[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How to geet a league Trading?

TonyMantana

In one of my leagues no-one trades. For the past two years just me and another guy have traded, and it was with each other.

Its not that there aren't good trade offers being made, people just never pull the trigger. For alot of teams this is only their 2nd year of FF so I know they may feel like they are getting screwed in a deal.

Any suggestions on how to get teams to start trading? (They are already free, I am commisoner and I made that change from last year)

you can't make people do things they don't feel comfortable with. i'm a commish as well and only a few guys make trades in my league and i've had this league running for almost 10 years and some guys have never made a trade and better yet make very few transactions at all. the only answers is to get other owners who like to make deals.

you can't make people do things they don't feel comfortable with.  i'm a commish as well and only a few guys make trades in my league and i've had this league running for almost 10 years and some guys have never made a trade and better yet make very few transactions at all.  the only answers is to get other owners who like to make deals.

1009549[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't think I can make them. But this is my work league and these are all "deal" guys. I'm just trying to think of things to help people feel better about trading.

I've been trying to convince a guy in my league to trade with me, because his RBs are:

CuMart, Marshall Faulk, Bettis, Staley, Pittman.

right, there was one starter on that list before last week, and now his knee is dinged up. the last two weeks he started Faulk.

Granted, I haven't been offering him the best backs in the world, but he won't even talk to me.

He's not a huge sports fan, and in a baseball league I was in with the same guys he pretty much only ever traded with his friend from California, so I think he's just afraid of trading in general (which a lot of people are)

(the really odd thing is he dominated the league last year with Manning, Javon Walker, and Tiki)

ever year the amount of trades in our league seems to go down, there are still a few guys , myself included, that will just randomly throw a name on the block and see what kind of reaction there is, but for the most part like what was said previously, i think alot of owners are worried about trading studs and having it come back and kick them in the a$$, and also due to maybe previous bad moves , are wondering if they are getting taken by the other owner.

Edited by The Darkside