[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade involving Willie P.

mhayhurst

Weak on receivers, and no back up qb in my 2 qb starting league. Offer on table:

Willie P for Mush and Gus Freotte

My RB's are DD, Duece, and Caddy (suggs)

can start 2 + a flex

The only qbs on the WW are Orton and now McCown (possibly Testaverde-currently unavailable in my Yahoo league and I may not be able to grab him)

Like I said we start 2 QBs and byes are coming up + Mush has been putting up WR3 caliber #'s. Thoughts???

Parker's value varies a TON from league to league and coach to coach. But Mush is definately not worth it IMO.

In my opinion he's worth a strong #2 WR. (like Branch maybe) But you might face a decrease in stock with the bye this week, and uncertainty in week 5.

Edited by Roo

It's for Mush and Freotte. What about the other Wr's listed. I've shopped Willie around in the league and no one is biting. Eveyone thinks he will lose TD's to Bettis when he returns. I got Willie for nothing on the WW,but don't know if I shoujld just hang on to him or get that much needed 3rd qb. Thoughts? thanks.

It's for Mush and Freotte. What about the other Wr's listed. I've shopped Willie around in the league and no one is biting. Eveyone thinks he will lose TD's to Bettis when he returns. I got Willie for nothing on the WW,but don't know if I shoujld just hang on to him or get that much needed 3rd qb. Thoughts? thanks.

1025512[/snapback]

If you aren't getting good value you for him, don't just fork him over because he was free to you. You are better off using him - even if Bettis eats some goal line carries, he's still potentially studly. He's got breakaway speed.

I have had the same problem in one of my leagues. I cannot work a trade that gives me good value for Parker. I have attempted to work a trade with just about every owner. I have decided since I can't get anything but chumps for him, that I will be holding on to him.

I also have him in a keeper league as well. In that league, I definitely will not give him up. However, I am willing to bet if I tried to trade him in that league, I would be able to get a decent trade for him. Yes, I definitely want him as one of my keepers for sure, so he is not going anywhere.

I think of it like someone trying to trade McGahee last year with Henry still there. Of course people would not give that much for him with only a few games as the starter. Try to trade for McGahee this year and owners won't budge. Next year it will be the same for Parker. It is best to just hold on to him...even in a non-keeper league since you will not get value for him.

S. T.

If you aren't getting good value you for him, don't just fork him over because he was free to you.  You are better off using him - even if Bettis eats some goal line carries, he's still potentially studly.  He's got breakaway speed.

1025568[/snapback]

I know that. I wouldn't just give him away. I'd rather him ride my bench all year than give him away for nothing, just posting the trade here to see the response and it is overwellingly clear this is a poor trade.

What about the other WR's on the list? One of them + Freotte for Parker???

I really appreciate everyones response. Thanks guys.

Edited by mhayhurst

Go for Branch, I think Ward is pushing it a little.

I assume there are no decent QBs on your waivers?

(I am in a 2 QB league too, and the pickins are REAL slim)

McCardell MIGHT be able to keep his numbers up, but he comes with the likelyhood of returning to more of a 5 catch, 60 yard guy. He certainly is benefiting from the focus on Gates and LT though.

Yeah, I was thinking Branch also coupled with Freotte might be enough for Willie P, or not he may blow up, but I just need a 3rd qb and a good WR.

Yeah, we talked about the 2qb last time. Hope you did well, can't see the sig when I'm replying. Our WW is Orton, and now J. McCown and I guess Vinny whenever they update, bnut that is it. That's why I don't mind Frerotte that much being the 3rd qb.

Thanks as always for the replys