[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saban on Ricky

TJOLIRPH

DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami coach Nick Saban has no clue how Ricky Williams will perform in his return to the Dolphins.

Williams comes back next week from a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. Saban doesn't have a real sense of how the former rushing champion will perform.

Saban detailed a typical conversation with the enigmatic running back Thursday, saying he usually gets short, to-the-point answers and nothing else.

"Every time I ask him how he's doing, he says, 'Good,'" Saban said. "And I say, 'What's up, dog?' And he says nothing. I say 'OK, how are you doing?' or "Do you feel good?"'

The typical response: "Yeah, I feel good."

Saban's next question: "I saw you running in the rain yesterday. How did you like that?"

Williams' reply: "It was OK."

Saban listed a couple other questions, which apparently got the same sort of tough-to-read answers.

"What judgment I am supposed to make out of that? I have no idea," Saban said. "Now when he gets back on the field next week, we will be able to see where he is and take it from where it is. We mapped out a schedule for him and he has done everything that we've asked him to do on that schedule every day in every way."

Only point of interest here, did Saban really say What up Dog? and if so Ricky must think he smoken it up, too

I think Ricky is gonna be just fine.

Remember, h is probably pretty alienated from his teammates, unfortunately,

But I bet he gets back in the groove,

And I'd make a sig bet that he smokes less pot this season than Randy :D

After fines Ricky is due to make $206,000 this year and the Dophins own his right for the next 2 years. I can definitely see them restructuring his deal (ala McMichael) in the next few weeks after he shows he can still run.

He's a pothead, quitter and flake.

But let's not forget he's a very talented RB that was a TOP 5 RB 2 years ago.

Don't make me bust out my Ricky & Ronnie video again !!!

So would you trade him for Kevin Jones?

1050532[/snapback]

I think I would.

Ricky is going to be sharing the backfield with Ronnie.

Kevin Jones has been taking the suck pill every Sunday so far this year but last year he was an absolute beast down the stretch. Does Detroit turn it around the 2nd half of the season?

I think I would.

Ricky is going to be sharing the backfield with Ronnie.

Kevin Jones has been taking the suck pill every Sunday so far this year but last year he was an absolute beast down the stretch. Does Detroit turn it around the 2nd half of the season?

1050615[/snapback]

Lets hope so!

Guest Cherni

And I'd make a sig bet that he smokes less pot this season than Randy  :D

1050483[/snapback]

I know a receiver in Phili that was/is alienated from hims teammates, but he seems to be doing just fine.

When I heard him I thought he was mocking the press. He's not going to tell nyone what he's going to do anymore than Belichick does. Do't read anything into what he says.

Enjoy it. It's pretty funny imo.

And I'd make a sig bet that he smokes less pot this season than Randy  :D

1050483[/snapback]

If Ronnie Brown does well this week he may be named the starter. Zach Thomas and J Taylor have both said they have no problem with Ricky. Zach said he looks fast and very fresh. He carried so many times the time off probably helped him.

Stay tuned. :D