[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This trade got shot down in my league...

EZ Money 36

I think this trade is very one sided. You get Priest Holmes and you only give up Jones and three very mediocre players. To be honest, if this trade went down in my league I would be mad at the guy giving up Priest. I don't know if I would vote it down or not but I would not invite that owner to be in the league next year. Sorry, but that's my honest opinion.

I don't think it's that bad. Priest is no longer the ultra stud he used to be, just a very good starter. You traded 2 mediocre starting RBs, for one very good starter and his backup. I would rather be on your side of the deal, but this is not unreasonable.

as long as you weren't colluding, the trade should go through. what the hell is it with the 'fair trade' police these days? in any league, a trade should never be overturned unless there is foul play suspected. if one owner is dumb enough to be on the losing end of a lopsided trade that he believes will help his team, so be it.

if the owners don't know what the hell they are doing, they shouldn't be in the league.

tony

right on tony.

I've never had it happen in Football, but in a baseball league this summer I got a lot of crap from other owners when I essentially traded Andy pettite and barry Zito for Bobby Abreu and Bret Boone.

End result, I apparently screwed the other owner by giving her two of the best pitchers in the league for a second baseman I ended up dropping(too late) and a great Outfielder who had a mediocre second half

(sorry to bring baseball into it)

the point is, you never know how things are going to turn out, so fairness is in the eyes of the traders. Now, if they happen to be best friends and one happens to be buying the other a new TV, that could be another story.

I think this trade is very one sided.  You get Priest Holmes and you only give up Jones and three very mediocre players.  To be honest, if this trade went down in my league I would be mad at the guy giving up Priest.  I don't know if I would vote it down or not but I would not invite that owner to be in the league next year.  Sorry, but that's my honest opinion.

1064011[/snapback]

The answer for folks who would veto this trade -- or to exile an owner over it -- is to play in a no trade league.

You've got to have some zest for "risk/reward" and a feel for what it takes to make a specific team better in order to stomach trades. If my backs had been Priest, Deuce, Arrington, Benson, & LJ -- I'd make that trade in a heartbeat ... crying the whole way, but knowing I had to do it to get competitive again.

Opinion would dictate that this could go either way. With Priest and Johnson being a two-headed monster, it's only opinion. This is a valid trade and should not have been shot down. Did it go to a vote, or did the commish gun it? It sucks out loud and is part of FF to manage your team. Send this link to your commish and maybe he'll learn what not to do next year, or better yet change it and let this ride.

I don't think it's that bad. Priest is no longer the ultra stud he used to be, just a very good starter. You traded 2 mediocre starting RBs, for one very good starter and his backup. I would rather be on your side of the deal, but this is not unreasonable.

1064030[/snapback]

Agreed....although you got the better end of the deal...JJ is a keeper and Priest is coming to the end of his career...I think the veto is complete BS! No collusion there...some commishes just do not get it! Leave this league next year!

I think this trade is very one sided.  You get Priest Holmes and you only give up Jones and three very mediocre players.  To be honest, if this trade went down in my league I would be mad at the guy giving up Priest.  I don't know if I would vote it down or not but I would not invite that owner to be in the league next year.  Sorry, but that's my honest opinion.

1064011[/snapback]

Tell me again what exactly Priest has done this year to make you lust for his sack so much?

He's splitting a third of the carries. Neither Holmes nor Johnson is anywhere near max potential right now and may not be all year given the 2/1 ratio being employed in KC.