[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A good problem to have but

BS Miscreant

I need to start 2 out of Deuce, Julius and Caddy. DMD's projections have them with nearly identical stats and I expect each to have good games because they're all good and they have good match-ups. Any thoughts?

All 3 have nice matchups ... JJ is a given IMO, since I expect DAL to run all day vs. SFO, meaning plenty of yards & TD chances for JJ.

Deuce will have his opportunities vs. MIN, but so will Horn. I like Deuce's TD chances, not so sure about his rushing yards ... should do ok in the passing game however.

Caddy has been the focal point of the TBB attack so far, and the main reason why their time of possession has been so strong the past 2 games ... best in the NFC I think. Even with the ankle bizness, I don't see Caddy getting many less carries this week than the 25.5/game he's averaged thus far ... as long as Alstott does not vulture > 1 TD at the goal line, expect another fine FF game from Williams.

Edited by ts

I'm facing the same decision.

I look at Julius Jones as the given. The Cowboys will be able to pass on the 49'ers, but Parcells will also run the football a lot. If the Cowboys get up in the second half, Jones could have a huge game.

Based on performance to date, Cadillac should be the second choice. The Packers can be run on, it just hasn't been exposed quite as much because they are even more vulnerable to the pass. My concern here is that the foot might limit Caddy and if Tampa gets up by a bit in the second half that Gruden might use Pittman to shorten the game and rest Caddy.

Deuce hasn't had a great week yet, but he was on the road vs. Carolina (strong defense, more so against the run in week 1) and vs. NYG, who are shaping up as a plus defense. Minnesota has given no indication they are a plus defense.

All three backs are good, are up against suspect defenses, and might be in a position to get lots of carries as their teams might try to control the clock in the fourth quarter. I downgrade Caddy slightly due to the foot injury, more from the possibility that Pittman would get the call late in the contest than because I am too concerned about his performance.

Like I said, not an easy call. Thanks for the input so far. For what it's worth, I'm leaning toward Julius and Caddy because I'm a fan but I can't shake the feeling that Deuce could have a monster day against the Vikes.