[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

bailing on Manning?

Todd1

What trades have you seen Peyton go for?

I'm hoping this isn't in the wrong area, I'm not asking if a specific trade is good, I'm just asking what if at all others have seen Manning get traded for this year.

I wonder if people are bailing on him with this new conservative Indy offense. They sure are looking like a Baltimore Super Bowl team to me! :D

I haven't seen any trades of Manning as of yet. If you own him you have invested a lot in getting him so I doubt that you are ready to cut bait. Anyway, I do own him and it sucks that he has done very little for me thus far but no way am I ready to give up on him. I may play someone else but I'm not going to give him away and then watch them go back the Indy of last year.

OK, I'm going to address this 'cause people are going out of control.

Against Baltimore's tough D he did have 2 TD's.

Definitely had an off game agaisnt Jacksonville, including missing a open Reggie Wayne in the end zone on the first drive.

Last week against Cleveland he was 19/23 for 228 yards. He was 12/12 in the second half. Dallas Clark dropped a ball that was tipped, but hit him in the hands, that should have been a TD in the first half. Clark also dropped a pass in the two minute drill right before halftime in the two minute drill that would have put the Colts into Browns territory. Clark has been sucking. Marvin Harrison hurt his wrist in practice and is wearing a cast. Manning said all his play action fakes were worthless. It appears that corners and safeties have been instructed to not peek into the backfield, and to only worry about doubling WR's. The Colts have had to be content with running the ball and running clock. The one time Manning forced a pass deep it was intercepted. NOBODY is blitzing anymore. The one time the Browns did, Manning hit Wayne for a 51 yard gain.

Due to injuries to Dominic Rhodes and James Mungro, Edgerrin has been forced to play as much as he can. With no breaks during drives where he is running/receiving/pass-blocking he is wearing down late in drives. The Colts are riding Edge like crazy right now. Unfortunately, by the time the Colts get inside the 10, he's having to pull himself out. Let's face it, Ran Carthon isn't scaring anybody, and teams are playing pass.

Do you know how many total posessions the Colts had in the second half agaisnt Cleveland?

THREE. The first drive they drove inside the 10. Edge came out and the Colts had to settle for a FG. The next drive they drove 37 yards into Browns territory before having to punt after failing to convert on a third and one. On their final posession they ran out the final 7:40 on the clock to end the game. The knelt on the ball inside the Cleveland 10 as well. What I'm getting at is that they ARE moving the ball. Dropped passes and fatigued RB's means they have left points on the field.

Edited by CaptainHook

Definitely had an off game agaisnt Jacksonville, including missing a open Reggie Wayne in the end zone on the first drive.

Last week against Cleveland he was 19/23 for 228 yards.  He was 12/12 in the second half.  Dallas Clark dropped a ball that was tipped, but hit him in the hands, that should have been a TD in the first half.  Clark also dropped a pass in the two minute drill right before halftime in the  two minute drill that would have put the Colts into Browns territory.  Clark has been sucking.  Marvin Harrison hurt his wrist in practice and is wearing a cast.  Manning said all his play action fakes were worthless.  It appears that corners and safeties have been instructed to not peek into the backfield, and to only worry about doubling WR's.  The Colts have had to be content with running the ball and running clock.  The one time Manning forced a pass deep it was intercepted.  NOBODY is blitzing anymore.  The one time the Browns did, Manning hit Wayne for a  51 yard gain.

Due to injuries to Dominic Rhodes and James Mungro, Edgerrin has been forced to play as much as he can.  With no breaks during drives where he is running/receiving/pass-blocking he is wearing down late in drives.  The Colts are riding Edge like crazy right now.  Unfortunately, by the time the Colts get inside the 10, he's having to pull himself out.  Let's face it, Ran Carthon isn't scaring anybody, and teams are playing pass.

Do you know how many total posessions the Colts had in the second half agaisnt Cleveland?

THREE.  The first drive they drove inside the 10.  Edge came out and the Colts had to settle for a FG.  The next drive they drove 37 yards into Browns territory before having to punt after failing to convert on a third and one.  On their final posession they ran out the final 7:40 on the clock to end the game.  The knelt on the ball inside the Cleveland 10 as well.    What I'm getting at is that they ARE moving the ball.  Dropped passes and fatigued RB's means they have left points on the field.

1029803[/snapback]

This is excellent info. :D

QBs like Manning come along once in a lifetime. Cut Manning and what will you put in - Tim Rattay? :D Have patience, people.

The new conservative Indy offense isn't going to work.It wasnt really the defense's fault last year that they couldnt advance far in the playoffs, last year the colts record breaking offense mananged to only score 3 points in the playoffs last year. It was the Patriots defense's fault!

1029845[/snapback]

Really? Did you know the Colts Defense gave up drives of 14, 15, and 16 plays to the Pats in the play-offs? The Patriots kept the Colts offense off the field last year. Of course, the Colts 3 turnovers did not help, and the offense definitely deserves part of the blame, but their was plenty to go around.

Edited by CaptainHook

The new conservative Indy offense isn't going to work.It wasnt really the defense's fault last year that they couldnt advance far in the playoffs, last year the colts record breaking offense mananged to only score 3 points in the playoffs last year. It was the Patriots defense's fault!

1029845[/snapback]

Actually, it was the Colts' inability to run the ball effectively that cost them the game (the dropped passes and Mungro's fumble didn't help, either). Neither team could pass effectively in that weather. The difference in that game was that NE offense was able to ride Dillon up and down the field during the second half. On the other hand, Edge (14/39, O TDs) was ineffective on the ground.

This is excellent info.  :D

QBs like Manning come along once in a lifetime.  Cut Manning and what will you put in - Tim Rattay?  :D  Have patience, people.

1029855[/snapback]

Agreed on all counts. I have to exercise patience, I spent a first round pick for him.

Never draft a QB in the first or second round....

NEVER

1032817[/snapback]

I did for the 1st time and am off to my worst start 0-3....never again! :D

This is excellent info.  :D

QBs like Manning come along once in a lifetime.  Cut Manning and what will you put in - Tim Rattay?  :D  Have patience, people.

1029855[/snapback]

Exactly what I'm hoping for.....and I also have Rattay.....on my bench.

Last week against Cleveland he was 19/23 for 228 yards.  He was 12/12 in the second half.  Dallas Clark dropped a ball that was tipped, but hit him in the hands, that should have been a TD in the first half.  Clark also dropped a pass in the two minute drill right before halftime in the  two minute drill that would have put the Colts into Browns territory.  Clark has been sucking.  Marvin Harrison hurt his wrist in practice and is wearing a cast.  Manning said all his play action fakes were worthless.  It appears that corners and safeties have been instructed to not peek into the backfield, and to only worry about doubling WR's.  The Colts have had to be content with running the ball and running clock.  The one time Manning forced a pass deep it was intercepted.  NOBODY is blitzing anymore.  The one time the Browns did, Manning hit Wayne for a  51 yard gain.

Due to injuries to Dominic Rhodes and James Mungro, Edgerrin has been forced to play as much as he can.  With no breaks during drives where he is running/receiving/pass-blocking he is wearing down late in drives.  The Colts are riding Edge like crazy right now.  Unfortunately, by the time the Colts get inside the 10, he's having to pull himself out.  Let's face it, Ran Carthon isn't scaring anybody, and teams are playing pass.

THREE.  The first drive they drove inside the 10.  Edge came out and the Colts had to settle for a FG.  The next drive they drove 37 yards into Browns territory before having to punt after failing to convert on a third and one.  On their final posession they ran out the final 7:40 on the clock to end the game.  The knelt on the ball inside the Cleveland 10 as well.    What I'm getting at is that they ARE moving the ball.  Dropped passes and fatigued RB's means they have left points on the field.

1029803[/snapback]

Pulling my hair out, but excellent info.

Thank you, Hook. :D

Trading Peyton Manning is the kind of move that will ruin a fantasy football carreer.  Not to mention have you ridiculed for years to come by the other members of your league.

1033042[/snapback]

I thknk the owner who had Manning last year for trading him to me and single handedly took me to the championship...

however, LT won it for me :D

I ain't tradin Peyton but I'm very seriously considering starting Young Eli in his stead this weekend. As luck would have it I also have Edge so there is some profit for me to be made here. I mean I'm not gonna trade Peyton or do anything that stupid, but Eli kinda looks like free points this week at home this week against the Rams. Peyton's cost me a couple games already and I don't know if I can afford to let him lose me another while he's figuring out how he's gonna get in the end zone.

I can't think of anyone for whom I would trade Peyton Manning.

Maybe LT, but only if I had McNabb as mu back-up QB.

1030275[/snapback]

Even with McNabb's injury? Not that I'm in a trade situation that involves Manning and McNabb. :D

Every fantasy source in the off season had Manning going in the top 4 of mock drafts.Some even were debating if he should be the top pick over LT!!I could see him taken at pick 3 if he could duplicate last seasons numbers,but he may never do that again.Why do you think Marino held the record for 20 years?Those type of seasons are once in a career.I wouldn't give up on him but if you are expecting any 6 TD performances this year,lower your expectations.If the Colts keep winning with a stout defense,and make it to the Super Bowl,I bet Peyton could care less if he throws 10 TD passes.Regardless of the slow start,he is by far the best QB in the game today,but he is no Carson Palmer in fantasy terms :D

YOu're right slick, I picked 4th-5th in most of my drafts and guys were LAUGHING at me as I let Manning fall by.  Ok, so I took Dom Davis a couple of times, so that's warranted, but I'm darn happy with my 3rd-5th rd pick QB...

1035879[/snapback]

Good call.I always believe if you are picking in the top 3 you have to take a stud at RB and let the next few picks gamble with the QB's.When you pick early in a serpentine style draft it is a long time between picks.It just seems to make sense when you have to start 2 RB and only 1 QB.