[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USC VS.?

slickvick

Who will USC face in the title game?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will USC face in the title game?

• Texas
    • Virginia Tech
    • Florida
    • Florida State
    • Georgia
    • Ohio State
    • Miami FL.
    • Tennessee
    • Michigan State
    • Minnesota
    • Alabama
    • Arizona St.
    • Notre Dame
    • Other

I think we have all written in USC as the consensus to reach the national title game this year.My question is who will they face in that game?I vote Virginia Tech

1024981[/snapback]

Texas, VaTech and MichState all look strong to me so far, so its hard to pick one yet. I picked MichState because if they get thru the Big10 schedule unscathed I feel they will deserve it more than TX due to the lousy SOS in the Big12 this year.

And USC still needs to get past ASU, Cal and ND all on the road - and a much improved UCLA team to end the schedule. Not that easy. The Ducks proved a fired up team at home can stick with them for 30 minutes, so let's see if any of these others can do it for 60....

I voted for the Bucks of course, but if a team were to go undefeated in the SEC, like Florida or Georgia, they'd get my vote.

An undeated Florida or Georgia would appeal to me better than Texas due to SOS.

1025676[/snapback]

in spite of the fact that Texas beat the team you voted for? Good, sound logic if I ever heard it.

in spite of the fact that Texas beat the team you voted for?  Good, sound logic if I ever heard it.

1026407[/snapback]

What does this have to do with anything? This is a long season, are you suggesting that a team with 1 loss can't play in the National Title game :D

I chose OSU, because i feel if they run the table in the Big 10, SOS will boost them ahead of any other 1 loss team, and i'd bet my life the Texas does the 2 step in the Big 12 and loses at least once.

How's that logic for ya' :D

What does this have to do with anything? This is a long season, are you suggesting that a team with 1 loss can't play in the National Title game  :D

I chose OSU, because i feel if they run the table in the Big 10, SOS will boost them ahead of any other 1 loss team, and i'd bet my life the Texas does the 2 step in the Big 12 and loses at least once.

How's that logic for ya'  :D

1026865[/snapback]

Even if Texas slips, they will still be ranked ahead of OSU. In fact OSU has a much greater chance of getting girlie slapepd again, than Texas does once, and it has nothing to do with SOS. Let me guess Michigan and Iowa are going to helps OSUs SOS, get real. Purdue in the end may have 3 loses as well. Id put Texas Tech vs any team in the Big 10 outside of maybe Mich St.

I think we have all written in USC as the consensus to reach the national title game this year.My question is who will they face in that game?I vote Virginia Tech

1024981[/snapback]

The amassing thing to me is that they still have to put up 22 mores wins just to tie OU’s 47 straight wins. Certainly it is a different era, I doubt anyone will every be able to string 47 together.

The amassing thing to me is that they still have to put up 22 mores wins just to tie OU’s 47 straight wins.  Certainly it is a different era, I doubt anyone will every be able to string 47 together.

1033319[/snapback]

It's really a sad state of affairs in Norman when you have to reach that far back. You are correct though it is a different era. The Sooners are not allowed to carry as many scholarships as they can hand out.

It's really a sad state of affairs in Norman when you have to reach that far back.  You are correct though it is a different era.  The Sooners are not allowed to carry as many scholarships as they can hand out.

1033668[/snapback]

Trust me I am no Okie, I have been to the UT/OU game 24 of the past 26 years. I have been pissed on, spit on, hit and cussed at (and that is just by the Okie women). No, not a Okie fan here.

1024981[/snapback]

Notre Dame? :doah: Please tell me you just ran out of colleges? Notre Dame is the most overrated, overhyped football program over the last 30 years. Everyone talks about how tough their schedule is :D Come on ..... they play 4-5 tough games each year, no conference rivals?

Their defense is soft. Lowly Washington moved the ball up and down the field on them Saturday and if it wasn't for a couple of turnovers and the "normal" poor officiating against ND opponents Washington would have beat them! Please let's not put Notre Dame in the same class as the Top 20 teams in College football. :D

Notre Dame?  :doah:  Please tell me you just ran out of colleges? Notre Dame is the most overrated, overhyped football program over the last 30 years. Everyone talks about how tough their schedule is  :D Come on ..... they play 4-5 tough games each year, no conference rivals?

Their defense is soft. Lowly Washington moved the ball up and down the field on them Saturday and if it wasn't for a couple of turnovers and the "normal" poor officiating against ND opponents Washington would have beat them! Please let's not put Notre Dame in the same class as the Top 20 teams in College football.  :D

1034619[/snapback]

Sorry, had to put ND in here.Not a fan at all but you know how much love they get around the country so it seemed appropriate.

Notre Dame?  :doah:  Please tell me you just ran out of colleges? Notre Dame is the most overrated, overhyped football program over the last 30 years. Everyone talks about how tough their schedule is  :D Come on ..... they play 4-5 tough games each year, no conference rivals?

Their defense is soft. Lowly Washington moved the ball up and down the field on them Saturday and if it wasn't for a couple of turnovers and the "normal" poor officiating against ND opponents Washington would have beat them! Please let's not put Notre Dame in the same class as the Top 20 teams in College football.  :D

1034619[/snapback]

BTW, look for USC to face their toughest opponent this Saturday (besides Cal and UCLA) when they face the Sun Devils in Tempe. I have $100 on ASU to cover the spread!! :D

BTW, look for USC to face their toughest opponent this Saturday (besides Cal and UCLA) when they face the Sun Devils in Tempe. I have $100 on ASU to cover the spread!!  :D

1034632[/snapback]

Well I hope you and USC both win then...

Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to annoint USC in the National Championship game just yet, they are struggling against ASU right now, and it appears a solid D may be able to slow up that high powered offense.

1036289[/snapback]

ASU 21 USC 3 beginning of 3rd.If this stands up I will start a new thread for all to pick which 2 teams will be in the title game.OOH!!!!doesn't Vince Young vs. Marcus Vick in the Rose Bowl souund like a good time?

If Va Tech does go...you do realize they'll play BC/Miami/Virginia/FSU (acc champ) most likely....I really don't think they'll survive that stretch, Texas on the other hand has a cakewalk schedule, if usc loses, it's Texas vs Wide Open......LSU/FLA/FSU sooo many teams

If Va Tech does go...you do realize they'll play BC/Miami/Virginia/FSU (acc champ) most likely....I really don't think they'll survive that stretch, Texas on the other hand has a cakewalk schedule, if usc loses, it's Texas vs Wide Open......LSU/FLA/FSU sooo many teams

1036466[/snapback]

Yeah I realize that Va Tech has a wicked road to the title game but that is why I pick them to be in it.If they can go unbeaten,they should be in the national title game no questions asked.Probably a stretch for them to get there but I will stick with my pick.