[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this collusion?

missilemike

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And what will he do for the BYE week?

1045319[/snapback]

Perhaps he'll pick someone up off waivers for a week. Or, perhaps he has another trade that he's working on. Or, perhaps he has decided that he will go one week without a QB. Seems to me that it should be up to him what he wants to do, it being his team and all.

Maybe the guy figured that Curtis Martin wasn't getting the job done for him and that DeShawn Foster was riding the pine so he needed Stephen Davis to improve his RB production.  And maybe he looked at the year-to-date results and figured that Plaxico Burress was just as valuable, if not more, than Marvin Harrison.  And maybe he reluctantly had to include Carson Palmer in the deal because that's the only way he could get the deal done.  And maybe he figured Kerry Collins would give him almost as good production as Palmer, and he was willing to take the chance that Collins would stay healthy in order to improve his RB and WR positions.  Maybe you should let the guy manage his own team.

1045317[/snapback]

Is this your team by any chance? You seem very perturbed by the general belief of the rest of the responders that the trade was not in the Collins owners best interests. I say again, an opinion was requested and an opinion was offered in return. Novel concept on a message board, I guess. :D

Is this your team by any chance?  You seem very perturbed by the general belief of the rest of the responders that the trade was not in the Collins owners best interests.  I say again, an opinion was requested and an opinion was offered in return.  Novel concept on a message board, I guess.   :D

1045342[/snapback]

I'm not responding to your response.

The original question was "Is this collusion?"

I'm just pointing out that maybe the guy had some rationale for the trade. Not saying that I agree or disagree with the guy. Just pointing out that they guy might actually have a plan and to accuse him of collusion seems a bit rash to me.

That's all.

(And no, it's not my team)

Edited by Marillion

I'm not responding to your response.

The original question was "Is this collusion?"

I'm just pointing out that maybe the guy had some rationale for the trade.  Not saying that I agree or disagree with the guy.  Just pointing out that they guy might actually have a plan and to accuse him of collusion seems a bit rash to me.

That's all.

(And no, it's not my team)

1045352[/snapback]

I believe I already stated clearly enough that I did not believe it was collusion, so what's your point? Rather than just give a plain yes or no response, I chose to elaborate with reasons why I believe it was simply a bad trade. Do I need to say it slower before you get it? If this isn't your team, you need to lighten up and stop trying to be a board cop.

I believe I already stated clearly enough that I did not believe it was collusion, so what's your point?  Rather than just give a plain yes or no response, I chose to elaborate with reasons why I believe it was simply a bad trade.  Do I need to say it slower before you get it?  If this isn't your team, you need to lighten up and stop trying to be a board cop.

1045407[/snapback]

What makes you think any of my responses were directed specifically at you?

I was responding to the "Is this collusion" question.

Get over yourself.

What makes you think any of my responses were directed specifically at you?

I was responding to the "Is this collusion" question.

Get over yourself.

1045417[/snapback]

The fact that you kept quoting me might have something to do with it. Try again.

Looks like collusion from here. but there is always a chance it is just a dumb owner

1045240[/snapback]

Bah? CuMart is done. Toss him out of the deal.

Palmer & Harrison for Plax & SDavis?

Hmmmm. "Name Value" looks loppy, but performance value begs to differ.

Plax has outscored Harrison significantly so far this season and a case could be made that it shouldn't change all that much ... Then the question becomes, if you're desperate for a top scoring RB (SDavis might be #2 scorer right now) is it worth it to give up a solid scoring QB? Could very well be. SDavis is fragile -- but on a roll!

:D NOT EVEN CLOSE TO COLLUSION (based on the evidence).

C'mon. Think these things through before whining that others are cheating when all someone did was dare make an offer that you never thought of. :D

the question remains though why trade a QB when you have NO backup and its your main QB's bye week?

:D

1045524[/snapback]

Maybe he has another trade that he's working on.

Or, maybe he's going to pick up someone like Vinny Testaverde as bye-week filler.

Maybe he has another trade that he's working on.

Or, maybe he's going to pick up someone like Vinny Testaverde as bye-week filler.

1045541[/snapback]

I'd buy the trade part, but if he's got Detmer and Tiuasospo on his team, I'd imagine the WW would be pretty thin.

And what will he do for the BYE week?

1045319[/snapback]

:D Let him figure that out. There's always a 50:1 shot on the wire that for one week, might just come through. Like the SFran defense that won the game for my Jellies this week -- and promptly got waived as Pittsburgh came off the bye.

Okay,

I would have to say that it is impossible to prove collusion, and therefore the trade should go through. However, after looking at the rosters POST trade (specifically the QB's team 2 is left with), here is what I would do...

Take player two's money, buy him a candy bar and a pack of trading cards, thank him for playing this year and tell him to mail in the season. Berfore sending him home, tell him to come back when he has finished the fourth grade. :D

Maybe the guy figured that Curtis Martin wasn't getting the job done for him and that DeShawn Foster was riding the pine so he needed Stephen Davis to improve his RB production.  And maybe he looked at the year-to-date results and figured that Plaxico Burress was just as valuable, if not more, than Marvin Harrison.  And maybe he reluctantly had to include Carson Palmer in the deal because that's the only way he could get the deal done.  And maybe he figured Kerry Collins would give him almost as good production as Palmer, and he was willing to take the chance that Collins would stay healthy in order to improve his RB and WR positions.  Maybe you should let the guy manage his own team.

1045317[/snapback]

Ditto!!! Let them be. :D

Is it collusion?

If you have proof that they willingly and knowingly conspired to load one team to improve it's chances of winning at the expense of the other team then yes it is collusion.

Otherwise stop whinning and get over it.

1045259[/snapback]

:D