapback]

I agree and seeing Harrington tear it up for 1 game won't matter. Pick up Cincy. Heck you might end up dropping NE in a few weeks for one of those QB's anyway.

Good Luck, check out mine.

That's my thoughts as well ...

Next week

I will drop Jeff Reed for the best available PK

I will likely drop Calico for the best available TE (might even do it this week)

1005041[/snapback]

Sounds good to me.

Couldn't wait ... dropped Calico for Jeremy Stevens ... Stevens is by far the best TE available on waivers right now and likely won't make it until next week. I couldn't see that I'd be starting Calico any time soon.

My WRs are very thin and I will be horrible weeks 7 and 10 when SSmith and TJHoush are off ... and I'm still short a WR for week 10 but I'll wait and see what develops between now and then.