[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anderson or Bell - Which to keep

Steelhead

I have to either include one in a trade or cut one as I am getting S Davis and we can only keep 4 RBs.  Even though Anderson is the starter I think I should keep Bell since it looks like he is starting to catch fire.

1065342[/snapback]

That's though, and I'm not even sure Shanahan would be able to answer this one yet.

Bell is the better back, but he's also shown himself to not being able to get into the EZ on short yardage plays. Keep in mind that over 80% of his yardage and both TDs last week came on two breakout carries. One more tackle, and we're not having this conversation.

Anderson is the safer bet over the next few weeks. After that, Bell could have the better upside, or he could turn into a yardage RB with the TBs handed to Anderson.

I wouldn't drop either straight out, but I'd try to trade on the uncertainty if possible (though, no one may want to until things get sorted in Denver).

Edited by craiginthecapital

I own both and if I had to drop one I'd have to say drop Anderson. Bell had 2 or 3 tries from the 1 or 2 against Miami and failed. Anderson has had about 5 or 6 tries from the 1 or 2 and has failed every time, people seem to forget that. Anderson had 1 big game against Jax, Bell also had 60 on 15 carries in that game, and 1 long 44 yard TD run against KC. Other than that Anderson hasn't been that good. Bell has broken 5 or so long runs already. If I could only keep 1 I'd keep Bell. If he stays healthy you have to believe that at some point he gets the starting job.

Edited by giantsfan

ok ... arrington has future value and it's too early to give up on green ...

the safer choice would be anderson because even though bell broke a couple of long ones, anderson is still the starter. bell definitely has the most upside, especially looking to future years.

so if you are going for it this season, i think you keep anderson. he's a more reliable backup to davis/green and one of those guys will probably need a backup.

on the flip, if your team is sucking this year, grab bell and go for the upside.

other option is to try and quickly trade one for help in another position.

tony

A Green, Anderson, Bell, Arrington.

I am holding onto Arrington because in our 2 keeper league I can add him as a rookie keeper for a 2006 2nd rd pick.  He's got to come around at some point this season.

1065431[/snapback]

If you get Davis and you drop Anderson you only have one real starter, since Green is hurt - thats a serious gamble. I would drop Aarington at this point and try and if noone picks him up on waivers try and acquire him again the week before they are out of the playoffs when they will really try to start playing him.

If you get Davis and you drop Anderson you only have one real starter, since Green is hurt - thats a serious gamble.  I would drop Aarington at this point and try and if noone picks him up on waivers try and acquire him again the week before they are out of the playoffs when they will really try to start playing him.

1065465[/snapback]

Our rule says you have to draft the rookie and keep him on the roster the whole season without cutting him.

Right now my best options for keepers are Green and Harrison. If Arrington turned it on at the end of the season I would lock him as well and give up my 2nd rd pick. I figure since Shipp isn't lightning it up he should get a chance once they are out of contention.

I'm 1-5 and but only 2 games out of my division. It's not looking good. I have a guy that will take Burleson/Witten for S Davis, but I want to push Bell or Anderson on him instead of Witten. I am probably going to wait until next week for the trade and just play both Anderson and Bell. Surely one will do something to make them more attractive.

My Team

QB – Brooks, Frerotte

RB - Anderson, Bell, Arrington, Ahman Green (Hurt)

WR - Harrison, Kevin Curtis, Crayton, Bruce (Hurt), Burleson (Hurt)

TE - Witten

K - Wilkins

Def – Falcons