[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unlimited waiver wire moves

FiremenCCFFL

I like unlimited WW, but the first come first served part sucks. It should be a bid system (as already mentioned) or based on ranking. Otherwise you are just giving an advantage to the guys with access to a 'puter as soon as the WW is open.

One league I'm is is unlimited with a claims system that gives preference to the team with the lowest YTD total. Works fine.

Other is unlimited you get 5 free, then transactions cost a buck each. First come first served, anytime (even on Sunday) - that part really sucks IMO.

I like unlimited WW, but the first come first served part sucks. It should be a bid system (as already mentioned) or based on ranking. Otherwise you are just giving an advantage to the guys with access to a 'puter as soon as the WW is open.

One league I'm is is unlimited with a claims system that gives preference to the team with the lowest YTD total. Works fine.

Other is unlimited you get 5 free, then transactions cost a buck each. First come first served, anytime (even on Sunday) - that part really sucks IMO.

1044664[/snapback]

Totally agree that fcfs, all-the time, really sux. We used to have that and a couple of guys would just sit in front of the TV and as soon as somebody was injured they'd get on the horn to me and pick up the backup player.

Our WW ranking is now based on standings. WW pix happen on Tues evening and after that it's fcfs until the games begin and then frozen until the next Tues. Works pretty good.

Unlimited ww is really a big advantage to the guys who pay more attention imho. Even though it's unlimited, there are still a few teams that only make 3 or 4 transactions the whole year - and those teams are usually near the bottom of the standings unless they get really lucky (like last year on the team with P Manning).

I have no problem with unlimited, free free agent pick ups. I think the system should be a worst to first where every team gets a chance to claim someone or pass, but there is a decision either way. I liken that to baseball when a guy is placed on waivers, he has to clear, and it goes in worst to first by record.

As someone mentioned earlier, managing a fantasy team should be like managing a real football team. And there are many ways to do that. Some guys like to make trades all the time, hoping to improve their team. Others will like to play the waiver wire game to play matchups. I have no problem with either. Sometimes you need to play the waiver wire game. And you can also play defense on the waivers as well. If you see a team has, say Manning, as his QB, and doesn't have a good back-up, and his bye is in two weeks, go ahead and claim the best QB available to hurt that guy. I think it's all part of the game.

One way, however, to discourage the claim and wave guy, if you want to, is to put all dropped players on a two week waiver. That way, they can't make it a one week 'substitution' and all the other teams would have a chance to pick that guy up the following week, to punish that owner.

I don't believe I have ever played in a league with limited waiver wire moves, at least not in the last 10 years. I do not understand why it would be a negative to freely allow people to rebuild their rosters. If you look at most leagues, you usually see that the top teams are the ones that churn their roster the most. The draft is fun but it is only one element to a fantasy team and free agency should be a big component and tool.

Personally, I highly prefer first come first served as well though I can understand why people who cannot be always close to a computer or constantly up on things would not like it.

I see no reason why any league would limit free agent pickups. It's like trying to protect the wealthy from having other teams improve themselves.

I like unlimited and free waiver transactions, and I don't have a problem with people playing the matchups.  I do it myself sometimes.  If the rosters are reasonably large and free agents go thru waivers I don't see what the problem is.

As far as I'm concerned managing your team throughout the season, whether through trades, free agent pickups, or whatever, is just as important a part of the game as the draft is.

1044562[/snapback]

AMEN!! The waiver wire is FANSMABULOUS!! I love sniffing around for the breakout one week wonder to plug in ... If you don't have the brains or nose for that, fine. Just sit there. But don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

:D Limitations on transactions are simply GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION designed to protect the distracted and easily confused ...

:D:D

I don't mind unlimited moves.Waiver priority is worst record first and so on.Injury moves take priority over all other moves,player must stay on IR for 3 weeks.There is only one guy in my 12 team league that really abuses it.He usually makes from 3-5 or more moves per week.He has been burned by the best defense theory twice.Detroit vs.Chicago and Chiefs vs. Broncos :D

In my league we have a 10 WW limit, at $5 each to be paid by the end of the following week. The draft slot of the player being dropped is used to determine who gets a player if multiple owners are interested. The highest draft slot being dropped is awarded the player. Works great!

In our local, we do not limit WW moves. We do charge $2 per. Have not had any issues collecting at the end of the season and it also goes into the pot. Two or three of us are very active all year. We do stop WW moves at Week 14.

People are very gun shy doing trades in our local, we even made trades free but still no activity. This is due to a trade done years ago in our league that was like the DAL/MIN Herschel Walker trade done in the NFL. The owners were competing, at the time of the trade, for first place. The trade decimated one owner's season and locked the overall win for the other.

We allow unlimited WW for $1 each. Like a couple others we require 2 te's and 2 kickers. That would help with guys who won't spend a buck to sign a bye week tightend.

Ours is also worst to first for one cycle, giving crappy teams a shot at 1 hot player. Then it is first come first serve. (CBS waiver process) But you can also set it to reset every week so the crud teams aren't always first.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm