[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Hoops

KevinL

Id be up for the league . Would prefer a bigger roster with IR as well. Been in one that - like Sarge said  you get screwed if you are not a night owl.

1025395[/snapback]

I'm opposed to being in a league with someone that agrees with Sarge. :D:D

No, really this cat is cool! In our BOTH league he's 0-3, anyone with that kind of drafting skill is fine with me :D

I think we have a compromise, 15 man rosters, 3 IR spots, and 40 pick-ups per season.

1) KevinL (R & TO) (40 moves)

2) Darin3 (OR & DR) (unlimited)

3) Sgt Ryan (OR & DR) (40 moves)

4) chiefjay (R & TO) (unlimited)

5) theohiostate (R & TO) (unlimited)

6) Jumpin Johnies

7) Cincy Slammers

8) Doc Holliday

9)

10)

11)

12)

? Seminoles

? Big Country

JJ, Cincy, Doc ... do you care if we use Rebounds & TO, or Offensive Reb & Defensive Reb?

I think we have a compromise, 15 man rosters, 3 IR spots, and 40 pick-ups per season.

6) Jumpin Johnies

7) Cincy Slammers

8) Doc Holliday

9)

10)

11)

12)

? Seminoles

? Big Country

JJ, Cincy, Doc ... do you care if we use Rebounds & TO, or Offensive Reb & Defensive Reb?

1027322[/snapback]

Wait, Sarge and TheeOhioState in the same league? I thought I'd never see the day.

6) Jumpin Johnies

7) Cincy Slammers

8) Doc Holliday

9)

10)

11)

12)

? Seminoles

? Big Country

1027322[/snapback]

Uh, no. The compromise, at least in my mind, was having the larger roster with UNLIMITED moves. If we're sticking to the 40-move max, then it should be the roster we proposed early on.

Darin, Kevin had it right. unlimited roster moves only helps those who are teh night owl variety. If you make bigger rosters and more IR, there is less need for roster moves as its more fair to all parties. Besides strategy should have some play in this league. allowing FCFS to the waiver wire to fill up your roster for the next day, isnt strategy, its the early bird gets the worm. hardly what this type of league needs.

6) Jumpin Johnies

7) Cincy Slammers

8) Doc Holliday

9)

10)

11)

12)

? Seminoles

? Big Country

1027322[/snapback]

no preference

Uh, no.  The compromise, at least in my mind, was having the larger roster with UNLIMITED moves.  If we're sticking to the 40-move max, then it should be the roster we proposed early on.

1027611[/snapback]

Depending if we have 1 or 2 rebound categories, 6 or 7 of the 9 categories are cumulative. Assuming each team has about 6 solid players and 6 marginal players ... and realizing that NBA teams average 3 games / week, there is a serious advantage to rotating the marginal players in and out of your starting spots. You get more games played, more minutes, and more stats.

If we allow unlimited moves, the teams that do the best job of filling their 8 daily starting spots will win most of the cumulative categories, thus winning most of the categories.

The expanded rosters (15) and IR (3) was intended to give every team a deeper bench of marginal players to rotate in and out of the starting spots.

Darin, Kevin had it right.  unlimited roster moves only helps those who are teh night owl variety.  If you make bigger rosters and more IR, there is less need for roster moves as its more fair to all parties.  Besides strategy should have some play in this league.  allowing FCFS to the waiver wire to fill up your roster for the next day, isnt strategy, its the early bird gets the worm.  hardly what this type of league needs.

1027693[/snapback]

Depending if we have 1 or 2 rebound categories, 6 or 7 of the 9 categories are cumulative.  Assuming each team has about 6 solid players and 6 marginal players ... and realizing that NBA teams average 3 games / week, there is a serious advantage to rotating the marginal players in and out of your starting spots.  You get more games played, more minutes, and more stats.

If we allow unlimited moves, the teams that do the best job of filling their 8 daily starting spots will win most of the cumulative categories, thus winning most of the categories.

The expanded rosters (15) and IR (3) was intended to give every team a deeper bench of marginal players to rotate in and out of the starting spots.

1027720[/snapback]

OK, I misinterpreted the reasoning behind the larger roster then.

I thought it had been suggested in order to mitigate having unlimited moves. If we were to have unlimited moves, having a larger roster would allow for a larger bench, and thus, less chance of "cherry picking night owls" taking players. See where I'm going with this?

If we're going to have a cap on the number of pick-ups, I think we should have a smaller roster, personally. But I'm fine either way.

If we're going to have a cap on the number of pick-ups, I think we should have a smaller roster, personally.  But I'm fine either way.

1027839[/snapback]

If we limit pick-ups to 40, what should the roster size be (assumign 8 starting spots)? And how many on IR?

Uh, no.  The compromise, at least in my mind, was having the larger roster with UNLIMITED moves.  If we're sticking to the 40-move max, then it should be the roster we proposed early on.

1027611[/snapback]

I am for 40 moves. this adds a little more strategy to it. besides I don't know how many of you have been in a fantasy basketball league before but it is highly unlikely that you make 40 moves in a year.

6) Jumpin Johnies

7) Cincy Slammers

8) Doc Holliday

9)

10)

11)

12)

? Seminoles

? Big Country

1027322[/snapback]

I am OK with any of the stats you guys provide.

In my league we use ..points,rebounds,assists,steals,blocks and turnovers.If you use offensive AND defensive rebounds that will make rebounders much more important than in most leagues. not complaining mind you just throwing that out there. It makes for instance a Ben Wallace type much more appealing.

If we limit pick-ups to 40, what should the roster size be (assumign 8 starting spots)?  And how many on IR?

1028339[/snapback]

Whatever the Yahoo! standard is. Probably 8 starters and 5 bench slots and 2 IR?

I'm fine with turnovers or offensive rebounds.

6) Jumpin Johnies

7) Cincy Slammers

8) Doc Holliday

9)

10)

11)

12)

? Seminoles

? Big Country

1027322[/snapback]

no preference either way.

I'm in if there is still room. Whatever the majority decides is fine with me, however I tend to agree with Sarge on this..... I AM on the West Coast and still don't like the idea of having to scour the waiver wire every night in order to be competitive. I think any fantasy league should emphasize the importance of a good draft AND good WW/trade ability as evenly as possible. The key to making a league fun (so people don't lose interest) is finding the right mix between the two.