[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OSU/PSU

T-Man

Sorry..not buying it. Justin had his shot and didn't do much. Yes, he's better at reading defenses. But he's been error-prone as well and has not taken advantage of his opportunities. And he's not a leader IMO. I can guarantee a QB change won't do anything for this team.

1053615[/snapback]

:D Well, Smith coming in every few series seemed to spark the team. They both have their weaknesses, but Smith's is obviously reading the D and making an accurate pass. Tressel owes it to the team to put in the best player that the situation requires and when you need to throw the ball, you give it to Zwift.

Since Wisconsin also lost today, is Penn State the front runner for the Big Ten title.  It may be a very interesting game with Michigan State at seasons end.

1053624[/snapback]

Only unbeaten team in B-10. I think Michigan ambushes them next week. I don't think Penn State has beaten Michigan since joining the Big-10

Edited by Glabra

With the way the Lions have played the past 2 weeks and looking at their schedule, they should be able to handle all comers until Michigan State - but Penn State is notorious for 1-2 let down games and no way can you ever underestimate anyone in the Big 10.

Would be nice to see them run the table, but like Paterno said - "we've got a good team, but have a long way to go".

Only unbeaten team in B-10. I think Michigan ambushes them next yr. I don't think Penn State has beaten Michigan since joining the Big-10

1053629[/snapback]

I'm guessing you meant next week. Well, Penn State is doing a lot of things they haven't done in a while. They have been owned by Minnesota, Ohio State, & Michigan for quite some time. Michigan will certainly be a tough battle next week at the Big House, no doubt about that, but, I am not worried about that right now, tonight was the biggest win in a LONG time for PSU, and we are enjoying it and very happy at and around Happy Valley !!!!!

WE ARE..........................................................

..............................................PENN STATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what the record is between PSU and Michigan (Michigan leads the series), but I know when the Lions joined the Big 10, they dominated. They beat the Wolverines in 94 and 96 for sure, but not sure after that.

EDITED: I'm sure I used the word sure more than enough in that little paragraph - that's for sure :doah:

Edited by Fenokee

Not sure what the record is between PSU and Michigan (Michigan leads the series), but I know when the Lions joined the Big 10, they dominated. They beat the Wolverines in 94 and 96 for sure, but not sure after that.

EDITED: I'm sure I used the word sure more than enough in that little paragraph - that's for sure  :doah:

1053644[/snapback]

Are you sure?

I think the Nits are about 0-5 or 0-6 against Mich now. Musta beaten them in '96, for sure..

I'm a huge PSU fan, grew up 20 minutes away, now live about an hour and 1/2 away.  I have not been this excited for a PSU game in years.  Just the excitement of the game tonight has been missed for quite some time.  It is going to be a battle in the 2nd half.  Ohio State is awesome, especially their linebackers, but I do think that PSU has shown that they are no fluke.  If Penn State gets this win, Happy Valley is going to be absolutely bonkers tonight and the rest of the season. 

WE ARE................

......................PENN STATE !!!!!!!!!!!

1053452[/snapback]

WE ARE.........

PENN STATE!!!

I watched the entire game last night and I knew our boys had a great chance to show the experts we could stay with the Buckeyes and pull off the upset. :D I don't think I heard a single pundit it pick the Nits, which is sweeeet when you pull the upset and prove them wrong.

It was a great game played by both Ds. The Buckeyes LB corps is "As advertised" and when making plays all over the place. Paul Posluszny had a great game and Tamba Hali was awesome too with the clinching sack / forced fumble that iced the game late.

The two turnovers by the Lions with the pick and the fumble were the big plays that turned the side for the Lions to beat a very tough Buckeyes team. :D

Next stop Ann Arbor! :D

Was a great game by Penn State. Osu defense is good but the offense is average at best. I'm not as upset as I thought I would be..I mean I got worried when our guys started running their mouths Tuesday. I mean you run your mouth for 2 reasons. 1. You think you can't be beat or 2. Your trying to pump yourself up. I really thought Osu would wear them down but I was wrong. Penn State up to the task. Great game "Nits" good luck with your season and GO BUCKS!!!

Was a great game by Penn State. Osu defense is good but the offense is average at best. I'm not as upset as I thought I would be..I mean I got worried when our guys started running their mouths Tuesday. I mean you run your mouth for 2 reasons. 1. You think you can't be beat or 2. Your trying to pump yourself up. I really thought Osu would wear them down but I was wrong. Penn State up to the task. Great game "Nits" good luck with your season and GO BUCKS!!!

1055929[/snapback]

Very classy post. I was talking to my buddy the other day about how I can't hate the Buckeyes as much now that Cooper is gone. Don't get me wrong, if I could pick one game to win each year, it would be Ohio State, but Tressel has brought some class to a team that I felt lacked it during Cooper's run. Good luck the rest of the way to the Buckeyes. That defense is the real deal, and the linebackers were every bit as good as all the hype.

Only unbeaten team in B-10. I think Michigan ambushes them next week. I don't think Penn State has beaten Michigan since joining the Big-10

1053629[/snapback]

We did beat Michigan about 10 years ago whe we had Kerry Collins and Ki-Jana Carter and won the Big 10, went to the Rose Bowl, beat up on Oregon, and went undefeated only to get snubbed by the polls for Nebraska. That's the one I remember. I think it was our second year in the Big Ten.

We did beat Michigan about 10 years ago whe we had Kerry Collins and Ki-Jana Carter and won the Big 10, went to the Rose Bowl, beat up on Oregon, and went undefeated only to get snubbed by the polls for Nebraska.  That's the one I remember.  I think it was our second year in the Big Ten.

1064150[/snapback]

Right, that was 94. Then in 96 Michigan came to Happy Valley 2 days after a monster snow storm dumped 2 feet of snow on the area. It was so bad at the stadium, they had students and even prisoners from the nearby state pen shoveling snow out of the stadium. Michigan went down something like 23-10. That was the last time we beat them.

Lots of posts about wins-losses between Penn state and Michigan here. So, for the record.

Penn State joins the Big 10 in 1993

1993 Michigan 21-13

1994 Penn State 31-24

1995 Penn State 27-17

1996 Penn State 29-17

1997 Michigan 34-8

1998 Michigan 27-0

1999 Michigan 31-27

2000 Michigan 33-11

2001 Michigan -----

2002 Michigan 27-24

These two havent played one another since the 2002 season. Sorry for lack of scores for the past 4 seasons, but I know for a fact Michigan has won these games.

I'm a bit surprised to see the Wolerines a 3.5 point favorite this weekend, but considering the short history between these two and the fact that its a Big 10 match-up, I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised.

GO PENN STATE!!!

EDITED FOR: Scores of 99, 00 and 02 games

Edited by Fenokee

Sorry..not buying it. Justin had his shot and didn't do much. Yes, he's better at reading defenses. But he's been error-prone as well and has not taken advantage of his opportunities. And he's not a leader IMO. I can guarantee a QB change won't do anything for this team.

1053615[/snapback]

Troy is 2-2 this season and looking to lead the Bucks to another horrible showing on offense. Do you still feel Troy is the answer? He is just HORRIBLE, my 14 year old can read a D better than this guy ............that's no lie!

With Smith in the offense, the Bucks will struggle to win but a few more games this season. His lack of production is now effecting the D, he can't keep drives alive and the D should let him know about it.

Edited by theeohiostate

Troy is 2-2 this season and looking to lead the Bucks to another horrible showing on offense.  Do you still feel Troy is the answer? He is just HORRIBLE, my 14 year old can read a D better than this guy ............that's no lie!

With Smith in the offense, the Bucks will struggle to win but a few more games this season. His lack of production is now effecting the D, he can't keep drives alive and the D should let him know about it.

1071585[/snapback]

Okay, 3 big plays today and looking a bit better, although Smtih IMO, is still just HORRIBLE.

Troy is 2-2 this season and looking to lead the Bucks to another horrible showing on offense.  Do you still feel Troy is the answer? He is just HORRIBLE, my 14 year old can read a D better than this guy ............that's no lie!

1071585[/snapback]

Didn't say he was the answer..My point was Zwick's not much better. Troy's a gamer and a competitor and can make the big play with his stronger arm and athletic ability. He stinks at reading D's and consistently moving the O.

It's really a couple of mediocre choices. I can promise you you'll be begging for Smith if they put Zwick back in. :D

Didn't say he was the answer..My point was Zwick's not much better. Troy's a gamer and a competitor and can make the big play with his stronger arm and athletic ability. He stinks at reading D's and consistently moving the O.

It's really a couple of mediocre choices. I can promise you you'll be begging for Smith if they put Zwick back in. :D

1071620[/snapback]

I don't want either to be a full time starter. IMO, they should alternate them. Situational usage or just to throw off the D, they would both be really effective if they could feed off the other.

I don't want either to be a full time starter. IMO, they should alternate them. Situational usage or just to throw off the D, they would both be really effective if they could feed off the other.

1071623[/snapback]

I dog Troy a lot myself, but I doubt Zwick can ever have a 4 TD day. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Who's the Big Ten's hottest passer? Basanez? Michigan State's Drew Stanton? Penn State's Michael Robinson? Nope. It's Ohio State QB Troy Smith, who's leading the league in passing efficiency completing 65% of his throws over the last four games with ten touchdown passes and an interception. Since taking over the reins in the Texas game, Smith has 13 touchdown passes and three interceptions while rushing for 433 yards and eight scores.

theohiostate..c'mon now. Time to give it up for Troy. :D

It's really not that surprising. Being a Bucks fan, i know that anyone that scores 20+ points on us has a 95% chance of winning.

The Nits have a good D, but don't be to optimistic this OSU offense is just as pathetic as any other year, only a bit worse with Smith at the helm though.

1053612[/snapback]

wow.....thats one way of looking at it