[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson

MrTed46

Those of us who had Andre Johnson on our teams last year and suffered through the second half of the season saw this coming from a mile away.

One thing that a lot of Fantasy Football experts do when gauging a player's value is look at their stats for the previous season. That's not a bad idea, but you can't look at the season in total. You have to look at the Game Logs. If you had looked at Andre Johnson's 2004 Game Log, you would have seen this:

(Yards, TDs)

Week 1: 58, 0

Week 2: 86, 1

Week 3: 96, 0

Week 4: 115, 1

Week 5: 170, 2

Week 6: 66, 0

Week 7: Bye

Week 8: 74, 0

Week 9: 28, 0

Week 10: 59, 0

Week 11: 107, 0

Week 12: 34, 1

Week 13: 125, 0

Week 14: 34, 0

Week 15: 31, 0

Week 16: 46, 1

Week 17: 13, 0

In a performance league with standard scoring, Johnson scored 10 points or less for his owners in 12 out of his 16 games.

Take out that one big game in Week 5 against the Vikings and there are at least half a dozen guys sitting on your waiver wire right now that can give you his stats.

Sorry guys, but you should have seen this coming from a mile away. Don't tell me it's the situation he's in either. Brandon Lloyd was in just as bad a situation when Rattay was at the helm and he still produced.

(Unforutnately for Lloyd owners, he's in an even worse situation now.)

Ooooohhh, Captain! An astute football mind like you, falling for the lure of the Andre'? Alas..... :D

1064191[/snapback]

Dynasty league. . .

I didn't touch him in any re-draft leagues this year after witnessing the aforementioned horrible ending to last season.

Dynasty league. . .

I didn't touch him in any re-draft leagues this year after witnessing the aforementioned horrible ending to last season.

1064204[/snapback]

Phhhhewwww! That's the Captain I know. I was worried for a second! :D

Those of us who had Andre Johnson on our teams last year and suffered through the second half of the season saw this coming from a mile away.

In a performance league with standard scoring, Johnson scored 10 points or less for his owners in 12 out of his 16 games.

1063938[/snapback]

Exactly. I lived through the misery and hope last year. This year, I put white-out over his name on my draft sheet.