[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From the CrockPot Week 4......

PantherDave

.....steamer.

Well the CP has another Sunday off, as we will be firing up the Steamer late this afternoon. Harris Teeter had Dungeness crab legs for $3.99 lb w/ the VIC card. Let's just say my freezer has a few packs in it now. I'll put the corn in first to cook as steamed corn is awesome, also, I'll boil up some taters in chicken broth as well. Got pretty juiced last night at Riverfest here in town, so today looks like H2O and Cokes.

Now, for some football, I think the Vikings feel it's imperative to go into the bye week at 2-2, and a possible 1st place standing in the the NFC North. The Falcons had a pretty nice road win last week, and could still be riding high.

Vikings 24

Falcons 21

Enjoy your day, and good luck on the Homer front and FF wise. Peace PD.

don't forget wreckin' the car age , talkin' back age , daddy payin' for college age.......

right now , you got it made , enjoy it  :D

1037356[/snapback]

The 4 year old has the "talkin back" down pat already, and the Doc at my 2 yr old's 2 year check up said "she's got the most advanced vocabulary of any 2 yr old I've ever seen". I said, " Your telling me, as "" No, Daddy...."" is said alot".

:D This is my favorite weekly thread! :D I get all slobbery just reading about CD's Sunday cookin's. :D

And CD, I've got the two youngest in college right now and the other father's advice is correct, enjoy THESE days. (But, what the heck, I'd do it all again if it was possible :D ). Your kids are the most completely AWESOME part of your life.

Now, get out those cookers and let's see some mouth-watering chow :D .

My girl decided to give me a break from culinary duties this week. No smoke, no grill. She asked if I'd like manicotti for dinner and who was I to refuse?

I'll also be drinking a beer called Purple Haze, brewed by Abita Beer in Louisiana. An American wheat beer w/ a hint of rasberry (has a purplish tint in a glass, hence the name). Tried a sample and decided it was worth a 6er for the games. Miller Lite on standby in case the Purple Haze gets too sweet. :D

As for football, I'm just hoping that Moss doesn't destroy the Cowboys (again) and that Dallas can get away from this West Coast swing w/ a 3-1 record.

Going with a very boring dinner today.

Rib eye steaks, inch and a half thick, baked potatoes, steamed broccoli. Deep fried shrimp lumpia and mozzarella cheese poppers as appetizers.

Nothing fancy or even very interesting, but, gets the job done. :D

As for football.... I see the 'Hawks having big time problems with the Redskin Def. I look for a 14-10 score with the 'Skins on the winning end. I also want to go on record that I am really PO'd that the game is not being played here. :D Season tickets and I don't get to see my team whip up on the 'Hawks.

Rib eye steaks, inch and a half thick, baked potatoes, steamed broccoli. Deep fried shrimp lumpia and mozzarella cheese poppers as appetizers.

As for football.... I see the 'Hawks having big time problems with the Redskin Def. I look for a 14-10 score with the 'Skins on the winning end. I also want to go on record that I am really PO'd that the game is not being played here.  :D Season tickets and I don't get to see my team whip up on the 'Hawks.

1037464[/snapback]

Sky, there is nothing wrong with thick ribeye's, as it's our Friday night feed, so it never makes the Sunday Menu-now I'd eat it again on Sunday if Mrs.PD would let me though!!!!

As for football.... I see the 'Hawks having big time problems with the Redskin Def. I look for a 14-10 score with the 'Skins on the winning end. I also want to go on record that I am really PO'd that the game is not being played here.  :D Season tickets and I don't get to see my team whip up on the 'Hawks.

1037464[/snapback]

pretty stale menu Sky.....must be rough livin' on a fixed income :D

Edited by Last Plane Out

Sky, there is nothing wrong with thick ribeye's, as it's our Friday night feed, so it never makes the Sunday Menu-now I'd eat it again on Sunday if Mrs.PD would let me though!!!!

1037520[/snapback]

pretty stale menu Sky.....must be rough livin' on a fixed income :D

1037585[/snapback]

LOL Comparing my menu to the many varied and interesting menus listed here every Sunday ..... steaks and potatoes sounds pretty pedestrian.

I get my rib eyes by the box and cut them myself. Usually save a couple of roasts out of the box too. Now those roasts.... well, they are definitely NOT pedestrian. :D

I know that 'fixed income' was a joke.... but, in response.... unless I do something really stupid I won't ever have to worry about that thank goodness. And other than the way I draft... I don't plan on doing anything really stupid. :D

.....steamer.

Well the CP has another Sunday off, as we will be firing up the Steamer late this afternoon. Harris Teeter had Dungeness crab legs for $3.99 lb w/ the VIC card. Let's just say my freezer has a few packs in it now. I'll put the corn in first to cook as steamed corn is awesome, also, I'll boil up some taters in chicken broth as well. Got pretty juiced last night at Riverfest here in town, so today looks like H2O and Cokes.

Now, for some football, I think the Vikings feel it's imperative to go into the bye week at 2-2, and a possible 1st place standing in the the NFC North. The Falcons had a pretty nice road win last week, and could still be riding high.

Vikings 24

Falcons 21

Enjoy your day, and good luck on the Homer front and FF wise. Peace PD.

1037294[/snapback]

PD,sorry I jinxed you last week with the Packer's pick... :D ...here's to the Vikes getting you back on track!enjoy the crabs..

Quick question for those more experienced than myself:

I'm tossing a roast in the crock pot so I can have some beef BBQ by the 3 o'clock games; I was considering simmering it in beer instead of water - would that taste good or awful?

I'm cooking up some taco chicken. It'll cook in the crockpot, making me smell it all day long before I can eat it. I'm constantly searching for the perfect taco....this meat is getting there...still a few changes to be made.

4 Chicken Breasts

(I don't measure)

Cumin

Chili Powder

Garlic Salt

Crushed Red Pepper

Minced Garlic

Cayenne Pepper

handful of chopped jalapenos

A can of Chicken Broth

1/2 Walla Walla Sweet onion

3 chipotle peppers, scored but not cut through

1 lime quartered (or some lime juice)

1/2 cup tequila

Cook for about 5 1/2 hours. Shred chicken with fork, cook for another 30 minutes and eat.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

Quick question for those more experienced than myself:

I'm tossing a roast in the crock pot so I can have some beef BBQ by the 3 o'clock games; I was considering simmering it in beer instead of water - would that taste good or awful?

1038111[/snapback]

It'll taste awesome, my man. Anything with flavor is better than water, but beer is delightful. If you are using a rich smoky barbecue sauce, might I recommend a little porter? :D

1037464[/snapback]

Sky, Sky, Sky. It's probably better that the game is being played away, cuz there's nothing worse than the long drive home after your team takes a bad beat, & the Hated Homegrins has the 'Skins number this week. 31-17 Hawks! :D

PD,sorry I jinxed you last week with the Packer's pick... :D ...here's to the Vikes getting you back on track!enjoy the crabs..

1038068[/snapback]

I was just joshing ya HowBout'em, as I was really torn between the Pack and Vikes games, so I actually flipped a coin and the GB game won, but at least I mentioned the Vikes vs Saints game. If I had not heard "TB has not won in wisconsin since 1989 blah,blah,blah-I would have stuck with the Vikings call-oh well, I knew I would not go perfect anyway. Peace PD.

Sky, Sky, Sky. It's probably better that the game is being played away, cuz there's nothing worse than the long drive home after your team takes a bad beat, & the Hated Homegrins has the 'Skins number this week. 31-17 Hawks!  :D

1038265[/snapback]

Well, it appears I will be having a little Redskin-Smoked Seahawk. Tastes just like Crow! :D

Edited by Bonehand

Man, it was a great feed. My parents and Mrs. PD's parents-plus Mrs.PD's sister and her daughter down from Easton PA, came over. I steamed 27 clusters and we ate them all. Now, let's hope I can get back on track with the predictions next week-sheesh, what a stinker call this week. Peace PD.

Edited by PantherDave