[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Defense Bye Week Replacement

NavinRJohnson

I've got the Ravens on a bye this week. In our scoring system, they've scored 0 and 4 pts so far in 2 weeks. Verry disappointing...

My question is do I pick up the Bears and play them this week vs. CIN and keep them long term to play matchups OR do I pick up the Saints @ MIN, use them for one week, then throw them back and start BAL the rest of the season. The final option is to make no pickups and take another Defense/ST zero (not that big a deal really).

I have a limited amount of waiver wire pickups available for the season. Should I use one here on either the Saints or the Bears OR save it for a rainy day? Thanks for your opinions.

How confident are you about the rest of your matchups this week?  I guess if you think you could afford losing out on a handful of points, I'd do nothing and save the waiver wire move until you really need it.

1005734[/snapback]

Not too confident. But total points are what really matter in my league (not head-to-head). Taking a chance on a few defensive points and a possible defensive/ST TD really doesn't make much sense to me.

FYI, the Bears have their bye week in week 4, so keep that in mind.  Who else is available, who would you have to drop, etc.?

1005721[/snapback]

Yeah, I'd need the Bears in Week 3 only. After that I would play the Ravens unless the matchup dramatically favors the Bears. I am dropping P. Ramsey, drafted in the 18th round of a 12 team draft after many beers.

There are no other viable alterntatives to the Saints and Bears. With the low-scoring Redskins, Ravens, Lions and Texans all on a bye this week there aren't even any favorable matchups with these teams to exploit.

-- I guess the real question is am I in long term trouble with the Ravens? I though that would be one aspect of my team I wouldn't have to worry about. :D

I'd pickup the Bears, and hold onto them. The Ravens offense looks awful, and that means their defense will be on the field ALOT, and get worn down. I am not saying to dump the Ravens "D", but alternating them and the Bears based upon matchups should get you good fantasy production.

I'd pickup the Bears, and hold onto them.  The Ravens offense looks awful, and that means their defense will be on the field ALOT, and get worn down.  I am not saying to dump the Ravens "D", but alternating them and the Bears based upon matchups should get you good fantasy production.

1005852[/snapback]

Seems like pretty solid advice if you can handle carrying two Ds. If not, then I would just take the 0.