[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade offer for Harrison

Steelhead

I've been offered Stephen Davis and my choice of Muhammad, Burress, Keyshawn for Harrison and Bettis. Right now with Green and Arizona boys as my starters it's an upgrade at RB, but a downgrade at WR. We are a 2 keeper league so trading away Harrison leaves me with looking at Davis as one of my keepers. I am 1-2, losing a double header in Week 2. I am thinking of riding this out another week or 2 to see if GB can get the running game going and if Arizona can do anything.

I'd like to try to get Westbrook but he, Green, and Arizona RBs all are on bye Week 6.

My Team

QB - Brooks, Warner

RB - Ahman Green, Arrington, Shipp, Bettis

WR - Harrison, Bruce, Burleson, Taylor, Reggie Williams

TE - Witten, Baker

K - Wilkins

Def - Falcons

His Team

QB Palmer, Brady

RB - LT, Westbrook, Stephen Davis, Ronnie Brown

WR - Wayne, Muhamad, Keyshawn, Burress, Greg Lewis

TE - Cooley

K - Vanderjagt

Def - Bears, Cardinals

Edited by Steelhead

Tough call, but I couldn't do it.

You do need some help at RB, but Marvin Harrison has been a consistent stud top 5 WR for about 6 years running. I couldn't give him up for a RB with so many question marks (mainly his knee and DeShaun Foster) after just 2 good games back. You say you have "the Arizona boys," do you also have Shipp?

You do need some help at RB, but Marvin Harrison has been a consistent stud top 5 WR for about 6 years running.  I couldn't give him up for a RB with so many question marks (mainly his knee and DeShaun Foster) after just 2 good games back.  You say you have "the Arizona boys," do you also have Shipp?

1008804[/snapback]

Yes I also have Shipp. My RBs are Green, Arrington, Shipp, Bettis.

Here's what out on waivers:

Blaylock

Suggs

Tony Fisher

Haynes

Gordon

All crap. There is nothing out there. The problem with my league is no one gives Harrison props. They don't think he's top a top 3-5 WR because he's getting old and has to share with Wayne and Stokely. nevermind he scored 12 TDs last year

Other offers I have are:

Thomas Jones and Rod Smith for Harrison

Curtis Martin and Kennison for Harrison and Bettis

See what I"m working with here :D:D:D

Edited by Steelhead

You do need some help at RB, but Marvin Harrison has been a consistent stud top 5 WR for about 6 years running.  I couldn't give him up for a RB with so many question marks (mainly his knee and DeShaun Foster) after just 2 good games back.  You say you have "the Arizona boys," do you also have Shipp?

1008804[/snapback]

your team looks like you used a cheat sheet from 2 years ago at your draft.

Warner,Bruce, Harrison, Green, are all on decline in value. I say trade while you still can.

your team looks like you used a cheat sheet from 2 years ago at your draft.

Warner,Bruce, Harrison, Green, are all on decline in value. I say trade while you still can.

1009317[/snapback]

Spewing $hit out yer a$$ doesn't work around here. I'll give you Green. But, Davis for Harrison straight up is a terrible offer. The rest of the deal is mineutia.

While Bruce, Harrison and Warner have probably maxed out on the bell curve none of them are done just yet.

We are only two games into the season but even if you just want to look at those two games there is nothing I see that tells me Wayne has or is replacing Harrison. It is not a Faulk-Jackson situation if you ask me.

Warner needs more TDs but he's top 5 in yards and the Cards will probably be throwing quite a bit until they figure out which RB is going to be the man this year. Given Warner had Fitz and Boldin to go along with a scoring defense that would be dead last in the nfl if it weren't for San Fran and the Vikes and I'd say there should be a lot of opportunities for Warner to get his TD #s up.

Holt isn't lighting anything up yet either and with Bruce as yer #2 you really aren't asking himn to do anything more than he's averaged since 2001 anyways (1,113.5 yards and 6 TDs a season).

Now you can argue that the team is old and in a keeper or dynasty he should be looking to trade but trading Harrison for an injured Davis he wouldn't be making his team younger anyways. Davis is questionable for this weekend already supposedly.

Steelhead, you may want to consider trading Harrison as drafting Green was proably a mistake depending on where you got him, but not for Davis.

Good luck.

Edited by Clubfoothead

Thanks Clubfoothead. Great analysis. I drafted Green 4 years ago and he's been one of my keepers since. I picked up Warner as a late round flier and he's performing just as good as Brooks. Granted I'd like to get someone better, but that's what I have to deal with.

Within the next year I need to replace Green, while Harrison I think I can get a couple more out of. I don't think he's slowing down. None of the owners in my league think that though.

I am going back to the owner and telling him to give me Westbrook and Muhammad/Burress for Harrison. Even then I think I should be able to get a better RB than Westbrook. If he doesn't then I'll sit back and see what my team does in Week 3. I might be able to get Portis but that team would be left with Alexander and Martin both on bye Week 8 and he'd be screwed.

I am going back to the owner and telling him to give me Westbrook and Muhammad/Burress for Harrison.

1009468[/snapback]

Westbrook is highly underrated. The Eagles will hook him up with a new contract before he becomes a free agent and then you'll have an excellent keeper.

Personally, I think Westbrook and Muhammad or Burress is a fair trade for Harrison.

Having said that, you just trade one headache (no bona fide RB1) for another (no bona fide WR1), so I don't know how much you accomplish at the end of the day.

I am going back to the owner and telling him to give me Westbrook and Muhammad/Burress for Harrison.

1009468[/snapback]

That seems like a much better deal for you in my opinion. Westbrook doesn't come with nearly the risk that Davis does.

The problem with my league is no one gives Harrison props.  They don't think he's top a top 3-5 WR...nevermind he scored 12 TDs last year.

1009269[/snapback]

Actually he scored 15 TDs last season...make sure to emphasize that in your trade discussions when the other dude says he is slowing down. :D

Having said that, you just trade one headache (no bona fide RB1) for another (no bona fide WR1), so I don't know how much you accomplish at the end of the day.

1009512[/snapback]

May be true, but which problem is more difficult to remedy? Personally, I'd rather be looking for WR upgrades then RB upgrades. It's usually a lot easier to acquire a surprise or breakout WR cheaply or on waivers than it is to find a breakout/surprise RB the same way.

Edited by Skrappy1

If I can get Westbrook, then my starters would be

Green, Westbrook

Bruce, Muhammad or Burress, Burleson (when healthy)

Now the problem there is Green, Westbrook, and Shipp and Arrington are all on bye Week 6. So I would be pretty much guaranteed a loss that week. The only bright spot there is I am playing most likely the worst team in the league that week.