[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to Do, What to do?

Marauders11

10 Team $$ League, we start 3 RB's with no bench- that's right no bench- all rostered players are in the starting line-up each week, even eating a few zeroes as byes come along for your uncuttables, (this is to stimulate free agent bidding which is done with real cash).

I have Lamont Jordan & Cadillac at 1-2 RB's and Chris Brown at #3.

I love Brown and his big play ability, but he's so fragile and the Titans seem determined to keep giving Henry the rock. I just know when/if I do cut him he'll go off, but...

Am I insane for thinking about cutting Brown for one of the following:

Mewelde Moore (1 point per catch league) was a little monster in my leage those 3 games he started last season, very Westbrook like in fact.

OR

Ron Dayne- I know I know, but I just have a feeling he's gonna put up Droughns numbers probably starting this Monday night.

I am thinking long term here- I'm off to a 2-0 start and am 2nd in total points- if I swing for the fences and hit a HR my team could roll the rest of the way......

As anemic as the Vikings offense is, I think there is very little doubt in my mind that Michael Bennett will maybe see the ball 20% of the time from this point forward. Moe Williams another 20%, and that leaves the rest for Moore, or maybe the rook from Florida.

If you don't gamble on Moore now, you'll have to pay a bigger price.

IMO, Moore's upside is far more than Dayne's.

But, the root of the problem is that Chris Brown still is better than Travis Henry.

I say roll the dice on Moore. It's not my money!! :D

As anemic as the Vikings offense is, I think there is very little doubt in my mind that Michael Bennett will maybe see the ball 20% of the time from this point forward. Moe Williams another 20%, and that leaves the rest for Moore, or maybe the rook from Florida.

If you don't gamble on Moore now, you'll have to pay a bigger price.

IMO, Moore's upside is far more than Dayne's.

But, the root of the problem is that Chris Brown still is better than Travis Henry.

1005991[/snapback]

gil is wise. Personally, I'd eliminate Dayne from consideration and flip a coin - it's all based on Brown/Henry's health and how the RB mess in Minny plays out. Moore at least appears more durable, so he'll get his piece of the pie every week.

I wouldn't cut Brown for Moore, for a few reasons:

First of all, the Vikes offense is in disarray. This will not change until Tice is fired. If Tice gets fires, who knows what the RB situation will become under the new format. Moore was looking great last year, made 1 mental error as a rookie, and Tice benched him. Moore is a much bigger risk than the injury prone Brown imo. Brown has looked very good this year. 5.1 YPC, compared to Henry's 3.5 YPC. Problem is, he's gotten dinged up in one game, and the other game was a route. When you have a favorable matchup, and Brown is healthy, he will be the feature back and will produce nice points.

JMHO.

I wouldn't cut Brown for Moore, for a few reasons:

First of all, the Vikes offense is in disarray. This will not change until Tice is fired. If Tice gets fires, who knows what the RB situation will become under the new format. Moore was looking great last year, made 1 mental error as a rookie, and Tice benched him. Moore is a much bigger risk than the injury prone Brown imo. Brown has looked very good this year. 5.1 YPC, compared to Henry's 3.5 YPC. Problem is, he's gotten dinged up in one game, and the other game was a route. When you have a favorable matchup, and Brown is healthy, he will be the feature back and will produce nice points.

JMHO.

1007655[/snapback]

thanks dude- still not sure what I'm gonna do here. I am enamored with pass catching backs like Westbrook et al, and what Moore was able to show during those games last season had me salivating- CPepp loves to check down too so the catches plus the decent rushing yards give him a ton of upside in this league as a #3 RB. If Henry would just go away then I wouldn't even be entertaining cutting Brown, but at best it seems like a Priest/LJ type of rotation going on there- even though Tice is a bafoon some of the comments I've seen from the OC about Bennett make me think that he's had his last shot at being the main man there and Moe is too old, and Fason too young.

Go Mewelde! F-it it's only FF, I might just make the move and hope for the best. :D

I would also eliminate Dayne from consideration. Beyond that I agree with Hugh, who know what is going to happen in that mess in Minnesota. In Tennessee you only have to worry about 1 other back in Minny there are 3 other backs. Brown has definitely out perfomed Henry so far when he has been in there. You are probably better off sticking with Brown.

Being a Vikings homer I'd say without a doubt STAY WITH BROWN - at least for now. With the way your league works and with injuries bound to happen, another RB with come up that you can make a decision on. Moore is not an answer for you right now. Dayne will never be an answer. Stick with Brown. I worked through his injuries last year when I had him but still have some strong man love for the guy.