[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT owners, or anyone else I suppose

BS Miscreant

From priority news:

Ladainian Tomlinson - RB, San Diego Chargers 09/20/05

John Clayton of ESPN.com theorizes that L.T. has not been a factor in the Charger passing game because opponents have played primarily man-to-man, thus forcing Tomlinson to remain in the backfield and pick up blitzes.

Huddle Up: Sounds like a good theory, and a worrisome one for L.T. owners. A large part of what makes Tomlinson a superstar is his ability to do damage after catching passes.

I swear on my mother's eyes that this either wasn't there when I posted or I just didn't see it. Kinda makes me feel like I have some idea what I'm doing. :D

Eh, I'm comfortable with him getting 300 touches at probably 4.5 per and double digit tds. :D

As Doc Holliday says, they'll probably get him involved; if not, let me join one of your leagues and you can trade him to me. :D

Eh, I'm comfortable with him getting 300 touches at probably 4.5 per and double digit tds. :D

As Doc Holliday says, they'll probably get him involved; if not, let me join one of your leagues and you can trade him to me. :D

1006782[/snapback]

Same here. One league I'm in only rewards points after 100 yards so the more touches he gets the better chance he has for breaking 100+ each week.

With Gates being out week 1 and his first game week 2....I'm going to say this stat remedies itself here soon. Gates is too big a threat to continually cover man to man and not get burned badly during the course of a game.

Keenan looks healthy and back....and Parker is picking up steam as well. I bet we see more spreading the field and double coverages, opening up some opportunity for Tomlinson to get more involved in the passing game.

What bothers ME is the poor play of the Bolts offensive line....no holes for LT to run through and no time for Brees to pass effectively to ANYBODY, LT included. Now the Giants defense comes to town, and they looked VERY GOOD against the Saints on Monday night. I don't have a good feeling about the Charger offense this week unless the O-line can figure out how to plug the leaks! :D

I had LT last year, don't have him this year.

But playing basically a half of game was starting to get fustrating. I know it was a lingering hammy thing, and he was putting up full game numbers for the most part. But it still cost me a game or two last year.

This guy could be putting up P. Holmes numbers from a couple years ago if he was used right, that is the fustrating part.

Edited by charty

What bothers ME is the poor play of the Bolts offensive line....no holes for LT to run through and no time for Brees to pass effectively to ANYBODY, LT included. Now the Giants defense comes to town, and they looked VERY GOOD against the Saints on Monday night. I don't have a good feeling about the Charger offense this week unless the O-line can figure out how to plug the leaks!    :D

1007204[/snapback]

Believe it or not, Denver's D is better than the Giants D. Especially with the pass.

Does LT's lack of catches bother an LT owner like me? F in A yes it does. Freakin pisses me off. He should be at least looked at. I checked the stats from last week and he had 1 pass to him. What is that??!!!! I've got alot of money tied up in him in an auction league and I desperately need him to explode.

Edited by NAUgrad

for what it's worth, the local station here is san diego reported that historically, LT has had 39% of the total touches in the offense. this season, he's at 37%. marty's response to LT not getting any catches was something to the effect of, "he's going to get his catches. we just have to go with the best matchup at the time ..." or some bullshucks like that. i have to tell you, marty looks lost this season. during the 'coach's corner' crap of whatever they call it, he just seems to be bumbling vs. having any solid idea about what he wants to do.

sunday should be very interesting as they take the national stage ...

tony