[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

give up 2006 1st rd pick for McAllister?

Steelhead

The team that owns McAllister is 0-4 (double header week 2) and he's offering me McAllister for my 1st rd pick next year and Marcel Shipp. I don't like giving up a 1st rd pick, but then I would have keepers next year of McAllister and Harrison instead of Green and Harrison. Is that too high a price to pay?

My Team

QB - Brooks, Warner

RB - Ahman Green, Arrington, Shipp, Bennett

WR - Harrison, Bruce, Burleson, Taylor, Reggie Williams

TE - Witten, Baker

K - Wilkins

Def - Falcons

His Team

QB Collins, Delhomme

RB - McAllister, J Jones, Perry

WR - Steve Smith, Moulds, Horn, Engram, Reggie Brown

TE - Conwell

K - Janikowski

Def - Ravens

2003 - 11th pick - James Stewart

2004 - 5th pick - Stephen Davis

2005 - 11th pick - Nate Burleson

It's a disturbing trend...they keep on getting hurt. Now I expect Burleson to come back but I've not had recent luck with my 1st round picks. THe only thing I don't like about it is I will be short 1 player since we can keep only 2.

2003 - 11th pick - James Stewart

2004 - 5th pick - Stephen Davis

2005 - 11th pick - Nate Burleson

It's a disturbing trend...they keep on getting hurt.  Now I expect Burleson to come back but I've not had recent luck with my 1st round picks.  THe only thing I don't like about it is I will be short 1 player since we can keep only 2.

1036871[/snapback]

Most of those guys were third or fourth round picks in redraft leagues during the years in question. If those are the kind of guys you're getting with your first round pick, then I would definitely trade for Deuce.

Most of those guys were third or fourth round picks in redraft leagues during the years in question.  If those are the kind of guys you're getting with your first round pick, then I would definitely trade for Deuce.

1036884[/snapback]

That makes sense, since we have 2 keepers, our 1st rd is a redraft league's 3rd round. Here's the players taken in our 1st round this year. There were some eye openers, as well as the players kept as keepers.

the guy with the #2 pick traded his 1st rd away for TO, his keepers were AJ, Fitzgerald, and Roy Williams (rookie keeper)

1. Jamal Lewis - keepers Favre, Suggs (seriously!)

2. Torry Holt - keepers Culpepper, TO (traded to move up to #2 to draft Holt)

3. Chad Johnson - keepers McGahee, Kevin Jones

4. Rudi Johnson - keepers Moss, Manning

5. Javon Walker - keepers Dillon, Leftwich

6. Gonzo - keepers Edge, D Davis, S Jackson (rookie keeper)

7. Tiki Barber

8. Lamont Jordan - keepers Holmes, McNabb

9. Westbrook - keepers LT, Wayne

10. Martin - keepers Alexander, Portis

11. Burleson - keepers Ahman Green, Harrison

12. Collins - keepers McAllister, Horn, Julius Jones (rookie keeper)

Presumably a lot of guys are off the board since it's a keeper league, that's why you got Burleson in the first round last year, right? I don't know, I'd try to get a guy with more upside than McCallister in a keeper league. Like Cadillac or McGahee or even Jones. But that's just me. He probably want to keep Smith and Jones or something which is why he's trading.

Is your draft order determined randomly or by previous year's standings?

Where are you in the standings now and where do you see this trade taking you if it goes through?

Frankly, his team is stronger than yours. Just to be the devil's advocate here, but perhaps you should be the one playing for next year?

I'm 1-3, he's 0-4. Our order is determined by previous year's standings. He traded Fredy Taylor away for a 2nd rd pick so I think he's getting ready to toss his season. I agree his team is stronger, but I beat him in week 1 lol. I have tried to trade Green or Harrison away to get youthful keepers but their value is too low right now, and most owners want way too much for their players.

Yeah why would you give Willis away he is the only O Buffalo has.

1037427[/snapback]

He's got Trent Green, Chad Johnson, Mason, Kevin Jones, McGahee, and Moore so he's got a few studs. I figure why not take a shot at Willis.

Deuece is a normally a 1st round pick and should be next year barring injuries.  I would drop Harrison and more than likely you'll have close to the 1st pick anyway of the 2nd round since most owners would retain 2 players.  Do it

1045216[/snapback]

We don't lose draft picks for our keepers, so everyone has a 1st and 2nd rd pick. If I did this I would have McAllister and Green/Harrison as my keepers, and would not pick until late 2nd round guesing that my team stinks now and I will end up with a high draft pick.

I would definately do this. it may save your season and gives you a excellent option for next year.

1045236[/snapback]

The owner doesn't want to do this trade right now...he wants to wait a couple weeks to see how his team does. Here are my current options to save my team from total destruction:

1. Trade 2006 1st rd pick for McAllister - cannot happen for a couple weeks and the owner just might decide to keep him after all.

2. Trade Harrison/Witten for Stephen Davis/Plaxico Burress - I tried to get Westbrook/KJ out of him but he won't budge. Stats wise this wouldn't be a bad trade, but I just not sure that Davis will last the whole season. I should be able to get more for Harrison and Witten than this.

3. Trade Shipp/Colbert for Mike Anderson in Week 6. - This gives me a RB stable of Green, Anderson, Pittman, Arrington. My WRs are Harrison, Curtis, Burleson (hurt), Bruce (hurt) and whoever I pick up on waivers that's healthy. I upgrade at RB and still keep Harrison on my team.

Not sure what my best option is, but I think #3 may be the way to go. I just don't know about Davis. Do you think he is really back?

Edited by Steelhead

The owner doesn't want to do this trade right now...he wants to wait a couple weeks to see how his team does.  Here are my current options to save my team from total destruction:

1. Trade 2006 1st rd pick for McAllister  - cannot happen for a couple weeks and the owner just might decide to keep him after all.

2. Trade Harrison/Witten for Stephen Davis/Plaxico Burress - I tried to get Westbrook/KJ out of him but he won't budge.  Stats wise this wouldn't be a bad trade, but I just not sure that Davis will last the whole season.  I should be able to get more for Harrison and Witten than this.

3. Trade Shipp/Colbert for Mike Anderson in Week 6. - This gives me a RB stable of Green, Anderson, Pittman, Arrington.  My WRs are Harrison, Curtis, Burleson (hurt), Bruce (hurt) and whoever I pick up on waivers that's healthy.  I upgrade at RB and still keep Harrison on my team.

Not sure what my best option is, but I think #3 may be the way to go.  I just don't know about Davis.  Do you think he is really back?

1045365[/snapback]

The only 1 I like is the Mccallister deal. and if he wants to wait 2 weeks tell him nevermind.

Thanks Doc, anyone else have an opinon on my options???

the guy who offered Harrison/Witten for Stephen Davis/Plaxico Burress won't offer up Westbrook. I offered him Harrison/Witten/Shipp for Westbrook KJ. I think that's fair but he won't budge. His other RBs are LT, S Davis, and Ronnie Brown so he's not losing that much and gaining a top 5 WR...who knows what he's thinking.

I might always think the grass is greener, but I like all of those trades. At least 2 and 3. Davis is playing well. Anderson is playing well. Burress is playing like a fatherless male. Shipp is not going anywhere. Harrison is underachieving. Colbert was silent until this week, and I don't think it'll stick. Witten's not quite living up to expectations, and I'm predicting Baker to become a big part of the Jets' game with Testeverde coming in. If you get reception points, he'll become a quality play.

Trading a starting WR and TE for a starting WR and RB is a good trade just about any day of the week. Anderson's a little threatened by RBBC, but I think he'll continue to put up while not getting overused, lowering his injury risk.

Tell the owner with Deuce that the trade is available until Saturday night. You need to put up immediately at 1-3. Getting Deuce in a couple weeks won't do sh*t for you when you're 1-5.

If you can swing all of these, you'll be RB heavy, but you can probably deal one of them out for a WR upgrade. Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

Right now the only sure thing is option 3 - Trade Shipp/Colbert for Mike Anderson. I would offer him Pittman instead, but I need a another RB that's not on bye (Green, Shipp, and Arrington on bye Week 6).

I've decided against option 2, if I do that trade I end up keeping Stephen Davis for next year and I don't want to do that. He won't give up Westbrook.

I really appreciate any advice on this...I'm trying to keep my season from going down the toilet. At 1-4 I'm in trouble, but only 1 game out of 1st in my division.

Edited by Steelhead