[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marcel Shipp

ced1001

He performed pretty well last week in the abscense of Arrington and I just read in the SI Rumor Central that Deni's hinting he'll maintain keep the role of feature back for to time being.

Two years ago, he put up good numbers. Does this guy have any value in AZ's new offense? Think he's worth a waiver claim?

(if you couldn't tell, I got RB issues)

Short/mid term pick up at best.

If ARZ continues to lose, they'll play JJ, and even if they begin to win, they'll still get him in the mix eventually.

If you need help for the next few weeks, it could be a solid pick up IMO.

1005485[/snapback]

Good info here.

If they were so high on Shipp they wouldnt have brought in Emmitt last year and drafted Arrington this year... You cant expect the world outta the rook this early with the crap OLine they have....

I would pick up Shipp if you had room (esp if u have Arrington).... I think he will turn into a real player by mid-season ala KJones.

I like Shipp, too. However, just temper your expectations. Arrington has only had one bad "real" game. (Though following that up with a lame-ass excuse for not coming to work was certainly poor form). And keep these two things in mind: (1) Shipp didn't exactly set things on fire last week; and (2) starting center Alex Stepanovich played in Week 2, but did not play in Week 1. Gee, I wonder if having a your starting center in the line up might make a difference to a running back's production?

For example:

- Shipp's ypc in week 1: 1.4

- Shipp's ypc in week 2: 4.5

What a difference an O-line can make.

Edited by yo mama

Remember Thomas Jones? This happens often in Arizona, but the real problem there is line blocking. Sure he's worth a pickup, but Arrington could be in the lineup before long.

1005357[/snapback]

As an AZ homer... it really doesn't matter right now if it's Shipp or Arrington starting. Neither are going to do very well until they fix their O-line problems. When you're facing 300 lb defensive linemen in the backfield before you get going... doesn't matter who you are... you're screwed. So...Shipp might get more carries as the starter for the next few weeks (if he indeed does start) but I wouldn't expect much in terms of production...