[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm outta here. I'm done with FF.

BS Miscreant

I realize I'm not exactly a staple around here and many of you don't even know who I am so I certainly don't expect to be missed.  I do, however, feel somewhat of an obligation to those of you that have given me advice, assistance or just had an interesting rapport with, whether it be FF related or not.  Anyway, the bottom line is I am apparently just too competetive to take part in contests such as FF while having so little control over the outcomes.  It has become way to easy and frequent for a combination of a Cowboy loss and a bad fantasy showing to ruin a Sunday for me entirely.  That's just unacceptable when your wife and daughter have to be around you.  I will miss you guys and gals.  It has been fun.  Don't bother to respond because I will not be here when you read this nor will I return to read this.  Best of luck to all of you.

1039001[/snapback]

Rub one out..Youll be fine.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy Wright in the 1980s?

1039190[/snapback]

Thanks John, I'd successfully repressed Green Bay's 86 season through years of expensive therapy up until now.

Dammit.

I look at FF as a way to enjoy 16 weeks for a relatively small amount of money (although with 5 leagues that part is changing). Can't take it too seriously. I get MUCH more disappointed/angry watching the Lions year in and year out.

• 1 year later...

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!

Its fat a$$ by a nose!!!!

Okay :D I'm checking the "What huddler will quit this year" betting pool and i have Chavez select "No Name Huddler" to quit on 7/24 Evening. We came close to darin3 who selected "Terrible tool" to quit on 7/24 evening/night but wrote in "Irish" next to tool. Sorry darin3. Maybe next year.

Chavez, your check is in the mail [$325]

BS I actually do remember you. Though I do remember you better with the little kid flipping the bird avy. If BJ could confirm that I would like to be the first to say bummer.

:D Confirmed.

The Next Generation is using that avatar now.

My cousin just informed me that he "retired" from fantasy football. What a punk! Leaving our local league just last week! I'm a little depressed about that. I guess some guys just can't take it anymore? :D

So.....where and what did he post? I'm interested to see how the cold turkey treated him after two years.

A post in the Fantasy University and a post in the Advice forums,

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=2100627

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=2100745

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=2100776

Edited by Big John

I walked away from a fantasy league at work a few years ago. Burned out, I guess. I think part of it was the contact with the other owners in the league. Always some sort of drama. 10 years was enough. I sold my team to another guy in like, week 7 or so, and he went on to win the championship. They still ride him about it, saying he should change his name to 'Asterick'. LOL.

I don't miss it at all.

I play on line in a few leauges. It's better for me that way. I guess everyone burns out at one point or another. Like it's been said a few times in this thread, it's all about perspective. At the height of my obsession, I didn't even care about football. My only interest was whether or not so and so got such and such yards, or whatever. The game of football bacame second to how my team was doing.

Now, I play FF, but I don't worry about whether I won or lost. I enjoy football again because of the game, not because of the stats. I'm not glued to the set, flipping channels, repeatedly checking the scores and stas online throughout the day. Some Sundays, I don't even watch. Go out and spend the day with the kids, goof off, visit Gramdma's, whatever.

For a while there, though, I lived and breathed it. Not healthy, especially if you have a family that gets put in second, behind football.

Edited by jr.