[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Meadowlands Stadium

Vet

I'm a bit torn on the proposed new Jets/Giants stadium to be built next to the existing Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands. As a Jets fan, I'd like to have our own stadium out in Queens where we belong. And with the Mets getting a new park, my ideal scenario would be to build Weeb Ewbank Stadium on the existing Shea Stadium site. But it sounds like that ain't gonna happen.

So, we're left with the proposed stadium in the Meadowlands for now, which will be a 50-50% split between the Jets and Giants. They say they can build it such that it will look completely different for a Giants of Jets home game. (I'm assuming they'll use some version of the "flip screen" technology you see on alot of billboards such that the stadium will be green one week and blue the next.

Economically, this makes so much sense that it is a virtual no-brainer. Two NFL teams with deep pockets go in as partners to build a state of the art retractable dome stadium, the state of New Jersey funds some infrastructure improvements, and NJ and the MTA split the costs of running a rail line from Manhattan out to the Meadowlands. We get Superbowls, Final Fours, political conventions, and Bruce Springsteen concerts until the Boss' larynx collapses.

Only locals will understand the Xanadu controversy, so I won't go into it in this forum. Suffice to say, I'm sure there is some type of financial deal that can be worked out between the Giants, Jets, NFL, the Meadowlands ownership, and Xanadu.

So - bottom line I'm interested in:

A. Jets fans view of the proposed joint-stadium.

B. Giant's fans view of the proposed joint-stadium.

C. Outsiders' view of two teams teaming up to build and play in a common stadium.

Thanks in advance for any comments -

I think the shared stadium still has some major hurrdles to over come, namely, the Giants' insistance that thier practice facility and headquarters be a part of the plan. Their most recent proposal still shows the two practice fields next to the stadium. That would mean that it would still be a "Giants Stadium" and the Jets would still be second class citezens. They want the Jets to split the bill but refuse to allow the stadium to be shared..... I hold out hope for Queens still....

As an outsider, this seems pretty cheesy. I personally like to see them like every other NFL team with their own backyard (baseball doens't count). This makes a Jets Giants game very weird. Both have home field advantage???

1005114[/snapback]

Somebody let this guy know they're in different conferences :doah:

I'm a jets fan and as most die hards will never like the idea of a shared stadium, it just makes sense and they should create something that will be so advanced they forget about it.