[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best trades...

LooGie

i thought it would be cool to list your best trade you ever successfully initiated.

I guess i'll start.

I had Collins whom i drafted, and i picked up Caddy and W. Paker off the WW DURING their break out games. I knew fatboy Bus would be vulturing his way back from the depths of hell, so i knew it was time to sell high. I offered a trade to pick up S. Alexander and give up Collins and Parker for him. The other guy had B. Favre and A. Brooks, so he really needed a QB. So i offered him a trade, where he could accept, but it wouldn't go through until AFTER Collins bye week. He accepted this last Sat morning. he got the Alexander points, but by the time he saw the MNF game and realized Willie wasn't as important as before, it was too late, the trade was already through

the best part is, to make room on his roster, he chose to drop B. Favre into the WW, who i quickly grabbed as a backup.

Edited by LooGie

Best trade for me I think is Ty Wheatly for Peyton Manning in one of my dynasty leagues. Wheatly was also a wavier pickup and was doing pretty well. Manning was just starting to do well and the other guy had depth at qb. I've had some other really good moves but this one is one that stands the test of time better than any that I can think of.

Here is this season's best trade for me, I think. The sequence of events goes like this:

1. I pick up Larry Johnson off the ww week one.

2. Week 3. I trade L. Johnson for Jamal Lewis. The owner was tired of Lewis not doing anything, and Johnson had just come off a pretty good game.

3. Week 5. The owner, seeing that J. Lewis is waking up a bit, wants him back. He needs a rb in a big way because of a bye week, so I offer him J. Lewis back for Reggie Wayne straight up.

4. I have essentially traded L. Johnson for Reggie Wayne! Not too shabby. Now, if that Indy offense finally wakes up, I could be REALLY dangerous.

:D

i thought it would be cool to list your best trade you ever successfully initiated.

I guess i'll start.

I had Collins whom i drafted, and i picked up Caddy and W. Paker off the WW DURING their break out games.

1064438[/snapback]

Cadillac was on the WW? What kind of league are you in?

I got Priest Holmes for Christy Brown and Donte Stallworthless... :D

my starting lineup is now:

Favre

LT2

Holmes

R. Moss

C. Johnson

S. Smith

S. Graham

Panthers

10 team league!

1064628[/snapback]

Are the other nine players allowed to stay up after 8:00pm on a school night? :D:D:D

Wasn't this year, but I made a trade a couple years ago right after Edge got hurt, but before it was announced it was season ending (so the guy thought he'd be back the next week). I traded away Edge for Holmes - guy is an Indy homer. I offered him Dominic Rhodes as well to soothe his concerns about Edge's knee, but he didn't want him as he would have to drop someone else to make the numbers work.

So I got Priest when he was going nuts and was able to keep Rhodes (who went on to have a very nice year) and he got Edge who was announced to be out for the year like a week later.

I won the league that year. Suh-weet

Are the other nine players allowed to stay up after 8:00pm on a school night?  :D  :D  :D

1064675[/snapback]

I knew it was coming!

Actually I followed the advice in one of the huddle mocks for my draft! I had the first pick and my first 4 rounds went:

LT2

Moss

Johnson

Smith

I was able to scrap the rest together!

Cadillac was on the WW? What kind of league are you in?

1064570[/snapback]

9 team league, only allow 15 roster spots though. almost all the rookies were still on the WW after the draft. I just happen to pick him up week 1 i think i dropped an extra DEF for him

Last night I traded A.Crumpler for D.Culpepper.  Not sure yet who got the best deal.

1064720[/snapback]

as long as you got a good starting QB and TE, i'm sure you made out. Cully will come around. not to 39 tds, or probably even 25, but when he clicks, he'll be a nice qb to watch the opposing DEF against, and try and guess his blow up games.

I don't know about my best trades ever, but just this season I traded Marshall Faulk for Gates after week 1, and last week I got Jamal Lewis for Kevin Curtis.   

I've got a few owners that are pretty pissed at me.    :D

1066616[/snapback]

pissed at you? I would imagine they are. Both those trades are EXTREMELY questionable.

Last year I traded Randy Moss & Roy Williams for Shaun Alexander & D Jax. At the time I was worried about putting all my eggs in one homer basket, but with the injuries to Moss & Williams I ended up riding it to the playoffs.