[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton and the Bulg next MNF?

PantherDave

I can't imagine Martz's absence having a positive effect on the St Louis passing game - say what you will about the man's HC ability, he's the goods when it comes to the passing game.

This could be a fireworks display in the making-looking forward to it, anybody been saving MAnning in the MVP Challenge-I have, and this one interest me greatly. :D

1058891[/snapback]

anyone in the mvp challenge who resisted using manning against both the browns AND the niners needs to be commended. that's some patience.

This could be a fireworks display in the making-looking forward to it, anybody been saving MAnning in the MVP Challenge-I have, and this one interest me greatly. :D

1058891[/snapback]

Yup. Manning going for me in MVP week 6 :D

Could be a fun game to watch, however I WILL NOT BE STARTING PEYTON MANNING THIS WEEK!!!! I'm done. I've had it. My season is already officially over. In my local keeper I have the #2,#3, & #5 RB's and am 2-3 and officially DONE (no playoffs, the best team is already 5-0) thanks to not the play of Peyton Manning---- but the combination of how good the Colts have become as an entire team, and the coverages teams are using to slow them down some.

Peyton is the 19th ranked QB in my league. I've got Eli who is in Peyton's OLD situation---lots of weapons and a bad defense!! Hopefully I can trade Peyton by the end of the week for badly needed receiver help and hopefully RB Depth (best offer so far is Holt & F.Taylor or J.Lewis). Peyton's reign as the top fantasy QB is surely over. You won't be seeing the Colts throw 45 times a game like they used to. Quite simply, the Colts offense and defense have both become so good that it is absolutely impossible for Peyton to put maybe even startable fantasy #'s. Heck Gimme Josh McCown, Bulger, Hass or Collins!!!! And Eli just seems to be so much more interesting than Peyton, dontya think>???

Oh yea, and as for the game. Peyton will find a way to make it a 17-13 game with two running TD's by Dominic Rhodes and Ran Carthon.

Edited by Seahawks21

Could be a fun game to watch, however I WILL NOT BE STARTING PEYTON MANNING THIS WEEK!!!!  I'm done.  I've had it.  My season is already officially over.  In my local keeper I have the #2,#3, & #5 RB's and am 2-3 and officially DONE (no playoffs,  the best team is already  5-0) thanks to not the play of Peyton Manning---- but the combination of how good the Colts have become as an entire team, and the coverages teams are using to slow them down some.       

Peyton is the 19th ranked QB in my league.  I've got Eli who is in Peyton's OLD situation---lots of weapons and a bad defense!!  Hopefully I can trade Peyton by the end of the week for badly needed receiver help and hopefully RB Depth (best offer so far is Holt & F.Taylor or J.Lewis).  Peyton's reign as the top fantasy QB is surely over.  You won't be seeing the Colts throw 45 times a game like they used to.  Quite simply, the Colts offense and defense have both become so good that it is absolutely impossible for Peyton to put maybe even startable fantasy #'s.  Heck Gimme Josh McCown, Bulger, Hass or Collins!!!!  And Eli just seems to be so much more interesting than Peyton, dontya think>???

1058956[/snapback]

Already played Eli-week 4 vs the same Ram's..pondering...pondering...

Edited by PantherDave

I'm not familiar with the MVP challenge - but it sounds to me like you have to pick one player each week?

Bulger may put up better numbers than PManning next week from a fantasy perspective. Martz is going to put it in the air early and often - earlier and more often (IMO) than Dungy. I think the only way the Rams can win is in a high-scoring shootout. I think the Colts can also win a shootout, but they can also win 20-13 if they have to. So I think the Colts will be more "conservative" (a word that is not in Martz's limited vocabulary) than the Rams.

Bulger may throw a couple of picks and may get sacked 3 or 4 times, but he'll put up 340 and a couple of TDs. (Probably in a losing effort)

Just one man's opinion.

I'm not familiar with the MVP challenge - but it sounds to me like you have to pick one player each week?

Bulger may put up better numbers than PManning next week from a fantasy perspective.  Martz is going to put it in the air early and often - earlier and more often (IMO) than Dungy.  I think the only way the Rams can win is in a high-scoring shootout.  I think the Colts can also win a shootout, but they can also win 20-13 if they have to.  So I think the Colts will be more "conservative" (a word that is not in Martz's limited vocabulary) than the Rams.

Bulger may throw a couple of picks and may get sacked 3 or 4 times, but he'll put up 340 and a couple of TDs. (Probably in a losing effort)

Just one man's opinion.

1059009[/snapback]

Martz will not be involved if you have not heard.

Nope, i'm saving him, TO and all the studs to the end. I'm 191st place, why would I burn up studs? I'm just going to try and stay where I'm at by playing lesser known players and hope they produce. If it comes to having to play some studs then I will do it. I'd rather have McNabb, Manning, Brady, Alexander, LT and the likes at the end of the contest. I think that's the best strategy, if it doesn't pan out then it doesn't pan out, but I have to stick to what I believe will help me get to the top at the end.

i wouldn't get too hyped up about a shootout here. it's easy to see these two teams and get all riled up about a 45-38 score, but i'm guessing we will see a lower scoring game and on tuesday morning there will be a gaggle of huddlers posting even more derogatory comments about peyton ...

st. louis has no defense. they also know they can't get into a shooting match with that defense. therefore, they run the ball every chance they get. problem is, indy can now stop the run. they stop the run and then proceed to pressure bulger with the home crowd beating down on him and the indy D puts up a TD.

indy, then, the new indy ... runs the hell out of james and once they are up by 2 scores, it becomes a borefest and they take the game 20-13.

prepare yourselves ...

tony

Don't hold your breath for a shoot out. This game is going to turn out like this:

Peyton manning - 170 yards 1 td

Marvin - 60 yards

wayne - 45 yards 1 td

rest of the receiving corp - 65 yards

edge - 110 yards, 2 tds

Bulger - 240 yards 1 td, 2 ints

Holt - 110 yards

curtis - 35 yards 1 td

McDonald - 95 yards

Jackson - 95 yards 1 td

Colt 24, Ram 17

Edited by cliaz