[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 Quick WDIS questions

Hugh 0ne

Chris Brown vs. Indy or L. Jordan vs. Dallas. I need one of these guys to go along with D. Davis and J. Jones.

then.....

J. Horn vs. Buffalo or Jimmy Smith vs. Denver. I need one of these guys to go along with T. Holt.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance. :D

Chris Brown vs. Indy or L. Jordan vs. Dallas. I need one of these guys to go along with D. Davis and J. Jones.

then.....

J. Horn vs. Buffalo or Jimmy Smith vs. Denver. I need one of these guys to go along with T. Holt.

Any thoughts?

1033230[/snapback]

honestly....I'd bench DD, only because Henry isn't in the mix and I think that the Titans will get a decent ground attack on the Colts...

but under your conditions....I'd go with Jordan regardless if it's a PPR league....Dallas always gets burned by Moss and i'm not to convinced in their ability to stop the run, while the Raiders OL looks pretty good....at least in pass protection...Gallery gave Kearse a rough time....

Brown just might be a victim of a shootout...jordan still gets his touches in shootouts...food for thought...

edit: oops...Joe horn only because it appears the crowd is going to give them a boost....even though Jimmy Smith looks like a decent play with Champ being dinged and possibly out?...but I see Jax struggling more in the passing game this week...

good luck...

Edited by Avernus

You would think with all the adviSe you give, you would get a little better response. :D Come on people, help Hugh out!!

I'll give it a shot.

Nice options at RB this week. I would have to agree with the previous two and sit DD until they prove they can play football. Brown is the unquestioned starter and will get all the carries, so he should be in there. Jordon may have a nice game against Dallas. It should be a close game and he should perform well against a run D that is not that good.

As far as the receivers, flip a coin. I like the matchup with Horn this week. With Bailey out of the lineup, JSmith will post decent numbers, but I give a slight edge to Horn. Good luck.

Edit: had the matchups backwards. Still like Horn.

Edited by Phat Rugby

then.....

Any thoughts?

1033230[/snapback]

I would go with Jordan of the 2 backs you listed. even though he has the tougher matchup they use him in the passing game so much he should be a factor in every game(especially ppr leagues)....not to mention it is rare that Brown plays more than a half.

At WR ..this is actually a tough 1 since Horn is hurting. Jimmy Smith is going to have Champ Bailey on him which makes me want to leave him alone this week too. If you got no other options I go with Horn but I would monitor this situation closer. If I had a lesser WR (like a Loyd,curtiskeys..etc.) I would go with them before either.

then.....

Any thoughts?

1033230[/snapback]

I feel like the broken record with everyone else beating me to the punch, bu I think Jordan is your better option between the two RB. Brown is going to probably end up better in yardage given the Colts willingness to give up a lot of yards and then make goalline stands, but there's a better chance Jordan may see the endzone on some shorter runs setup by Moss going deep. I also think that as much of a shootout as the Raiders/Cowboys game may be, each team is going to want to try and pound the other on the ground in order to open up the air game.

As for WR...eh. I think you're looking at similar numbers either way you go. Assuming Champ is playing, I think think you avoid Smith. Horn's been slow to start, but given his comments about "home field play," there's a chance he may be extra motivated to back it up with a performance in his first "home" game of the year.

Good luck, and thanks for all your help with my questions.

Niether option is too appealing but I would go with Jordan over Brown. They both have tough mathups but even if Jordan isn't able to run, he'll be used heavily in the passing game. I wouldn't sit DD as some suggested. He had a decent game against the Steelers two weeks ago and I'll think he'll outperform your other options.

I'd go with Smith over Horn. The Bills have been giving up tons of yardage on the ground. I think the Saints will be playing with the lead in this game and pounding the ball with Duece. That and I think I read Horn has a sore hammy. Just the opposite is true in the Jax Denver game. Denver's been solid against the run and with Bailey out I think Smith will post good numbers.

think I read Horn has a sore hammy.  Just the opposite is true in the Jax Denver game.  Denver's been solid against the run and with Bailey out I think Smith will post good numbers.

1033466[/snapback]

But is Champo really going to be out? Have you seen something, because the track record suggests that he'll be playing short of his entire leg falling off.

Hey Hugh-

I wasn't going to respond since it looks like you're well covered already here, but then I read this over on ESPN.com. Seems to apply to you. It's from Eric Karabell, whose wisdom has bailed me out on many an occassion. Along with Walters and Dorey and yourself of course, he's one of the few guys out there whose opinion I respect.

"Tiki Barber, however, bounces back to destroy the Rams, while Steven Jackson should run better as well. Unless the Rams are down early, in which case Mike Martz will totally abandon the run. Shocker. Stick with Rudi Johnson and Fred Taylor -- yep, I just recommended Fred Taylor. Yikes -- and I would go with Domanick Davis, even against unbeaten Cincy. Willis McGahee? Always. Kevan Barlow? Never. Chris Brown and LaMont Jordan? Sure, why not. "

Hey Hugh,

Tough options

I'd go with Jordan. Indy has a pretty good D and even with Brown getting the full load I think/hope this is the week that Indy explodes and Tenn will be playing catchup. I can't see benching DD just yet, maybe after another bad week.

I like J. Smith, I wouldn't be surprised if Horn does well in their 1st home game but his hammy issues bother me and Jax/Den could be a shoot out.

Good Luck!

then.....

Any thoughts?

1033230[/snapback]

Chris Brown. I think he'll be ready to be the "#1 and only" for a few weeks. Might as well play him while you can. (1) he's not hurt and (2) Henry's out...not sure how many more weeks we are going to be able to say that. I need a few more weeks of games before I put the Colts on my 'defenses to avoid' list.

Start Horn, no doubt, over Smith. I like the Saints in their 1st "home" game vs. Banged Up Buffalo.

Good luck.

Edited by NavinRJohnson

I would have to say go with Brown and Jordan and sit D Davis as well, but you know how that works he will prob go off if you do it. I would have to say go with J Smith against Denver since Champ is a little dinged up. But then again Lefty is kind of dinged up as well. I still think Smith will fair better.

I would leave DD in, he is bound to come around, although this weekend Houston will get killed and be forced to pass alot to even have a shot at Cinn.

Houstons best bet would be go to a ground game to keep the Cinn offense off the field. But the moment Cinn gets ahead, all bets are off. I would still play DD!

I am not cnvinced on Brown, he hasn't dont enough this year to impress me. Tenn will be subject to Indy finally getting their offense clicking. The only serious threat from Tenn is their run game and I feel the Colts will shut it down with their improved defense.

With that said, the news regarding Jordan and holding him out of practice, i take with a grain of salt, he'll play. I think Jordan will be huge this weekend. I like Jordan and the addition Moss favors Jordan a ton. Jordan is open alot for short passes just like C. Anderson; however, with the long ball threat, the defensive patterns seem open to the run.

DD and Jordan

I like Horn as a receiver, don't care much for his QB. Home crowd or not, Brooks is not a sure thing, where I feel comfortable saying Lefty will easily throw 2 TD's or more.

I like J. Smith and the Denver D is not the greatest against the pass especially if Bailey is still out.

Good Luck

then.....

Any thoughts?

1033230[/snapback]

Hugh, I hope I can help... I am certainly glad to return the favor.

I would definitely go with Jimmy Smith at Denver.. Denver is down a corner. Buffalo had a poor showing of stopping the run last week and the Saints will try to pound the ball.

I would also have to start L Jordan... Dallas will be scared of Moss all day and the biggest benificiary of that fear will be Jordan. The Raiders will get him involved in the flats and on some draws. He is a lock for a TD this weekend.

Thats my 2 cents.

First, with Horn's health not perfect, I'd go with Jimmy Smith.

At running back, I'd be sorely tempted to bench DD because I expect the Bengals to jump out early forcing the Texans to go pass heavy. That's not awful for DD, since he receives too, but the matchup in unattractive. The only reason I'd keep him in the lineup is that they have a new OC and two weeks of prep and this is a chance to see what the Texans can do now.

Brown has a better chance of a big game than Lamont Jordan, I think. Both are good options this week, but a healthy Brown as the undisputed feature back is a guy I would always start. Even against Indy.