Sign in to follow this  
XFlash

MFL reports McAllister out for the Year!

Published Mon Oct 10 12:51:00 p.m. ET 2005

(KFFL) Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports New Orleans Saints RB Deuce McAllister (knee) had an initial test on his injured knee, which showed a torn ACL. He will have a second opinion before deciding definitely on the season-ending surgery. All indications are that the Saints will have to continue without him for the remainder of the year.

who's the backup. stecker or 40 year old antowain? or will it be a split.

1057294[/snapback]

I'm guesing Stecker, he did well when Deuce was hurt last time, but Stecker was listed questionable this week with an ankle injury.

Published Mon Oct 10 12:51:00 p.m. ET 2005

(KFFL) Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports New Orleans Saints RB Deuce McAllister (knee) had an initial test on his injured knee, which showed a torn ACL. He will have a second opinion before deciding definitely on the season-ending surgery. All indications are that the Saints will have to continue without him for the remainder of the year.

1057282[/snapback]

Torn ACL

who's the backup. stecker or 40 year old antowain? or will it be a split.

1057294[/snapback]

A Smith was his primary backup this year.

Great my team blows the way it is and now I lose my #1 pick!!! Things keep getting better!

That's me done in two leagues. :D

Not that I was doing that great anyway.

I'm guesing Stecker, he did well when Deuce was hurt last time, but Stecker was listed questionable this week with an ankle injury.

1057300[/snapback]

From the article:

"Antowain Smith and Aaron Stecker are listed behind McAllister on the Saints' depth chart at running back. Smith had 12 carries for 36 yards in Sunday's loss to Green Bay."

A.Smith is a bruiser, but slow. Stecker is a better option, but not sure how bad his ankle injury is. Saints have a great matchup next week vs the Vikings, rated last in Rush Defense.

Saints have a great matchup next week vs the Vikings, rated last in Rush Defense.

1057325[/snapback]

The Saints play the Falcons this week. (And already lost to the Vikings.)

1057327[/snapback]

This is true as I started Brooks and Stallworthless against the Vikes several weeks ago. They are now firmly planted on my bench. :D

1057327[/snapback]

My bad. I got caught up ony glancing at the Saints schedule while trying to figure out who to pickup, Stacker or A.Smith. Probably both until more news comes out.

Thats great...All of my running backs are having an MRI today...One is done for the season(Duece)...Can't wait to see the results for the other two....

:D

Not cool at all. With the way that they've been playing from behind all year, I'd think Stecker is the better option to get more touches (he'll be in there on passing downs as well).

Stecker has hardly seen any carries this year... Smith has been subbing a lot more... we'll see what happens.

McAllister getting a 2nd opinion.

I'm thinking he is done regardless. At best if not completely torn he will not be back until week 11 (after the bye) at the earliest. And probably not effective.

Hypothetical - Any thoughts to add about a small ACL tear (if that is what the 2nd opinion shows) I do not see how he can come back.

Wow - Week 5 was brutal with all of these injuries!

Stecker has 2 carries for -1 yards on the season

Smith has 26 carries for 73 yards...

nothing great for either, but Smith seems to be the obvious #2 right now...

I thought I stole him at 1.9 with the way idiot Haslett was allegedly going to run, run run. And now thia. Poor Deuce, poor Deuce owners. Was set for a monster year.:D

I'm surprised Monday Morning QB hasn't picked up on this yet. They're usually right on top of it all.

Well, in one league, I have Deuce and drafted Stecker as his backup, but that doesn't look so great.

First three picks: Deuce/C-Pep/J. Walker.

A bad year.

maybe they'll trade for ricky?

1057408[/snapback]

I doubt that. :D Though that will start alot of conversation.

Ricky probably would go back to the pipe if they traded him back to the Saints. :D