[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A n00b question

cre8tiff

here's to you, mister vanderjagt-in-the-8th-round-picker...

real men of geeeenius.....

1011207[/snapback]

:D

You say a 4th wide receiver or another running back to cover your bye weeks is vastly over-rated, mister vanderjagt-in-the-8th-round-picker.

[sing]Didn't want no Muhsin[/sing]

Having a decent back-up quarterback is for pansies, mister vanderjagt-in-the-8th-round-picker.

[sing]Kyle Orton won't suck that bad[/sing]

So when you win 139.8 to 129.9, you'll revel in the fact that you picked some balding, 5 foot 4 inch guy with a last name you can barely pronounce early, mister vanderjagt-in-the-8th-round-picker.

Edited by TimC

Simply stated, it takes a ton of time and effort to evaluate kickers and defenses. Even then, those positions are the least precise to evaluate. Kickers are just too dependant on what the offense around them does. All you can do is know who is accurate, who has good range, and who is getting opportunities. You can do some more research on opposing defenses and how often they allow kicking opportunities, but add it all up and you're still just making little more than a educated guess.

Defenses are far more capable of being researched. But there are just so many forces in play, for both the defense you're looking at *and* a new opposing offense each week, that most folks find its more trouble than its worth. Also, not every league's scoring is structured such that DEFs are substantial contributors. I'm sure than affects some people's willingness to spend much time on them. And that's doubly true for kickers, though that doesn't stop me for researching them.

here's the deal queer licker my original name BUMBO SWAMP has been banned by David M Dorey and Whitney M Walters and is that stupid quote by Leroy Hoard supposed to be inspirational or something I think it sucks

1011593[/snapback]

so if homo swamp was banned, what are you doing back?

here's the deal queer licker my original name BUMBO SWAMP has been banned by David M Dorey and Whitney M Walters and is that stupid quote by Leroy Hoard supposed to be inspirational or something I think it sucks

1011593[/snapback]

Based off of this brilliant post I'd say blah blah blah will be banned shortly as well. Maybe you can trick them and register as blah blah blah blah next time.

Getting this discussion back on track, I was just wondering how many of you guys play in leagues where kickers -lose- points for missing FGs and extra points? The shorter the FG missed, the more points deducted, so on and so forth. I have that in one of my leagues, and I must say it's forced me to give slightly more thought to my kicker selection.

Getting this discussion back on track, I was just wondering how many of you guys play in leagues where kickers -lose- points for missing FGs and extra points? The shorter the FG missed, the more points deducted, so on and so forth. I have that in one of my leagues, and I must say it's forced me to give slightly more thought to my kicker selection.

1012205[/snapback]

You make a valid point. Generally, there isn't that much emphasis placed on kickers and defenses because in the grand scheme of fantasy football scoring was set up for QBs, RBs, & WRs. IMO

:D

You say a 4th wide receiver or another running back to cover your bye weeks is vastly over-rated, mister vanderjagt-in-the-8th-round-picker.

[sing]Didn't want no Muhsin[/sing]

Having a decent back-up quarterback is for pansies, mister vanderjagt-in-the-8th-round-picker.

[sing]Kyle Orton won't suck that bad[/sing]

So when you win 139.8 to 129.9, you'll revel in the fact that you picked some balding, 5 foot 4 inch guy with a last name you can barely pronounce early, mister vanderjagt-in-the-8th-round-picker.

1011297[/snapback]

:D my sides hurt