[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this collusion?

missilemike

I am commissioner of a league where a qb gets the same scoring for a td as a rb or wr, this trade just happened:

QB Carson Palmer, CIN

RB Curtis Martin, NYJ

WR Marvin Harrison, IND

for

RB Stephen Davis, CAR

WR Plaxico Burress, NYG

It seems to me to be an extremely lopsided trade, any thoughts?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not completely lopsided.

Without knowing the rest of the rosters, it's not possible to give a better response.

Based only on the players listed it seems a little loaded toward the team getting Palmer and Harrison, but not completely rediculous. Martin has been a non factor and may be playing on a bad knee. The offense for the Jets has a very tough schedule coming up as well. If you want a better reasoned answer, give us the rest of the rosters for these two teams.

I am commissioner of a league where a qb gets the same scoring for a td as a rb or wr, this trade just happened:

QB Carson Palmer, CIN

RB Curtis Martin, NYJ

WR Marvin Harrison, IND

for

RB Stephen Davis, CAR

WR Plaxico Burress, NYG

1045220[/snapback]

Looks like collusion from here. but there is always a chance it is just a dumb owner

do these 2 players have a past?

QB Carson Palmer, CIN

RB Curtis Martin, NYJ

WR Marvin Harrison, IND

for

RB Stephen Davis, CAR

WR Plaxico Burress, NYG

1045220[/snapback]

Yes, it is a one-sided trade and should not be allowed. Collusion? You have to answer that yourself.

:D

Not completely lopsided.

Without knowing the rest of the rosters, it's not possible to give a better response.

Based only on the players listed it seems a little loaded toward the team getting Palmer and Harrison, but not completely rediculous.  Martin has been a non factor and may be playing on a bad knee.  The offense for the Jets has a very tough schedule coming up as well.  If you want a better reasoned answer, give us the rest of the rosters for these two teams.

1045239[/snapback]

Come on ..... COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!! :D

New rosters, post trade:

QB B. Leftwich JAC 7

QB S. McNair TEN 10

QB C. Palmer CIN 10

QB B. Roethlisberger PIT 4

RB S. Alexander SEA 8

RB C. Martin NYJ 8

RB L. Suggs CLE 4

RB C. Williams TB 7

WR A. Boldin ARI 6

WR B. Edwards CLE 4

WR L. Fitzgerald ARI 6

WR M. Harrison IND 8

WR C. Johnson CIN 10

WR E. Moulds BUF 9

WR S. Smith CAR 7

TE A. Gates SD 10

PK N. Kaeding SD 10

PK R. Longwell GB 6

Def Chargers SD 10

Def Panthers CAR 7

Roster

Pos Player Tm Bye

QB K. Collins OAK 5

QB K. Detmer PHI 6

QB M. Tuiasosopo OAK 5

RB D. Foster CAR 7

RB S. Davis CAR 7

RB R. Droughns CLE 4

RB D. Davis HOU 3

RB L. Johnson KC 5

RB S. Jackson STL 9

RB T. Jones CHI 4

WR P. Burress NYG 5

WR K. Johnson DAL 9

WR A. Randle El PIT 4

WR M. Muhammad CHI 4

WR T. Taylor MIN 5

TE C. Anderson OAK 5

TE S. Heiden CLE 4

PK S. Graham CIN 10

Def Bears CHI 4

2 more notes:

1. they are very good friends

2. the same owner turned down Palmer for Owens straight up....

What are their records. Why would anyone tank the season after 4 weeks. I think the Palmer owner is a moran for not taking the TO deal but taking the other deal, but everyone values players differently. Without knowing more, I'd still doubt it's collusion.

Come on ..... COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!!  :D

1045247[/snapback]

Thanks for the well thought out response. :D

Perhaps you'd like to enlighten the rest of us and provide an analysis of why you think this trade is so completely one-sided without even seeing the rosters?

Some things the Palmer owner might be thinking:

Plax is on fire, one of the hottest WR's in the game, the primary WR on the highest scoring team in the league so far. Harrison hasn't been great, neither has the Colts, and the need to pass has lessened with the better defense.

CuMar is banged up and has sucked. S. Davis has 6 TD's. He thinks he's getting a WR and RB upgrade, is undervaluing Palmer who really hasn't faced a tough defense so maybe he's thinking for tough times coming for Palmer.

As for not taking TO, maybe he's concerned about the McNabb injury.

It's not as far fetched as you might think.

So you think they are stacking team 1?

What is owner 2's incentive to stack team 1? Do you think they have secretly agreed to combine their efforts in order to give team 1 a better chance to win some money? Have they secretly agreed to split that money if team 1 does in fact win?

If they are sacrificing one team to try to improve the other team for the mutual benefit of both owners, it's collusion.

Otherwise, it's just a trade.

Some things the Palmer owner might be thinking:

Plax is on fire, one of the hottest WR's in the game, the primary WR on the highest scoring team in the league so far. Harrison hasn't been great, neither has the Colts, and the need to pass has lessened with the better defense.

CuMar is banged up and has sucked. S. Davis has 6 TD's. He thinks he's getting a WR and RB upgrade, is undervaluing Palmer who really hasn't faced a tough defense so maybe he's thinking for tough times coming for Palmer.

As for not taking TO, maybe he's concerned about the McNabb injury.

It's not as far fetched as you might think.

1045267[/snapback]

Nicely reasoned. (take notes theprofessor)

One thing that strikes me though is the owner giving up Palmer has Detmer & Tuiasosopo as backups? Not the best move in the world unless he thinks there is another deal to be done or sees someone on the waiver wire he might pick up.

One thing that strikes me though is the owner giving up Palmer has Detmer & Tuiasosopo as backups?  Not the best move in the world unless he thinks there is another deal to be done or sees someone on the waiver wire he might pick up.

1045279[/snapback]

Wrong, he has Leftwich, McNair and Roethlisberger, so he has the QB depth to make a move.

Nicely reasoned.  (take notes theprofessor)

One thing that strikes me though is the owner giving up Palmer has Detmer & Tuiasosopo as backups?  Not the best move in the world unless he thinks there is another deal to be done or sees someone on the waiver wire he might pick up.

1045279[/snapback]

Maybe he has decided that he is willing to take the risk that Collins won't get hurt this season.

Stop trying to manage the guy's team for him.

New rosters, post trade:

QB  B. Leftwich  JAC  7

QB  S. McNair  TEN  10

QB  C. Palmer  CIN  10

QB  B. Roethlisberger  PIT  4

RB  S. Alexander  SEA  8

RB  C. Martin  NYJ  8

RB  L. Suggs  CLE  4

RB  C. Williams  TB  7

WR  A. Boldin  ARI  6

WR  B. Edwards  CLE  4

WR  L. Fitzgerald  ARI  6

WR  M. Harrison  IND  8

WR  C. Johnson  CIN  10

WR  E. Moulds  BUF  9

WR  S. Smith  CAR  7

TE  A. Gates  SD  10

PK  N. Kaeding  SD  10

PK  R. Longwell  GB  6

Def  Chargers  SD  10

Def  Panthers  CAR  7

Roster

Pos  Player  Tm  Bye

QB  K. Collins  OAK  5

QB  K. Detmer  PHI  6

QB  M. Tuiasosopo  OAK  5

RB  D. Foster  CAR  7

RB  S. Davis  CAR  7

RB  R. Droughns  CLE  4

RB  D. Davis  HOU  3

RB  L. Johnson  KC  5

RB  S. Jackson  STL  9

RB  T. Jones  CHI  4

WR  P. Burress  NYG  5

WR  K. Johnson  DAL  9

WR  A. Randle El  PIT  4

WR  M. Muhammad  CHI  4

WR  T. Taylor  MIN  5

TE  C. Anderson  OAK  5

TE  S. Heiden  CLE  4

PK  S. Graham  CIN  10

Def  Bears  CHI  4

2 more notes:

1. they are very good friends

2. the same owner turned down Palmer for Owens straight up....

1045248[/snapback]

This part makes no sense to me, team#1 has Roth,Mcnair, and Leftwich, plus acquiring Palmer, while team #2 loses Palmer, while only having Collins, Detmer?,

M. Tuiasosopo ? While doesn't say whether start 1 or 2, essentially gave up his best qb. Rb situation pretty much same deal. Whole thing makes no sense, doesn't deem it collusion.

Wrong, he has Leftwich, McNair and Roethlisberger, so he has the QB depth to make a move.

1045282[/snapback]

Sorry Hugh, I think you need to read this again. The rosters shown are post trade. This means Palmer was on the team with Collins before the trade. This leaves the team with no viable backup QB. This is the only thing I see about this trade I think is completely stupid.

Maybe he has decided that he is willing to take the risk that Collins won't get hurt this season.

Stop trying to manage the guy's team for him.

1045284[/snapback]

An opinion was solicited and one was given. I'm not trying to manage the guys team. Find another target for your hostility. :D

Sorry Hugh, I think you need to read this again.  The rosters shown are post trade.  This means Palmer was on the team with Collins before the trade.  This leaves the team with no viable backup QB.  This is the only thing I see about this trade I think is completely stupid.

1045294[/snapback]

:doah: Ahh yes, I missed that little detail. Stupid trade, but I still think it can be argued that it's not completely one-sided.

Maybe the guy figured that Curtis Martin wasn't getting the job done for him and that DeShawn Foster was riding the pine so he needed Stephen Davis to improve his RB production. And maybe he looked at the year-to-date results and figured that Plaxico Burress was just as valuable, if not more, than Marvin Harrison. And maybe he reluctantly had to include Carson Palmer in the deal because that's the only way he could get the deal done. And maybe he figured Kerry Collins would give him almost as good production as Palmer, and he was willing to take the chance that Collins would stay healthy in order to improve his RB and WR positions. Maybe you should let the guy manage his own team.