[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Culpepper Projection?

freeder23

I am not really sure. He will definetly get more looks. This offense mainly Duante needs their confidence back. I think Taylor will be the benficiary of alot of balls thrown his way, more of possesion type plays and Williams will get some chances to make plays also - hopefully some big ones. They need to strike fast and hard. If they struggle in the 1st qtr, who knows what will happen. They never regained any type of rythym or momentum after struggling in the beggining.

1009788[/snapback]

Hard to get it going when you have no running game.

I haven't seen anything out of Culpepper this year to suggest that he's going to step up and have one of those 4 TD, 350 yard games he put up last year. Not this week anyway. With the offensive line the way it is...with his top WR out...with a mess of a running game...I don't see him getting any more than 250 yards and two touchdowns. Factor in the potential for multiple turnovers and another complete meltdown, and I say the risk out-weighs the reward.

Unless my best alternative was JP Losman or Kyle Orton, I'd have no problem moving him to the bench. I think there are some other guys who will get you 200 yards and 2 TDs with much, much less risk.

Those projections are actually written during the summer months, before the season starts. Every NFL player is then assigned a number and random number generator is run weekly to determine to which player is paired with which projection. Over the years, it has proven to be as accurate as any other method of forecasting weekly performance.

As far as conflicts between the projections and the start/bench list, always go with the projections. How can someone tell you who to start or bench when he doesn't know who's on your roster? What if he says to bench all your players? Then you'd be out there with just a kicker and a defense and you'd look like a dork.

Funny, when you get improved offensive line play, better play calling, and you actually don't turn the ball over 5 times a game, how much better the QB looks. For everyone that has buried the Vikes and Culpepper based on the first two games (hmm, both teams are undefeated, aren't they?)...eat it.

I noticed Mr. Moss had one of those "well, we're losing, so I don't really give a crap games" and the Raiders are now 0-3. Hard to believe...Randy Moss, "the best receiver in the game" is gone, his team is losing despite having him, and the Vikings looked terrific yesterday without him.

Tough game coming up against the Falcons, but looks like a brighter shade of Purple up here all of a sudden. C-Pep looked terrific yesterday. Bears lose badly, Packers lose again...heck, evidently the Vikes can go to 1-3 and still turn this season around and win the division - behind Culpepper.

For everyone that has buried the Vikes and Culpepper based on the first two games (hmm, both teams are undefeated, aren't they?)...eat it.

1022273[/snapback]

the only way the vikes win the division is they go .500 and no other team can top that. this was not an improved vikes team, it was a terrible saints defense. zero pressure on cpep and the inability to stop the run or deep pass. no one is doubting that cpep has skills, but to puff your chest out after this win is a bit premature. no way that receiver corp keeps it up.

let's come back and check in after atlanta.

tony

this was not an improved vikes team, it was a terrible saints defense. zero pressure on cpep and the inability to stop the run or deep pass.  no one is doubting that cpep has skills, but to puff your chest out after this win is a bit premature.  no way that receiver corp keeps it up.

let's come back and check in after atlanta.

tony

1023061[/snapback]

Wrong - you obviously did not watch the game or even look at the boxscore. Culppeper was sacked 7 times and fter the 1st big drive, I think they averaged 2 yards per carry. Before you start spouting off, you better get you facts straight. Culpepper carried that team yesterday.

Edited by Outshined

Wrong - you obviously did not watch the game or even look at the boxscore. Culppeper was sacked 7 times and fter the 1st big drive, I think they averaged 2 yards per carry. Before you start spouting off, you better get you facts straight. Culpepper carried that team yesterday.

1023123[/snapback]

i did watch the game and many of those sacks were the result of cpep holding the ball too long vs. the saints marching in for the kill. this is a saints D that had recorded only 1 sack before this game. they are not a force.

by "carried the team" if you mean connected on a few long pass plays, then i would agree with you. not sure what else he did beyond that.

tony