[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fred Taylor

T-Man

I knew he had 98 yards and a TD, but I had no idea it took him 37 carries to get there.  That's a pathetic YPC average.

1021149[/snapback]

But considering how little work he got in camp and the pre-season I think he's just now working his way into playing shape.

I watched the game, and it is obvious to me that Fred is not right. He runs great between the tackles, but the minute he goes outside, the burst is not there. Pearman came in on a couple of plays and it looked like someone running with the turbo button pushed down.

I have Fred on one of my FF teams (and I am a Jags homer) so I really want him to be right, trust me. That explosion is just not there. Maybe he will get better as time goes on, but he looks slow off the corner.

I have Fred on one of my FF teams (and I am a Jags homer) so I really want him to be right, trust me. That explosion is just not there. Maybe he will get better as time goes on, but he looks slow off the corner.

1021372[/snapback]

I was listening to the post game show on 96.9 and they were saying pretty much the same thing. Hopefully T-Man is right and he's just working his way back into shape.

I saw the game too, and he did look a step slow, but there are also a couple of things to keep in mind...

1. The Jets Run D isn't bad (despite what KC did to them week 1)

2. Taylor didn't get much work in the preseason coming off his knee surgery, and I think the Jags really wore him down with that kind of workload yesterday. Check out his rushing stats and YPC by quarter yesterday:

1st qtr = 10/33 (3.3 YPC)

2nd qtr = 7/25 (3.6 YPC)

3rd qtr = 10/28 (2.8 YPC)

4th qtr = 7/16 (2.3 YPC)

OT = 3/-4 (-1.33 YPC)

If he can stay healthy, I'd expect him to get better as he gets more into game shape.