[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade: T. Green for E. Manning

I've got a guy interested in giving me Eli Manning for Trent Green. Green was a stud last year, but seems to have been gelded with the emergence of the KC running game. I’ve never bought into the idea that the Manning family name bequeathed Eli talent, but he seems to be producing this year with a decent offense around him.

Leaning towards pulling the trigger, but always looking for some additional thoughts.

Eli will produce this year for sure but NY has a solid offense built around running Tiki in the same way the Chiefs center around running Priest. If it's me I keep Trent simply because the KC defense will allow more points than the Giants D, forcing Trent to throw it up more, giving him more fantasy value than Eli. Probably. All in all, the difference may not be that great by the end of the season. But I like Trent Green.

As an aside, you might not want to use words like "gelding" and "bequeathed" in this forum. I think your prose is probably over the head of most readers. :D

As an aside, you might not want to use words like "gelding" and "bequeathed" in this forum.  I think your prose is probably over the head of most readers.  :D

1033624[/snapback]

That thought had occured to me, but I figured perhaps this was the better way to avoid the annoying posts so many people have been complaining about. Not being rude, but chances are that if you can't understand my post, you really don't need to worry about responding to it anyway.

Edited by craiginthecapital

That thought had occured to me, but I figured perhaps this was the better way to avoid the annoying posts so many people have been complaining about.  Not being rude, but chances are that if you can't understand my post, you really don't need to worry about responding to it anyway.

1033660[/snapback]

I never learned to read, but stay with Green.

Yep, stick with Green for now. I mean - Peyton Manning hasn't done much, Culpeper flat out sucked until last week, and so on. These aren't guys to dump because of a bad game or two, to pick someone up that's had a good game or two. This might be worth looking at midway through the season, but not yet. If Eli was available on waiver then he might be a good pickup, but not to trade for, not at this point. Keep Green, i think after a few more games you'll be very glad you did.

Much like what I'm doing with Kevin Jones (DET RB) right now... It's too early to be scared.