[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julius Jones injury serious?

goose228

I saw the play and it looks like it could be an ACL injury. They said at halftime that he is OK, but I havent seen him on the field in second half. May be just as a precautionary measure to sit him the rest of the game with the lead they have. Anyone know anything else??

Edited by goose228

Tyson Thompson = this weeks waiver darling.

1055956[/snapback]

I put in cheap bids on Patrick Pass and Thompson last week and ended up with Thompson. I'm thinking that most likely Tuna figured there was no sense bringing Jones back in with such a HUGH lead, but since I don't own Jones, I won't be crushed if he does miss some time.

I didn't see the play but it looks like Jones left the game in the third quarter and rookie Tyson Thompson played the rest of the way.

Tyson Thompson = this weeks waiver darling.

1055956[/snapback]

And Fisher from GB

And Fisher from GB

1056024[/snapback]

And Cedric Houston from the Jets...Blaylock broke his foot and is done for the year.

Plus I read Deuce McAllister is getting an MRI on his knee tommorrow so I'm thinking Stecker and Antowain Smith will get some waiver wire action too.

Edit to add: Rough week for RBs.

Edited by Skrappy1

Plus I read Deuce McAllister is getting an MRI on his knee tommorrow so I'm thinking Stecker and Antowain Smith will get some waiver wire action too.

1056030[/snapback]

Here we go again with Deuce. This is precisely why I didn't draft him again this year.

I would think that if JJ injury is serious, that Anthony Thomas would be starting over the rookie due to experience and blocking/blitz pickup.

1056083[/snapback]

Conceivable I guess, but both were active today and Parcells chose to go with Thompson over A-Train pretty much the entire second-half. Also, last week he declared that Thompson would be Jones' immediate backup, that's why I picked him up.

A-Train got Parcells PO'd, by complaining about not playing at all.

With all these RB injuries here lately any chance Maurice Clarett gets a call from some team.?

1056903[/snapback]

Or Ricky, :D despite what Saban & management says about not trading him. Jerry Jones has never been afraid of a blockbuster/big headline trade or FA signing....no offense to Jones owners, and I hope the guy's OK, but I'd LOVE to see Ricky in Big D.

Edited by msaint

early rotoworld report on JJ looks fine:

The Dallas Morning News reports Julius Jones is expected to play this week.

Jones laughed when asked if he'd be ready for the Giants. We'll do another update after Bill Parcells' press conference Monday, but it looks like Julius will be fine. Oct. 10

With all these RB injuries here lately any chance Maurice Clarett gets a call from some team.?

1056903[/snapback]

Why would he? He didn't even make the practice squad of the premiere RB machine. On top of all the baggage he carries, I think ther are plenty of proven 2nd string has-beens floating aroud out there who will get called up first before a Burger flipping never-was.

early rotoworld report on JJ looks fine:

The Dallas Morning News reports Julius Jones is expected to play this week.

Jones laughed when asked if he'd be ready for the Giants. We'll do another update after Bill Parcells' press conference Monday, but it looks like Julius will be fine. Oct. 10

1057620[/snapback]

I'm waiting till we get official word....Remeber what Deuce said about his injury yesterday....

RB Deuce McAllister limped off the field with seven minutes remaining in the third quarter of the Sainst 52-3 loss after twisting his right knee at the end of a screen pass. X-rays taken were negative and an MRI is scheduled Monday. “I’ll be all right,’’ said McAllister, who rushed 11 times for 36 yards. “My foot got caught in the ground and I felt something in my knee. If it had been a closer game I think I could have put a brace on it and gone out and played. If I had to play a game tomorrow I’d probably be questionable. But I plan to play Sunday unless it’s something worse than it already is.’’

Edited by myhousekey