[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Watch: Chapter 10

msaint

Rotoworld: RB Ricky Williams will return from his four-game suspension today. "We've seen what he's done since July, working so hard to get back," Chris Chambers said. "He has been out there with us throughout the whole process. You see what kind of shape he's in, and he's gained the weight back. He strong, and he's going to help us, and that's what we need.''

Brown looked very good yesterday from all accounts, but will definitely be interesting to see Ricky back on the field. Brown's fumble unfortunately ruined a great day from him, although from what I hear penalties were what killed MIA, not the late fumble.

I thought he would have gained weight over the last year... what with the late night snacking and all.

1056996[/snapback]

:D

Jenga, Funyans and Stouffer's French Bread Pizza is a lethal combo.

Maybe your boy Plummer should try a little magic bud. It certainly wouldn't hurt his game. :D

1057054[/snapback]

I'd give him catnip if it woke his hindquarter up. Playing NE's banged up 2ndary should cure what ails him next week, much as is pains me to say so. They made Schaub look like Marino...although Schaub could be better than Jake.

That said, glad I started McNair @ HOU instead of Jake this week. :D

So far there has been nothing but positive news for Ricky Williams . . .

[Miami Herald] Running Back Ricky Williams returns Monday after serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy. It's telling how far Williams, who missed last season after abruptly retiring, has come: The reaction to his return has gone from unsure in July to glowing in October.

``The trust and the respect are already there,'' wide receiver Chris Chambers said. ``We've seen what he's done since July, working so hard to get back. He has been out there with us throughout the whole process. You see what kind of shape he's in, and he's gained the weight back. He strong, and he's going to help us, and that's what we need.''

Williams has overcome one chief concern. Some wondered if Williams could rebuild trust with teammates stung by his actions of a year ago, when he left the team on the eve of training camp.

``I see Ricky going through those drills, and I'm thinking about what he's doing so that I can pick up something and become better myself,'' Ronnie Brown said. ``He's always got this really positive attitude about what he's doing."

Hmmmmm..... wonder if anyone thinks Ricky will take over as the #1 RB in MIA?

I think it is possible, especially if he is near the same weight pre-retirement.

Ronnie is the future, but if Ricky is back to form, he will help keep MIA defense off the field.

or back to new orleans?  LOL

1057403[/snapback]

:D I thought about that too.

Frolm team reports-

Williams will participate in his first practice Wednesday since the suspension began at the end of the preseason.

"When he gets back on the field, we will be able to see where he is and take it from where it is," Dolphins coach Nick Saban said. "We mapped out a schedule for him, and he has done everything that we've asked him to do on that schedule every day in every way. He has worked out in whatever we work out in. I have no crystal ball to know, but it seems like it is OK."

Saban is expected to split snaps between Williams and rookie tailback Ronnie Brown, including formations with both in the same backfield.

"We have an idea of how we are going to use (Williams), but we don't have an idea of where he is in terms of how much we use him," Saban said. "There is a difference. You try to bring players back role-wise relative to what you think they can do without putting them at risk for injury or get them playing in a game where they are not really 100 percent.

"I am assuming that he will be in a decent place from a physical conditioning standpoint. It would take a little while to get him back to where he was, but he was in pretty good condition when we started. He has worked hard, and I think it will come back quickly to him when he gets going with the team."

Edited by Randall