[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Just Went Down

shockers

I am in a 2 RB 3WR 1QB, 1 TE 1 DEF

My lineup is the following: QB- Leftwich, Green

RB- R. Brown, A. Green, K. Jones, K. Barlow

WR- Muhammed, S. Smith, C. Johnson, Caldwell

TE- LJ Smith, Jolley, Baker

K- Lindell, Hanson

Def- Lions and Bengles

I offered LJ Smith and Leftwich for L. Jordan, Troupe and Plummer

Please let me know what you think. Do you feel it is lopsided one way or another.

Thank you for your help.

I am in a 2 RB 3WR 1QB, 1 TE 1 DEF

My lineup is the following:  QB- Leftwich, Green

RB- R. Brown, A. Green, K. Jones, K. Barlow

WR- Muhammed, S. Smith, C. Johnson, Caldwell

TE- LJ Smith, Jolley, Baker

K- Lindell, Hanson

Def- Lions and Bengles

I offered LJ Smith and Leftwich for L. Jordan, Troupe and Plummer

Please let me know what you think.  Do you feel it is lopsided one way or another. 

Thank you for your help.

1006462[/snapback]

Great trade for you. don't see why the other guy would make it. but great trade for you.

You downgrade at QB and you downgrade at TE to get a 3rd starting RB. Yet you can only start 2. :D

It's not lopsided, it's a fair trade, but it doesn't help you very much.

I mean, since Plummer sucks complete ass imo, you'll start Green, so you're giving up your current starting QB, starting TE, for a 5th RB.

You guys are crazy.  :D

1006470[/snapback]

While that may be true, Lamont Jordan is now likely Shockers' #1 RB. And he got him for the cost of a (potentially) one-week wonder TE and his back up QB.

Glad to see I'm not on your ignore list anymore, though. I cried myself to sleep last night over that. :D

While that may be true, Lamont Jordan is now likely Shockers' #1 RB.  And he got him for the cost of a (potentially) one-week wonder TE and his back up QB. 

Glad to see I'm not on your ignore list anymore, though.  I cried myself to sleep last night over that.  :D

1006480[/snapback]

You know I was kidding about the ignore list, right? :D

I'm still not seeing the light on Jordan. He will surpass Green or KJ as a starting RB, and he stills has upside RB Brown on hos bench.

given the way kj has started, lamar becomes an immediate starter.  he's the impact player in the deal and you should get him if you can.  i also think troupe will be a helluva tight end this year and wouldn't mind stashing him away on my roster.

tony

1006494[/snapback]

Not busting your chops, but I had to go re-read the original thread when you said "Lamar". I didn't put 2 and 2 together. I was looking for Lamar Gordon in the trade. :D

I agree with Hugh. Don't underestimate the value of a quality TE in a TE manditory league. It gives you a tremendous advantage over most of the other teams in your league. Last week's game wasn't a fluke. McNabb will give LJ Smith plenty of looks this season.

Also, while Jordan has outpeformed the rest of your backs so far, I still don't consider him to be head and shoulders above them.

Edited by tomfin2000

IMO he would be upgrading at QB and RB. I mean I know Plummer is no stud but I would rather have him than Leftwich.

Smith will be a adequate TE all year long, but, he WILL NOT consistantly put up numbers like last week all year long. as a matter of fact I would bet that is his best game of the year.

I make would make this deal and be very very happy about it.

In my league there is a stipulation where teams can object to a trade and if it is valid enough the trade could be nullified. Do you think it is so one sided where this trade might not happen. There are always winners and losers to every trade. However is it obviously weighted one or the other?

LJ is not a one week wonder - he may not produce at Gonzo's level but he is a great TE and Mcnabb is gaining more and more confidence.

1006626[/snapback]

I don't think Smith is a 1 week wonder.as far as TE's go he will be a adequate starter. I just think his stats will be closer to Putziers than Gonzo or Gates.