[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUGH Trade

darin3

I knew going into the season that Priest would be a risky pick, but when it came time to pick at #4, I grabbed him. The owners in this league run the gamut: some are very experienced, some have good overall football knowledge but are somewhat new to fantasy football, and a couple are pure noobs. That said, I was pretty sure I would be able to get LJ later than in most leagues' drafts. Sure enough, i got LJ in the ELEVENTH round :D ... So, now this whole Priest/LJ semi-RBBC thing is annoying the heck out of me, so I put Priest on the block. Actually, one of my leaguemates put HIS stable of RBs (some good RBs, actually) on the block and I offered up Priest. So, here's the deal. Would like some input before inking it (or officially submitting it ... the other owner will mull it over probably).

Priest Holmes

Kevin Jones

Roy Williams

FOR

Caddy Williams

Deuce McAllister

Derrick Mason

Kevin Jones has been an utter disappointment, and if it weren't for one big pass play this past Sunday, Roy Williams would be stinkin' too. I just want no part of the Detroit "offense".

I will still have a solid set of WRs (Horn, Jimmy Smith, Lloyd, Edwards). Mason would be a decent backup/bye week guy.

And I could start Caddy and Deuce... with LJ waiting in the wings if (when?) Priest goes down. Heck, I could even use him as my RB/WR flex. Or use Benson (when/if he's named the starter).

Thoughts?

Sure, why not.  It isn't a stellar deal, but it is worth taking.

1006045[/snapback]

Yeah. It's close. The way I see it...

Caddy > Priest - only based on Holmes' injury issues and RBBC

Deuce > Jones - based on Detroit's pathetic offense

Mason < Williams - even with Detroit's woes... the Ravens' woes will continue

Keep in mind that Caddy has an injury history as well, and while Pitman is no Larry Johnson, he is a solid back up.

1006079[/snapback]

True... but Caddy's looked like a beast (and actually played through a minor injury) and Priest has already had random injuries (stinger). Believe me, it's tough trading Priest. Throughout the course of all his studly fantasy seasons, this is the first year I've had him. :D

I don't like moving KJ right now...when Schleshinger comes back, you'll see drastic improvement in KJ's performance...

I also think that Deuce is on the decline....I hopped off the bandwagon about a week before my draft on pure gut...

I love getting caddy, though.....if you could pull Deuce and KJ from the deal...it would favor you better

other than that...I guess I'd still do it...but I wouldn't bail on those Lions players just yet....even KJ performed well down the stretch last year with even less around him that he does now...

I don't like moving KJ right now...when Schleshinger comes back, you'll see drastic improvement in KJ's performance...

I also think that Deuce is on the decline....I hopped off the bandwagon about a week before my draft on pure gut...

I love getting caddy, though.....if you could pull Deuce and KJ from the deal...it would favor you better

other than that...I guess I'd still do it...but I wouldn't bail on those Lions players just yet....even KJ performed well down the stretch last year with even less around him that he does now...

1006133[/snapback]

I generally agree...

I have Jones/Williams in another league... with capable backups (Parker for Jones and Porter for Williams), so I can afford to sit on the Lions' studs and hope for the best. If they improve, I won't be TOTALLY kicking myself. I guess it IS good to be in a ton of leagues. :D

Thanks for all the input, fellas. Much appreciated.

Priest Holmes

Kevin Jones

Roy Williams

FOR

Caddy Williams

Deuce McAllister

Derrick Mason

1006036[/snapback]

This is a steal in yer favor. Jump on that trade. Mason is doing well. Caddy is a balla and Deuce is not as consistent as Priest but he;ll do fine. :D Forget last night...

I have a team where I am 2-0 and I have ran Caddy and Deuce together. I do have Moss and Collins too. I'd do that trade.

I would do the trade. You get two solid RB's, and Mason has shown he has a pulse this year. Priest is in a RBBC in KC, and I agree with you that Detroit is in disarray so getting rid of KJ and Roy makes perfect sense right now. :D

interesting.......

you certainly would be getting more consistancy in the short term. we don't know how caddy will continue to do. i believe DM will be fine. we know that when healthy, Holmes is amazing... if he goes down you have LJ.... i just have never been a mason fan and his move to bal was career suicide.

i like the deal.

interesting.......

you certainly would be getting more consistancy in the short term.  we don't know how caddy will continue to do.  i believe DM will be fine.  we know that when healthy, Holmes is amazing... if he goes down you have LJ....  i just have never been a mason fan and his move to bal was career suicide. 

i like the deal.

1006692[/snapback]

Thanks for the input, but after initially saying he liked the deal and would probably do it, he declined. :D

Big John - feel free to close this topic.