[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Southern Huddler Relief Effort

alchico

We still need your help. Our donations are making a differance. Just thought i'd post a few responses from our guys down south.

Guys just wanted to again offer my gratitude for your efforts and donations to myself and others who are using this in order to rebuild our lives. Just met with superballa and recieved a check. You just don't know how deeply moved I am and how helpful all this. keep up the good work and remember my apt. floor is open to any and all from the Band of Huddlers who want to come to NO when we rebuild.

Many,many thanks

Slayer

Just taking a quick online moment to say you guys are awesome. Got the letter from SuperB a couple of days ago and I just wanted to say thank you.

rajncajn

Just talked to Tom and he wanted to relay his thanks to you all. He is back at his apartment still without power but with ya'lls donations we were able to buy him a generator which runs his A/C, T.V., and basic necessites. He is safe and again thanks you all.

A big THANK YOU too everyone who has chipped in. My family and I greatly appreciate it. Your help will never be forgotten. It was great talking to you Nick, you guys are awesome.

This post has been edited by Hitman: 9/19/05 05:25pm

My brother, as all of those affected, has pride, and none of them want to feel like a needy cause, but the bottom line is they will all need help in the next several months, and i want to again thank everyone that has and will donate money.

The message boards have really helped my brother to keep his spirits up and so once again for all of you that are active, my family is greatful!

coachjb12

My brother has conveyed my feelings here very well but I wanted to tell you all in my words as well.

To all who have donated here, Your generosity is without equal. For this many people to take money from their own pockets without hesitation to help a handful of people that in most cases they have never met just goes to show how great this country really is. The words " Thank You " can never express my gratitude.

Last,

To Superballa, alchico and NSab. The efforts that the 3 of you have put into this just blow me away. I will be seeing SB early this week but to the other 2 guys, When this is all over and we are back in our homes I will be extending a personal invitation for you all to come down and visit our rebuilt city. I want to personally shake your hands and thank you for all you have done not only for the Huddlers affected but for all the people of SE Louisiana and Southern MS.

tbimm

We need to keep this going, Some rough times are ahead for sure and with these other storms looming it could be even longer before things get back to normal.

I know there are many other places people are donating, but this money is gong directly to our huddler bretheran You don't have to use Paypal, you can just mail a check, No donation is Too small, they Do add up. If you need any further info just PM Me or Superballa

:D

Nice work!

Would be great to see this pinned in this forum as well. I know i emptied my pockets a few times and will do so again when i get the next load of bills paid.

Remember everyone this is not a race but a marathon, our fellow Huddlers will endure this tragedy for years to come and we need to keep them in our prayers and give what we can spare to brighten their lives as best we can.

With the new storm coming i'm sure this fund can be put to good use. Let's not let it die :D

I havn't had any new donations in a while but i'm not giving up. I had a thought today and maybe using paypal is holding people back, i'm going to see about getting a p.o. box today and if everyone just sent a buck or 2 it would really add up fast, Will update later today with the address.

If someone could pin this that would be great. :D Also a link to the main thread in the Tailgate would be nice since i'm not sure how to do it. :D

I've been wanting to contribute and I still plan to; the last month has been a little rough on the budget. I'll be making a payment on the 1st of Oct and I like Club's idea, so I'll probably start doing that, too.

1017259[/snapback]

Yes me too.

Well i do have an Update and we are Now Over $5000....$5021.55 to be exact :D

I have the P.O. Box and can now accept checks and cash through the mail.

Remember no amount is too small. If everyone just sent a buck or 2 it would really add up fast :D With all the members we have we could double this fund in a matter of a week or 2. :D Just throw a couple of bucks in and envelope and send it to the address below:

Al Chicovsky

P.O. Box 2779

Fairfield Ca 94533

Well i do have an Update and we are Now Over $5000....$5021.55 to be exact :D

I have the P.O. Box and can now accept checks and cash through the mail.

Remember no amount is too small. If everyone just sent a buck or 2 it would really add up fast :D With all the members we have we could double this fund in a matter of a week or 2.  :D Just throw a couple of bucks in and envelope and send it to the address below:

Al Chicovsky

P.O. Box 2779

Fairfield Ca 94533

1017591[/snapback]

That's right. If everyone gave $2 it would add up fast. I'll do $20 again.

This fund was set up to help our fellow Huddlers in the area who need help. SuperBalla is in the area and has already dispersed checks to some of our friends from this website to help with rent, buy a generator, and just help with whatever they need.

1017856[/snapback]

Just wanted to thank everyone who has donated so far and add that if we don't keep asking it will stop. I havn't had a donation in quite a while which is why there has been no Update. I'm going to check the P.O. box tomorrow and i hope it's full :D

Again many thanks to all that have donated and to the generous people who have done so more than once. This plea goes out to those that may not have seen this yet or have not had a chance, now is the time

We can take Paypal (alchico@pacbell.net) and we also have a P.O. Box

Al chicovsky

P.O. Box 2779

Fairfield Ca 94533