[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Defense

thehops

I say New England. SD will score more on NYG than PIT will score on NE. SD has more weapons than PIT, and PIT is used to letting their D win games for them. Parker has been impressive, but he hasn't played against a really good defense yet. And if you think that Parker is better than LT, you are nuts. I'll give you Ward over McCardell, by a little, but Gates is much better than Miller. I look at it like this. The Pats D is the better Defense, and the SD offense is the better offense, so why would you want to start a lesser defense against a better offense?

I think the Pats' and Giants' defenses will have very similar production.  The Pats are a great team playing a great team in Pittsburgh, and the Giants are a solid team playing a solid team in San Diego.

1008468[/snapback]

The Pats are a great team that is great because of their defense playing a great team that is great because of their defense. The Giants are a so-so team playing a solid team that is solid because of their great offense.

I say New England.  SD will score more on NYG than PIT will score on NE.  SD has more weapons than PIT, and PIT is used to letting their D win games for them.  Parker has been impressive, but he hasn't played against a really good defense yet.  And if you think that Parker is better than LT, you are nuts.  I'll give you Ward over McCardell, by a little, but Gates is much better than Miller.  I look at it like this.  The Pats D is the better Defense, and the SD offense is the better offense, so why would you want to start a lesser defense against a better offense?

1008448[/snapback]

I hear your points, but I am concerned about the solid play of PIT versus the poor play of SD. I am also worried about injuries to the NE Defense. PIT seems to take care of the ball a little more than SD, but on the other hand, I like NE to rebound a bit. To answer your quesiton... I would start a lesser D if the opponent was significantly lesser as well. In this decision, it almost has more to do with the struggling SD offense than it does about the skills of the G-Men D.

Your thoughts?

HOPS

The Pats are a great team that is great because of their defense playing a great team that is great because of their defense.  The Giants are a so-so team playing a solid team that is solid because of their great offense.

1008483[/snapback]

So you would agree to a coin flip for this week?

HOPS

I see NE playing much better this week, think SD will finally put up some points. I'd go with Pats.

1009297[/snapback]

Did you guys see that the Huddle put NE as a must start tier 1 and the G-Men were not on the list at all... That surprises me.

I guess it is Pats...

HOPS

I like the Pats to bounce back!

Brighton boys

1008419[/snapback]

I think there will be few turnovers in the PIT/NE game so IMO I really do not think the difference between their points should be that great. I don't see many turnovers in the SD/NYG game either although their may be an incentive for SD to blitz the snot out of Eli since he snubbed them last year at the draft.

Too close to call IMO.

:D

Did you guys see that the Huddle put NE as a must start tier 1 and the G-Men were not on the list at all... That surprises me.

1011286[/snapback]

I think they missed the boat on that one. Take away Vrabel's INT return for a TD (which was a horrible play by Delhomme, not a great play by Vrabel) and they have three sacks, one fumble recovery and have given up 20 points two weeks in a row.

I think they will perform much better as the season wears on, but not against a team like the Steelers that plays mistake free football.

This week I'm benching them in favor of the Bengals. (Who were a Top Five fantasy defense last year as well, at least under my league's scoring system.)