[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade advice

bigmike4969

Performance league. My current lineup:

Plummer, Harrington QB

DDavis, Arrington, Suggs, Gore RB

R Moss, Steve Smith, Lelie, S Moss, Stallworth, A Battle WR

Other guy's lineup:

Culpepper, Hasselbeck QB

Portis, Cadillac, Dunn, Staley RB

McCardell, Fitzgerald, Porter, Moulds WR

The trade offer (by him) is Culpepper and Dunn for Randy Moss and Harrington.

Some side notes: The guy sat Culp last week and lost because of it. So he wants a big time WR and though I hate to give up Moss, I feel I have enough at WR and Dunn certainly helps my RBs. Plus Culp is a huge upgrade over plummer and harrington, even though his first two games were crappy.

So do I make this trade?

That looks like an excellent trade for you - it shores up a very weak QB and #2 RB position (considering you don't even have a #2). You had to give up quality, and the only place to do that was at WR. And with you still having Steve Smith its not as painful.

Take it.

Am i the only sober one here today. Why is everyone telling him to trade Randy Moss so cheap. Randy will most likely have 14+ TDs this year. Culpepper will be lucky to finish with 25. Dunn will be lucky to finish with 6.

NEWS FLASH- MOSS IS ELITE, WHY TRADE HIM FOR MEDIOCRE JUNK?

Porters a bust, so why take him in return. And if he does this deal other than Steve Smith his WRs will be horrible. If he does this deal, MARK MY WORDS, his season is OVER !

1026935[/snapback]

No your not.I agree with you. no way I even think about this deal.

You would not be getting the Culpepper of old in this trade. you would be getting a new and much worse Culpepper.

I agree that you could use RB/QB help, but not at that price for what your getting. I would make it known that Steve Smih or Randy Moss are on the block, and see what kind of offers you get. Your bound to get a better offer than that. If not i guess youll have to wing it for now with what you have.

1026957[/snapback]

I have been "winging " it all year in one league I am in.

My RB's in that league are M.Anderson,Stephen Davis,Larry Johnson and Arrington.

I got Harrison, Owens and Gates and will not trade any for a lesser offer of RB's just because I am in need. instead I am winging it for now and am doing well.I have had a few people in my league making me crappy offers. the offers are getting better by the week now that people know I WILL not trade by weakness. this week I will get fair value for 1 of my WR's and I will make a trade.

i guess you guys would be thinking that manning is pretty bad after acouple of bad outings. cpepp is not as bad as you guys are making him out to be. looking at it again he should be able get more from moss though. i do like caddy and hasselbach idea

Edited by canatic

Part of trades is taking a chance. Did you see CPeps numbers last week? Thats not mediocre, and there's potential like that anytime.

I'd much rather have

CPep

DD, Dunn

Smith, Lelie/random WR

than

Plummer

DD, no #2

Moss, Smith

But hey - you can always try to sell Moss for more I guess. Can't hurt to ask.

I agree that you're giving up Moss for too little in return. One good Culp game and his 2nd/3rd RB and that sounds like a good idea???

Twist him for more and if he's unwilling, show Moss around. Im sure there are otheres in your league that once they realize Moss could be gotten, they'll be falling all over themselves with better offers.

I'll throw my 2 cents in. This is not a good trade. CPep had ONE good game at home against a horrible defense. He is not back to elite status. Could he be? possibly, but he has to prove it first before pulling the trigger on that deal. I am and always have been a believer that QBs are a dime a dozen. Moss is a stud, an elite player that is going to produce great numbers throughout the season. He is not worth Cpep and Dunn (who doesn't get goaline carries). If you want to shore up your RBs (and you need to), throw Moss or Smith out there for a top-tier RB.