[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gonzo

It sucks I know Down the middle. As a Gonzo owner also, it has been very frustrating seeing him not produce this year so far when he's been a staple of that KC passing game for so many years. The one year I decide to finally draft a supposed STUD TE in the mid-rounds (5) and it's turning out to be a wasted pick. I personally am not punting on him yet, but if you have depth at TE then I wouldn't blame you. It's not that Gonzo sucks, it's just KC looks elsewhere to get the offense going and Green isn't throwing his way more than 6-7 times a game it seems.

I'd assume most defenses are devoting themselves to stopping the run game and Gonzo, make the WRs beat them.

As Kennison and Parker keep producing (they've both been pretty good this year), look for defenses to adjust to account for them and things to open up a bit for Gonzalez in the middle.

I hear ya - but it is hard to imagine that Gonzo only gets one catch in a high scoring game like this one.  Frustrating - but will keep playing him hoping for the law of averages to catch up.

1038883[/snapback]

I prefer to call it regression to the mean - over the past 6 yrs he's been good for 80 catches, 960+ yds, 8 tds. Right now he's on the low end of that bell curve, but all things being equal - and they appear to be - he'll float back up to his standard pace. The cream rises.

Next year I will be removing the TE requirement from the one league that I am commisionmer of.  Way to hit or miss.

1038892[/snapback]

But when you hit, you can yell "Woul' chu like to meet my frien'? Say hallo to my little frien'?"

The worst is Gonzo was taken ahead of Gates in most leagues (well, all 3 of my leagues I can say...).  I expected their numbers to be very similar, I definitely didn't expect this slow start from Gonzo.  So far, glad I landed Gates.....

1038893[/snapback]

Gates is a much better TE than Gonzalez. he was last year too. and if not injured he would of been the year before. I took Gates in the 3rd round in 2 of my leagues even though he had to miss the 1st game.glad I did too.

i hate tight ends. i usually wait until the very last rounds and take a few stabs on the free agent in the early few weeks. this year, however, in round 4 there wasn't anyone i felt good enough, so i took gonzo. really am regretting it. picked up courtney anderson this past week and look to start him soon.

i hope i never have to sit gonzo, but another week like this one and i'm done.

djr.

No way I give up on Gonzalez if he were on my team. I have McMichael and I would trade him for Gonzo in a heartbeat. In fact you have me thinking the Gonzo owner in my league might be ready to do something stupid. Maybe I will offer McMichael and Barlow for Gonzo.

I have Gonzo and have benched him twice and not regretted it! I posted this before , he seems slower and never gets any substantial yardage after a catch. I don't think Bailey was covering him last week, because he wasn't considered a threat.( don't know ---was he?) Also it's not just Gonzo, but Green as well. I have tried to trade Gonzo, but everybody wants too much! I won't just drop him so I guess unless something changes he will be riding the pine the rest of the year. All studs finally fall, and it always seems to be when I get them.

No way I give up on Gonzalez if he were on my team.  I have McMichael and I would trade him for Gonzo in a heartbeat.  In fact you have me thinking the Gonzo owner in my league might be ready to do something stupid.  Maybe I will offer McMichael and Barlow for Gonzo.

1039316[/snapback]

Can I join your league!